2 replies to this topic

#1 rattikait

rattikait

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi,

I am 19 and get the odd cyst that can last weeks. I never have more than 2, and only ever on my chin. I am not sure if they are cystic or nodular as sometimes they are puss filled, but other times they are not. Other than this, my skin is clear. I was on Diane-35 for 3 years until it started to make me sick, but it kept my skin clear the entire time. It has been over 7 months since I quit taking it, and am considering going on it again. I have recently gotten into modeling which requires clear skin, and have already lost out on a 3 month contract to China because of it. However, at the same time I am wary of using Diane-35, or any acne treatment, long term. If my acne were hormonal, would I get it in other places than my chin? The reason I ask is because I frequently catch myself touching my chin. I don't drink nearly enough water, and my diet is not so great (lol). I would love to find a natural way to curb my very mild problem, but at the same time I need something I can depend on as I will (hopefully) be in Italy or Greece by June (luckily my skin was clear when they asked for head shots lol...). Do you think going back on Diane-35 is worth it? What other options are there?

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

If Diane-35 kept you clear, it is a hormonal problem. The only way you are going to control hormonal acne is through birth control, spironolactone, or just the right amount of natural supplements. If you want to go the natural route, start out with 10,000 IU Vitamin D-3 and 400 IU Vitamin E a day. Softgel form.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 rattikait

rattikait

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

If Diane-35 kept you clear, it is a hormonal problem. The only way you are going to control hormonal acne is through birth control, spironolactone, or just the right amount of natural supplements. If you want to go the natural route, start out with 10,000 IU Vitamin D-3 and 400 IU Vitamin E a day. Softgel form.

Well, I guess I'll try Diane again and see how it goes. I've been off of any type of birth control for quite a while now so maybe my system has had enough rest to tolerate it again. I'm on antibiotics right now and they keep my skin clear if I stay on them, but if i miss a few days some acne pops up again, bleargh. Plus I hate hate /hate/ the idea of long term antibiotics.

Thanks!

edit: and if that doesn't work I'll go the vitamin route. + I'm starting to cut out a lot of dairy as I'm intolerant to it anyways and already take supplements.

Edited by rattikait, 12 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users