Photo

Letting Acne Go Away Naturally And With Time?

benzoyl peroxide

6 replies to this topic

#1 Erhu

Erhu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I know it sounds crazy, especially here, but has anyone ever let acne just run its course and not put products on your skin? I've stopped using anything on my face and my skin feels a lot better and cleared up; less inflamed as opposed to when I was on Benzoyl Peroxide 8%.

I mean think about it. I asked my grandfather (in his 80s) and he said back then no one had acne. I think it's because they just ate and lived healthy and let the body take care of things on its own instead of putting chemicals on their face.

Maybe some of you should try it as well! It's working for me!

Edited by Erhu, 13 April 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#2 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Maybe some people don't want a faceful of acne scars that they will carry for the rest of their lives.

My two uncles took your advice and 'did nothing'. Guess what their faces look like?

#3 Avenger

Avenger

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Here's some things I dug up, check them out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HDHa95kKkTk

http://www.acne.org/...ly-do-anything/ - Some of the comments are spot on.

Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and you should take care of it. If you have an open wound - would you do nothing? That might be extreme comparing Acne with an open wound but the same principles still apply.

#4 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sports, going to the gym, comedy, the beach, and to have skin as smooth as a baby`s butt

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

If BP was irritating your skin, then maybe you should find a mosterizer that works for you (I'd suggest oil free). Or maybe try a product that is less harsh on your skin. I have to agree doing nothing won't help. Some products have made my skin worse, but others have definitely helped a lot! Also, I'd definitely recommend eating healthy, it really makes the difference for some people.

#5 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I've been doing this! I stopped using BP 3 months ago (I was clear!) then I remained clear for a month and started to break out. I saw that this happened to a lot of people, but then they cleared up and never got acne anymore. I am patient and I hope it happens to me. I am treating my skin naturally. I don't apply anything on skin at all.. I just wash with coconut oil once a day and in the morning, I wash with dr. bronner soap (after work) 'cause I work at a warehouse so I need soap ;\
I am giving my skin another month and if I keep breaking out.. back to Bp.

Here's some things I dug up, check them out.

http://www.acne.org/...ly-do-anything/ - Some of the comments are spot on.

Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and you should take care of it. If you have an open wound - would you do nothing? That might be extreme comparing Acne with an open wound but the same principles still apply.

Agreed.. Plant-based diet (lots of fruits and vegetables) is the best cure!! Depends what kind of acne.. they will chemicals ;\

Edited by EddieE, 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#6 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Acne is not a phase for a lot of people. It's something that can last a lifetime. Plus, acne leaves scars so it's best to get rid of it before it nukes up your whole face. You can end up like me and look like you got bashed in the head with a bat 100 times.

#7 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

People used to get a LOT more sun exposure and therefore vitamin D. Moderate sun exposure will give you around 20,000 IU of Vitamin D-3 a day, which is way more than is in most multivitamins. This is probably why your grandfather reports that no one had acne.

Article on it: http://lighttherapyo...min-d-and-acne/

Quote from article:

"Dear Dr. Cannell:
My teenage son has type 2 diabetes. I started him on 5,000 IU of vitamin D a day about 6 months ago. Three things have happened so far, he started losing weight, his blood sugars improved, and his acne went away. I know you have written about diabetes and weight loss with vitamin D but I can’t remember anything about acne?
Mary, North Dakota

Dear Mary:
I have had some reports that vitamin D cured acne but frankly, I didn’t believe them. Then I ran across this 1938 paper. You can read the entire paper yourself and see what 5,000 to 14,000 IU per day did for these patients with severe acne. When I was a kid, I always wondered why my pimples got better in the summer and worse in the winter."

Edited by Green Gables, 03 May 2012 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users