Photo

Acne Sufferers - Here Is The Solution To All Your Problems!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 parthchavo

parthchavo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Hey guys. I am 17 years old and have been suffering from acne for quiet some time now. Over the years, I have tried almost everything I read in different websites and heard from doctors. Finally, afters year of experimentation and suffering I have discovered a regimen that has completely cleared my face. I started Dan's regimen about a year ago but i wasn't quite satisfied with it. I still got occasional pimples once in a while. The thing that bugged me the most was that I had become a BP monster. I had to take it everywhere, apply it everyday and felt kinda being controlled by my acne. The fact that such a strong chemical was always resting on my face was quite disturbing. So I decided to keep changing my regimen until I found something completely satisfying. Here is what I have finally come up with.

-> Morning (after taking a bath) -
- If you feel your skin is oily, wash your face with a moisturizing face wash (not an acne one, I use Garnier Orange Extract). If you feel your skin is dry after the bath, do not fash your face again.
- Apply a water based moisturizer only if you feel your skin is very dry, or if its the winter season. If you have any active pimples, spot treat with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicyclic Acid.

-> After coming back from school/college (afternoon) -
- Wash your face with an acne face wash (like Neutrogena or Clean and Clear). Do not apply any over the counter medicines.

-> At Night (just before sleeping) -
- Wash your face with an acne face wash (same as above).
- Apply 2.5% BP on your entire face (do not apply it on places you don't break out, I don't apply it on my forehead).
- Moisturize with a water based moisturizer (I use the one by Clean and Clear) after 10 minutes.
- If you have any active pimples, spot treat with medicines which are compatible with BP like Nadifloxacin or Clindamycin Phosphate. DO NOT USE SALICYCLIC ACID OR RETIN-A.

I have been using this regimen for about 6 months now and my face has completely cleared up. Now I only apply BP on alternate days, and have been having no problems at all. I will start again if I feel I am breaking out. For the post acne marks, I have started applying Retin-A at night when I don't apply BP, and it has already faded lots of them. Do not let the medications control your lives people, its fine to stop if you feel the problem has subsided.

Some suggestions-

- Use different face washes for summers and winters. A milder one for winters.

- Don't panic if you forget or are not able to follow the regimen for a day or two, nothing is going to happen.

- Use face scrub once a week (I use it on sundays). I substitute it with the face wash at night, and then apply BP. (face scrubs can cause microscopic cuts on your skin, applying BP afterwards will kill the bacteria since they can infect these cuts). If you break out after scrubbing, stop doing it.

Hope this regimen helps all of you, thread is open for questions :)

Edited by parthchavo, 20 May 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#2 rumplesilkskin

rumplesilkskin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

i would definatly never dream of using dove on my face - ever

#3 parthchavo

parthchavo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

You can use any face wash which says soothing or moisturizing on it. And if your skin is too oily, go ahead and use the acne one again.

#4 NadiaAdel

NadiaAdel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

My main issue with this is those liquid soaps contrain sulfate in them which can cause dry irritated skin in the majority of people. In general liquid soaps are worse to use because any body products containing water need some kind of preserver. Even if natural the preserver can irriated and dry skin. Soooo you should use a bar soap, and nothing from the store since those leave a coat of soap scum on your skin. Last year I stumpled upon a nature store online that has this dead sea mud soap called kelp help, it actually cleared my skin up within a few days. I figured it was because I stopped applying chemicals to my face. And for spot treatments I use this blend of essential oils that also works wonders. It never hurts to try something new, and the bar soap is cheaper and you don't have to worry about plastic bottles :D
I prefer natural products and home remedies:

Daily Routine:
1.Exfoliate with uncoated aspirin and honey
2.Cleanse with Kelp Help bar soap (nakedbodyandbath.com)
Pat face dry
3.Apply A Tone So Cool Toner w/ acne blend (nakedbodyandbath.com)
Allow to air dry
4.Apply small amount of Tea Time moisturizer w/ acne blend (nakedbodyandbath.com)

Problem areas:
Apply Tea Tree Oil

Biweekly:
Dead Sea Mud mask w/ acne blend (nakedbodyandbath.com)

Diet:
Pescatarian 8+ years
Tea advocate
Junk food junkie unfortunately

AND I have clear skin.
I've never felt so confident about my skin.

#5 parthchavo

parthchavo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

I am not so sure about the bar soap thing, I used to wash my face with bar soaps when I was a kid, and I didn't have acne then so I have no idea how they affect it. I have heard that bar soaps dry your skin a lot though.

#6 Jacob Black

Jacob Black

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

There is no such thing as a cure-all when it comes to acne. Just because it works for YOU doesn't mean it'll work for everyone.

And nothing you say will change this fact.

For starters, I wouldn't dream of washing my face 3 times a day. That's almost guaranteed to irritate my skin. So, yea.

#7 parthchavo

parthchavo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Dan's regimen works almost for everyone! But it makes your skin dry and irritated and very sensitive to sunlight. This regimen will not dry your skin if you do exactly as I have stated, try it. And I agree it won't work for everyone, nothing can actually. I just posted this because I know how much people are tormented by acne and I thought this could help some of them.

#8 Rheks

Rheks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

This looks like such a harsh regimen, especially since you are washing 3 times a day, as well as using BP, how isn't your skin not compeltely dry?
I have found I just cant use BP anymore, it dries my skin out way too much. I think my problem is that I have messed around my skin way too much for the last 2 years, and never kept to a regimen that is gentle.

#9 parthchavo

parthchavo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

In Dan's regimen, your face is covered in BP 24 hours, which is the main cause of dryness. I experienced dryness from Dan's regimen and not from this regimen. <b> If you feel your skin has become very dry from this regimen, don't wash your face in the morning. </b> I don't see any point in washing your face with a strong acne face wash like Dan does in the morning because at night your face does not get exposed to anything. Washing your face should be the most important when you come back from skool or college in the afternoon, when your face is covered in sweat, dirt and oils.