Photo

Epiduo Expedition

epiduo adapalene benzoyl peroxide acne pimples whiteheads blackheads differin retinoid tazorac

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 Ms18

Ms18

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

I have been on Dicloxacillin 250mg for almost 3 months and epiduo for 5 weeks. About 2 weeks in my face would get better then breakout get better then breakout its so frustrating i know how you feel. But now my face has just been horrible for about a week with no signs of improvement anymore :(

#22 AcneIsACurse

AcneIsACurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

I used epiduo and a aczone for about 2 years. At first it doesn't work too we'll but it gets better and better, 3-4 months after you start is really when it starts getting better. However after 2 years my acne started getting worse and worse, idk if the creams started working less and less or if it was mainly because of my diet which was getting REALLY bad, I ate mcdonalds or subway 2-3 times a week and I was eating a lot of bread, crackers, and cookies. Plus I ate a big burrito filled with rice/beans/chicken/LOADS OF SOUR CREAM/LOADS OF CHEESE basically every weekend. So I think it largely had a lot to do with my diet.

So if I were you I would stay on the epiduo but keep your diet in check at all times; stay away from wheat (because of the gluten), dairy, sugar, and soy. I never eat fast food now unless I have no choice, and I use almond milk instead of regular milk and eat gluten free/soy free crackers and cereal. I also started eating more fruits and vegetables, I eat a salad every day (with only the veggies, no extra stuff on it except maybe vinegar as a dressing). I think I'm going to start using epiduo and aczone again, but this time I'm gonna do it right and combine it with diet to minimize breakouts.

#23 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

I have now been on Epiduo for almost 5 months. Before Epiduo I was on regular Differin (The part of Epiduo that takes 12 weeks to work) for about 4 months. So all in all, there has never been a day in the past 9 months where I have not applied Adapalene to my face. Theoretically, it should have made my face crystal clear by now. Its not. My derm refuses to give me an oral antibiotic for it on the grounds that it breeds "Resistant bacteria". I don't care, I want a clear face. Why the hell don't you get it. This is more damaging to me than "Resistant bacteria" could ever be.

#24 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi, I have discontinued the Epiduo, and am now on Ziana, Solodyn, and Sumadan. Please see my new Posting @ http://www.acne.org/...adan-wash-logs/