Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

74Julia

Dermarolling 3 Months Experience With Photos

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum, although was reading posts for a couple of months. I want to share my Dermaroller experience, see what you think . I have quite mixed feelings about it, although at the beginning results were impressive. May be I've done smth wrong, not sure.

I have few scattered scars left post acne, mostly on my cheeks, worse on the left side. They are rolling and box scars. They were not so bad, until last December when I decided to use 30% Glycolic acid peel, which I did use couple of times before with absolutely no results. This time, I made a huge mistake and put a double coat of acid for 10 min which left a hyper pigmented area on my lower left cheek.

I was applying topical vit E, code liver oil, honey to get rid of that dark spot ( apox 3 by 3 cm). What I though was just a hyperpigmentation however, left quite a huge scar. I've never had anything like that before. Calling it chemical burn scar would be more appropriate. You will see it on the pic.

6 weeks post that glycolic peel, I started dermarolling ( 1.5 mm, 4 weekly). Topicals I used: Tamanu Oil ( supposedly is good to heal scars), Calendula Oil, plus 2 -3 mg of vit C orally per day. Results from just 1 dermarolling session were amasing( you can see photo), now I am not sure, was it microswellling or not?

8-9 weeks post starting Dermarolling I noticed that scarred area started to get more depressed and widened. Initial improvement I had was vanishing. Sometimes I think that Tamanu oil has something to do with skin depression, cause my nasolabial fold on that side got prominent too ( Tamanu does dry my skin).

After 2 dermarolling session,in the beginning of April, I switched topical Tamanu oil for organic Aloe vera gel ( supposedly rich in vit C,A,E,B). To be honest, it did nothing for my scar.

I think pictures will tell more, you can judge yourselves. I am just sorry initial dermaroller result did not last, cause it looks so good on photo ( February ones).

I also would like to warn you guys, be careful with chemical peels. I hope my disaster will stop somebody from ruining their faces. Mine was ok, post acne scars were bearable, but look what I've done.

I booked to see Dermatologist in 2 weeks time, thinking of trying dermal fillers to plump that scarred area. Will see what doctor will suggest. I am not going for lasers, my skin does not need any more ablation ( glycolic peel 'ablated' all it could)

It's been 4 months now since I burned my skin with glycolic acid peel, I've had 3 DR ( dermaroller) sessions 4 weeks apart with lots of 'good' topicals and vit C. I was more or less hiding at home all this time, could't 'face the world' with the state my skin was in. My last picture, taken yesterday is quite disappointing, I still continue with topical Calendula oil, on and off Sandalwood paste, hoping something will work. I can't continue rolling, afraid it will cause more scarring. I hope that fillers will help now, thinking of Radiesse.

Photos are from mobile phone

25/04/2012; Hi all, just a quick update. SInce my post ( 4 days ago) I started applying Turmeric paste on the scar. I mix Turmeric powder with Calendula oil just to make a thick-creamy paste and apply it on the scar area, I keep it on during daytime and make a fresh paste to keep on the face overnight. Last 2 applications I added a bit of Sandalwood powder. Skin over the scar area plumped up a llittle, it is not as saggy as it was. I am afraid to say to early that scar is healing ( dont want to jinx it) but you can see yourselves from the pic. Turmeric and Sandalwood have some effect on the skin, I regret not trying it before. I'll keep post updated

30/04/12 Attached new photo post 9 days of Turmeric and Sandalwood paste. Dermarolling and Tamanu oil was a mistake. Should have started this paste months ago.

post-175162-0-21070700-1335023168_thumb.

post-175162-0-25735900-1335023198_thumb.

post-175162-0-69746100-1335023221_thumb.

post-175162-0-88650400-1335023316_thumb.

post-175162-0-12149200-1335023406_thumb.

post-175162-0-18552200-1335023444_thumb.

post-175162-0-49334700-1335342643_thumb.

post-175162-0-72644800-1335779040_thumb.

post-175162-0-21070700-1335023168_thumb.

post-175162-0-25735900-1335023198_thumb.

post-175162-0-69746100-1335023221_thumb.

post-175162-0-88650400-1335023316_thumb.

post-175162-0-12149200-1335023406_thumb.

post-175162-0-18552200-1335023444_thumb.

post-175162-0-49334700-1335342643_thumb.

post-175162-0-72644800-1335779040_thumb.

