epiduo acne pimples hyperpigmentation topical aha alpha hydroxy acid

2 replies to this topic

#1 alanaisabelle

alanaisabelle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I have been using Epiduo every night for about 2 months and my face still is not clear.
Opinions? Suggestions? Experiences? Anything? Haha every comment is appreciated!

Thanks in advance Posted Image

#2 mitsukai719

mitsukai719

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Im sorry to hear that. Ive been using it for exactly a week now and my skin is 95% better already! Although i only had clogged pores and not so much acne break outs. but i tried everything and nothing worked so i saw a dermatologist. It took a couple of days for me to figure out my routine.
  • Wash at night with Cetaphil face wash, DO NOT USE A WASH CLOTH! I found that rubbing the skin when washing made it more irritated the next morning. I also let my face air dry.
  • i put a pea sized dot on my forehead, each cheek, chin and neck and rub in. (avoiding anywhere near the eyes)
  • wait about and hour and apply cetaphil moisturizer all over face and neck
  • in the morning wash with cetaphil again, air dry and apply lotion
  • i carry my lotion with me and reapply throughout the day cause of dryness
now, there were a couple of things i had to learn trial and error.
  • do not use a towel to wash or dry, i dont know if it was the fabric softner or rubbing of the skin but after i stopped, my face no longer was red and swollen
  • day 1 and 2 were no side effects
  • day 3 and 4 were the WORST!! it looked like i had a rash all over my face and neck!!
  • day 5 and 6 were better. just EXTREME dryness! i mean my face was so dry that it looked burned. dark brown spots over the driest parts!!
  • day 7 was better...WAY BETTER!!
i hope that it works for you, i have severly sensitive skin and this is the only thing that has worked for me. DONT GIVE UP!!

#3 Stubbs

Stubbs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

Just stick with it.

I've been on Differin for 15 weeks now. Mostly clear, but since coming off the antibiotics I was prescribed I've had some breakouts (not sure if it's a second "initial breakout"). Give it 4 or 5 months, then you can try something else.

Ask gecko333 - he's been on Epiduo for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users