Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From Doxycycline To Accutane

4 posts in this topic

For the past three days, I've been taking doxycycline two times a day, as prescribed by my dermatologist. He prescribed this, as well as a sulfur topical treatment, until I start Accutane in one month. I have very mild/moderate acne, so my skin is pretty clear right now. (I guess the doxy and/or sulfur works quick!)

However, I've been reading the posts on here where people have said they had terrible breakouts after they stopped taking doxy. Had I seen these posts before, I never would have swallowed that first pill. eusa_doh.gif

Should I stop taking the doxy now or taper myself off before I start taking Accutane next month? Or would it be fine to stop doxy and jump right into the Accutane?

Hey! If doxy + sulfur is able to get your skin pretty clear, I don't think you should give Accutane to your body.

Can you think about posting a picture of your skin?

Hmm, that is a bit of a tough one. I would suggest tapering off the dosage before starting the Accutane, but to be honest, your skin will probably have an initial purging within the first month or two of Accutane anyways, so do whichever you feel comfortable in.

It is also best to keep in mind that each person has a unique, individual experience with every product, so while it is good to read up on experiences, don't assume the worst. I personally was on doxy for 18 months (I didn't have the best derm to put it lightly) and when I gradually tapered my dosage and took probiotics, I hardly had a breakout going off of it.

Hey! If doxy + sulfur is able to get your skin pretty clear, I don't think you should give Accutane to your body.

Can you think about posting a picture of your skin?