Photo

How Can I Wash My Face Gently And Still Get All Of My Makeup Off?

makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I am in desperate need of help.. I've tried every 3 step system and practically every product in drug stores. I tried this new regimen with the 2.5% BP and everything and I'm trying to treat my skin gently like it says (although I really don't have that sensitive of skin) and with the Sensitive Cetaphil face wash my face doesn't even feel clean! It won't wash away any of my makeup and I basically have NO idea what to do.

I find myself putting triple the amount of face wash on and even then it's still not clean.. any suggestions would help me soso much!

I use healthy, non-comedogenic makeups in case anyone thinks that poses as a problem.

#2 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Personally, I didn't like Cetaphile Gentle Skin Cleanser for this same reason. I feel like a lathering type cleanser does a better job at makeup removal.

Now, I have a few pages of makeup advice I'd like to give you.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cosmetics
and
http://www.acne.org/...up-if-you-must/
and
http://www.acne.org/...men.html#makeup
and
http://www.danielker...er-8.htm#makeup

Hope that helps!

#3 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

The best facial cleanser I have ever found is Lumiplexion. I use green (normal). I use a dime size and lather for about 20-30 seconds. Dan's cleanser would be my second choice. However, although the price is cheaper, i have to use quite a bit more for the same clean.

#4 riceballinafruitsbasket

riceballinafruitsbasket

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

I dissolve my makeup with a lotion and remove that with a cotton pad first (I like the Neutrogena Hydrating Eye Makeup Remover in the blue tube- it's designed just for eyes but I use it all over with great success) and then wash my face. My skin is very easily irritated, and I find that if I let the remover sit on my face for thirty seconds or so and then wipe everything away, my face is much happier. Also- this technique doesn't seem to break me out nearly as much as scrubbing my face angrily trying to take everything off in one fell swoop. :)

#5 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I use this cheap but good for your skin spray to help break down foundation and powder. Ironically, it says it won't disturb makeup, I know. I use it for a variety of things but it does help to take makeup off. I get my skin a tiny bit damp and then spray this 4-5 times and use a makeup wipe or Dermalogica PreCleanse. It's the most gentle way to remove makeup without scrubbing. You can also spray it on after you cleanse and wipe off with a cotton pad as a final step.

http://www.mariobade...s-and-rosewater

#6 Alexis Little

Alexis Little

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Clinique's makeup remover does a really good job. Just a dime size does a great job of removing it all without scrubbing your face red.

#7 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks guys, you've helped me soo much! I'm going to try out some stuff and can't wait to get clear skin. :)

#8 mm..Brian..

mm..Brian..

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Good Old extra virgin olive oil. It will get rid of EVERYTHING. It's gentle and brilliant for your skin. Do not let the word 'oil' put you off, this is a GOOD oil, will not clog your pores, it is fantastic. Use it as a remover before you wash your face. It's very cheap but make sure it's the extra virgin kind. Also brilliant for hair.

#9 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Thanks a bunch, I didn't know it took off makeup. I've heard it's good for your skin but I never got around to trying it.

#10 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

You might want to be careful with olive oil. I tried using just plain extra virgin olive oil as a cleanser for a month or two once and it definitely didn't help anything, and might of even just made things worse. You should just stick to a gentle cleanser and either a washcloth or something similar to get your makeup off in my opinion. Or use that olay pro-x cleansing brush I mentioned to you in another post, I've had mine for a week and I LOVE it :)

#11 English_Rose

English_Rose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

My favourite cleansers which get my make up off are Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and Elemis sensitive facewash.
To remove eye makeup I use Liz Earle Eyebright.
Hope you find something you like soon :)

#12 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

Cetaphil Antibacterial Cleansing Bar removes all traces of my makeup when I choose to wear it.

#13 WantThisAcneGone

WantThisAcneGone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

All I use to remove my makeup, while being able to be gentle about it is:

I use petroleum jelly to remove my eye makeup. It works wonders! Cheap, too.

And for my foundation I just use my Clean & Clear foaming facial cleanser. Even just washing my face gently, it completely removes my makeup.

#14 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

You might want to be careful with olive oil. I tried using just plain extra virgin olive oil as a cleanser for a month or two once and it definitely didn't help anything, and might of even just made things worse. You should just stick to a gentle cleanser and either a washcloth or something similar to get your makeup off in my opinion. Or use that olay pro-x cleansing brush I mentioned to you in another post, I've had mine for a week and I LOVE it Posted Image

Yeah I don't have a lot of money as of late but I was considering buying that brush thing OR the Neutrogena Wave. I don't wanna be too mean to my skin. I do love that Clean & Clear Foaming Scrub though! Gets everything off. :)

#15 Starlitskies

Starlitskies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yeah I don't have a lot of money as of late but I was considering buying that brush thing OR the Neutrogena Wave. I don't wanna be too mean to my skin. I do love that Clean & Clear Foaming Scrub though! Gets everything off. Posted Image

Yeah, that's one reason why I love the Olay one is because it's SUPER gentle while still being effective. I was worried it might hurt some of my active acne, but it's really gentle and just makes me skin feel really soft afterwords. The bristles are really soft as well, which is nice!

I haven't researched the Neutrogena Wave though, so I can't say much about it. Although on Amazon it rates 3.8, and the Olay rates 4.2 (out of five). But I'm sure they're both almost the same! :)

#16 clambak3

clambak3

OG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm gonna go for it. Just got my tax return.. why not right? :P

#17 andromeda3083

andromeda3083

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

Sébium H2O by Bioderma. This is literally water (non comedogenic, non acnegenic) and it doesn't only takes make-up off but also refreshes your skin. Best cleanser ever!

#18 linali26

linali26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi
This is something I have been researching on, since I can't use my toner. I would cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Since I have been on the regimen I can't tone (Clinique acne solutions toner). I have found that neutrogena makeup removing wipes work for me. I also had Clinique wash away gel cleanser. I feel like I run out of it quickly. It did work very well though. Hope this helps :)