Free Personalized Advice
 Take the Quiz »
x
Photo

What Type Of Acne Is This And How Can I Treat It?

type acne pictures epiduo treatment

2 replies to this topic

#1 12256847

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

I am currently using:
Clean and Clear continuous control acne cleanser (10% BP cream) twice a day.
Epiduo gel (2.5% BP and .1% adapalene) once at night after using cleanser.
Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring moisturizer .
Doxycycline 50mg twice a day.

I have been using these products for 2 months and have seen some improvements but it has gotten worse recently. What else can I do too help clear up my acne?Also, my camera only picked up about 70% of my acne and I have a tremendous amount of clogged pores.Thanks!

Attached File  picac.jpg   2.25MB   34 downloads Attached File  IMG_0267.JPG   3.25MB   28 downloads

#2 Beender20

Beender20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

hey your chin doesn't really look bad at all. but those two on your forehead look really irritated.

really though I think you're being too aggressive with your treatment. i used to be on epiduo too but I never used a medicated cleanser along with it.

The only thing I would suggest is patience and maybe even sub out the medicated cleanser with a gentle one.

Hopefully, after 3 months or so the epiduo will completely clear you then you can stop it like I did, and maintain clear skin by just using water :)

#3 Codyd

Codyd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Honestly your skin doesn't look bad at all, even if the camera didn't pick it all up. I wish I had your skin. I agree with the person above, you might be overdoing it on treatment. Sometimes a step back is the best way to go forward. But I know how hard that is when you look in the mirror and all you can see is your own blemishes, been there more times than I can count. Try washing with just cold water for a few days and see if the irritation of your pimples goes down. It won't treat them, but it will make them less noticeable. Then, since your acne is not bad at all(not even close!), try spot treat on current pimples with the product you find most effective. Vi personally love the proactive repair lotion and on the spot by neutrogena. I switch off between the two for spot treatment. I would then use s toner to balance your skins ph. If you don't have one try apple cidar vinegar. Very cheap, yet effective. Just rub it on your face with a cotton ball and let it dry. See if any of this works as I think your over doing it with the treatment, as I stated, and less could do more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users