Photo

Quick Question Before I Run Out The Door!

break out tanning product vitamin a vitamin e riboflavin magnesium

1 reply to this topic

#1 Connor Cliche

Connor Cliche

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Graphic Designer. Student. Life Enthusiast.

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

So I'm sunless tanning... aka tanning bed (for prom!) and although I know you guys don't condone to that type of thing, I'm wondering if I put the tanning lotion on my face (it's a tanning bed lotion "accelerator" - it basically moisturizes your face and preps your skin for the tanning session). And before I get into everything, I've found that tanning sessions (be it in the bed or outdoors) help keep my skin even more clear than they would originally be. I have a list of the ingredients here:

The product is called Hawaiian Tropic Tan2 Max Indoor Tanning Lotion/Accelerator

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod2042619

Purified Water, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Vera Gel, Riboflavin, Acetyl Tyrosine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Cetyl Alcohol, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Phospholipids, Cocoa Butter, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, PEG-75 Lanolin, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Extracts of Plumeria, Mango, Guava, Papaya, Passion Fruit, Taro, and Kukui.

I am basically 95% clear ever since being on the regimen for the past three years - give or take a few months - and I don't want to ruin my 'clear streak' over a stupid mistake! My friend said she didn't break out when she used her own tanning lotion in the bed, but I'm just wondering if there's anything you guys could forewarn me with (if there is anything to warn me with this stuff!)

Thanks Acne.org! You guys're the best!
Connor

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hi - sorry I don't know much about tanning lotion / accelerators or tanning beds... but I just wanted to put it out there that tanning (in the sun or using tanning beds) is very risky and can lead to cancer (skin cancer / melanoma).
Even if you say it has helped your acne (I don't know anything about that - It's something I'll have to research out of curiosity now) is it really worth increasing your chance of cancer? (cancer being life threatening and while acne is not - even though it is horrible to deal with)

Have you considered using a fake tan lotion? You could do some research and find one that is non-comedogenic, oil free etc. I'm sure there'd be one like that out there.

If you haven't seen this list on acne.org yet it may be of some help. http://www.acne.org/...genic-list.html

Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Good luck with everything (and have fun at prom) :)

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users