Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tazorac .05% Cream, Light Adult Acne

31 posts in this topic

No active pimples! Just one tiny scab, and several dark marks. I am only wearing concealer and powder now and look good. I also have started alternating BPO 2.5% and 5% in the mornings (the derm wanted me to use 5% every morning but I was afraid of irritation.) No irritation so far though the evening of the day I used 5%, my skin is slightly reddish.

In one of your previous posts, you said that you were going to ask your doctor about Tazorac .01. Are you still considering doing that or do you feel .05 is strong enough? I ask because I am in between using .05 and .1 every other night with no irritation and can't decide if I should go with .1 every night.

In one of your previous posts, you said that you were going to ask your doctor about Tazorac .01. Are you still considering doing that or do you feel .05 is strong enough? I ask because I am in between using .05 and .1 every other night with no irritation and can't decide if I should go with .1 every night.

I see him at the end of the month (was supposed to go at the end of last month but had a funeral and doc is super-busy) and I might ask still for a 0.1% to keep on hand, but I don't want to start using it all over because I am still seeing results with the .05%.

Skin totally clear. Could leave without makeup. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this

Saw the dermatologist yesterday after 4 months of Tazorac .05% cream and 3 months of Aczone. He said I had a nodule he didn't like and that he thought I would do better on Retin-A Micro .1%. He thinks that Tazorac is better at comedones and Retin-A Micro better at inflamed papules. He also said it would be more irritating and wanted me to be done with the initial course before winter set in. I am to stop the Aczone and only use salicylic acid and BPO in the mornings.

So... yeah. Who knows if he is right. He promised me that I won't re-flake-up but I don't know if I believe him...

Fifth day of Retin-A Micro. Not being able to put lotion on before or after the RAM is making my skin dry, so I am compensating by moisturizing a ton when I wake up. My skin is fairly pink and peeling a bit, but also pretty clear, so I will reserve judgment. Flakes easily removed with brush.