Photo

Tazorac .05% Cream, Light Adult Acne

adult tazorac hormonal sensitive red mark concealer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 Murph89

Murph89

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I stopped using tazorac and aczone bc my skin cleared up. I didn't use anything but a face wash, toner, and exfoliant for a year and a half and a super stressful situation happened to me in February, and m trying to get re clear still. Been 6 months.

#22 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

It's been four and a half months of Tazorac. My skin looks very good. I got two small hormonal chin cysts but they flattened out within a day or two and were easily covered.

#23 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

For some unknown reason, I have 5 (!) cysts at once!!!!! Four on my chin and one on my cheek. I only had one during my period but then all these other ones came. I am not sure why, either, as I have been really thorough and religious about my regimen.

#24 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Aaaaaand... one day later, all those cysts are flattened or came to a head and popped and are scabbed over. That is the weirdest part of this Tazorac regimen - how quickly some pimples go away. I did put a lot of salicylic acid and Tazorac on them overnight.

#25 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have been "double-treating" any threatening pimples: after my evening shower, I apply Paula's Choice 2% salicylic acid, then Aczone, then Paula's Choice moisturizing gel, then Tazorac .05% cream. Then it is usually a few hours before I go to bed, so just before bed, I blot my face with oil papers (Tazorac cream has mineral oil which you need to prevent crustiness but does make me shiny), and then I dot on more salicylic acid and Tazorac. That seems to flatten the pimples right out, though there will be peeling skin around them in the morning. I'll take the peeling skin over the pimple, though!

#26 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

No active pimples! Just one tiny scab, and several dark marks. I am only wearing concealer and powder now and look good. I also have started alternating BPO 2.5% and 5% in the mornings (the derm wanted me to use 5% every morning but I was afraid of irritation.) No irritation so far though the evening of the day I used 5%, my skin is slightly reddish.

#27 spartan32

spartan32

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

In one of your previous posts, you said that you were going to ask your doctor about Tazorac .01. Are you still considering doing that or do you feel .05 is strong enough? I ask because I am in between using .05 and .1 every other night with no irritation and can't decide if I should go with .1 every night.

Edited by spartan32, 12 August 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#28 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

In one of your previous posts, you said that you were going to ask your doctor about Tazorac .01. Are you still considering doing that or do you feel .05 is strong enough? I ask because I am in between using .05 and .1 every other night with no irritation and can't decide if I should go with .1 every night.

I see him at the end of the month (was supposed to go at the end of last month but had a funeral and doc is super-busy) and I might ask still for a 0.1% to keep on hand, but I don't want to start using it all over because I am still seeing results with the .05%.

#29 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Skin totally clear. Could leave without makeup. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

Saw the dermatologist yesterday after 4 months of Tazorac .05% cream and 3 months of Aczone. He said I had a nodule he didn't like and that he thought I would do better on Retin-A Micro .1%. He thinks that Tazorac is better at comedones and Retin-A Micro better at inflamed papules. He also said it would be more irritating and wanted me to be done with the initial course before winter set in. I am to stop the Aczone and only use salicylic acid and BPO in the mornings.

So... yeah. Who knows if he is right. He promised me that I won't re-flake-up but I don't know if I believe him...

#31 NotMeAtAll

NotMeAtAll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

Fifth day of Retin-A Micro. Not being able to put lotion on before or after the RAM is making my skin dry, so I am compensating by moisturizing a ton when I wake up. My skin is fairly pink and peeling a bit, but also pretty clear, so I will reserve judgment. Flakes easily removed with brush.