Hello everybody! I'm new to this forum, although was reading posts for a couple of months. I want to share my Dermaroller experience, see what you think . I have quite mixed feelings about it, although at the beginning results were impressive. May be I've done smth wrong, not sure.

I have few scattered scars left post acne, mostly on my cheeks, worse on the left side. They are rolling and box scars. They were not so bad, until last December when I decided to use 30% Glycolic acid peel, which I did use couple of times before with absolutely no results. This time, I made a huge mistake and put a double coat of acid for 10 min which left a hyper pigmented area on my lower left cheek.

I was applying topical vit E, code liver oil, honey to get rid of that dark spot ( apox 3 by 3 cm). What I though was just a hyperpigmentation however, left quite a huge scar. I've never had anything like that before. Calling it chemical burn scar would be more appropriate. You will see it on the pic.

6 weeks post that glycolic peel, I started dermarolling ( 1.5 mm, 4 weekly). Topicals I used: Tamanu Oil ( supposedly is good to heal scars), Calendula Oil, plus 2 -3 mg of vit C orally per day. Results from just 1 dermarolling session were amasing( you can see photo), now I am not sure, was it microswellling or not?

8-9 weeks post starting Dermarolling I noticed that scarred area started to get more depressed and widened. Initial improvement I had was vanishing. Sometimes I think that Tamanu oil has something to do with skin depression, cause my nasolabial fold on that side got prominent too ( Tamanu does dry my skin).

After 2 dermarolling session,in the beginning of April, I switched topical Tamanu oil for organic Aloe vera gel ( supposedly rich in vit C,A,E,B). To be honest, it did nothing for my scar.

I think pictures will tell more, you can judge yourselves. I am just sorry initial dermaroller result did not last, cause it looks so good on photo ( February ones).

I also would like to warn you guys, be careful with chemical peels. I hope my disaster will stop somebody from ruining their faces. Mine was ok, post acne scars were bearable, but look what I've done.

I booked to see Dermatologist in 2 weeks time, thinking of trying dermal fillers to plump that scarred area. Will see what doctor will suggest. I am not going for lasers, my skin does not need any more ablation ( glycolic peel 'ablated' all it could)

It's been 4 months now since I burned my skin with glycolic acid peel, I've had 3 DR ( dermaroller) sessions 4 weeks apart with lots of 'good' topicals and vit C. I was more or less hiding at home all this time, could't 'face the world' with the state my skin was in. My last picture, taken yesterday is quite disappointing, I still continue with topical Calendula oil, on and off Sandalwood paste, hoping something will work. I can't continue rolling, afraid it will cause more scarring. I hope that fillers will help now, thinking of Radiesse.

Photos are from mobile phone

I'm similar to you, I also had a chemical peel that damaged my face quite badly, and dermaroller (8 treatments) has made no difference.

I'm now also looking for fillers, but I'd rather have something permanent. I and imgaine most people can't afford to pay £300-500 every 6 months or so, on an ongoing basis. I'm looking at fat injections at present, as there are no chemicals involved (it's your own fat) and the results are permanent.

I'm curious if you have seen any improvement now, after a few months? I just had my first rolling treatment, i didn't have those amazing "after" shots from micro swelling. I'm trying to determine how much success can be assumed from a dermaroll.... do you see the greatest improvement 2 months later? or immediately after? I understand collagen stimulation takes time. Has anyone found that they didn't look so great after rolling, but saw results later?

I am really sorry this happened to you. I've made mistakes in my treatment journey as well. Have you seen any improvement since your last update?

I don't understand! I looks like the dermaroll (was it in a doctor's office?) improved things for you. Why was Tamanu oil a mistake?