Photo

I'm Not Sure If These Are Scars Or Red Marks? (Pic)

red marks red mark hyperpigmentation

2 replies to this topic

#1 kesey94

kesey94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I"ve has acne since I was in elementry school and it has gotten better and then worse over time...recently it was really really bad, but I've started solodine, duac, and ziana and things are a little better. But I'm not sure if i have scars or red marks...either way I would like to lighten them, and if possible, get rid of them as much as I can. Home remedies? Or any other advice?

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo on 4-16-12 at 8.27 PM #2.jpg
  • Photo on 4-16-12 at 8.28 PM #3.jpg

#2 asburypark101

asburypark101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

It's hard to tell, but it looks like they are just red marks. Some tell tale signs of acne scars are usually when the skin is rough, raised, indented, or appears to have small holes (ice-pick scars). Red marks are typically flat with no skin texture issues, except for color.

#3 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I agree, its post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
My log might be helpful for you,check it out!! Posted Imagehttp://www.acne.org/...stic-pics-incl/

-I controlled my acne after cutting off whey protein, after 4 months it came back.
-Then i tried an strict paleo diet, it worked. But the ocassional few pimples didnt let my PIH fade
-I wasnt happy with my routine, coudnt drink with my friends, eat different food and the worst: i was loosing confidence
-When my PIH was fading, i broke out, because i tried vitamin C to end with the ocassional pimples, which might cause stomach irritation=break out
- I wasnt happy because of my diet, just broke out, and i started accutane asap.

- Currently, im taking accutane even thought my acne is mild, but with persistant PIH, just few weeks left, no more pimples anymore.

"If i had a wish, i woudnt ask for flawless skin, I'd ask for the maxium of confidence"
Poeple think they are going to be happy and confident if they get rid of their acne...well..they are totally wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users