Photo

Idea To Cure Acne?

acne natural cure looking help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

So, I've tried antibiotics, BP, tea tree, oil, some vitamins... nothing is working. I don't want to take accutane. Ideas to clear me skin??

Attached File  IMG_0564.JPG   2.02MB   27 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0565.JPG   2.23MB   29 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0566.JPG   2.22MB   24 downloads

Edited by nick93, 13 April 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#2 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I'm sort of in the same boat - I feel like I've tried everything. I don't want to go back on antibiotics and I don't think my acne would warrant accutane (which I wouldn't want to take either)
I've realised the only thing I haven't really changed in 6 or 7 years dealing with acne is my diet - so that's what I'm looking into - finding foods to eat or avoid, basically finding a eating plan that will help my skin. I'm still researching it all but 'diet' is my next thing to try out. Maybe that's something you could try? You can read more about it in the nutrition/ holistic section of the message boards.

Good luck :)

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#3 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Lilly! I already eat really, really healthy. No junk food, no pop, no fast food, no dairy. I'm going to get blood tests a few weeks, but to be honest, I kind of doubt that I'm allergic to anything.

#4 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

no dairy and no masturbation, try without them for 1 month and the results are awesome

#5 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

I should have included some more things aha. I haven't masturbated in like a week, and I'm going to keep doing that. Also, yeah, cut out the dairy. Maybe I should go for a cleanse? or something? I'm not sure, hopefully I can speak with a few professionals in a couple weeks after exams are done, but to be honest, I don't have that much faith in them. They don't really listen to me, and they always want to start at square 1, even with my acne, its pretty retarded aha.

#6 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Here's what I think. Stick with whatever treatment you derm prescribes. Do it faithfully. Take pics as you go along to show your derm how your skin is behaving. By doing this your derm will be able to modify your regime for your particular skin. It takes time...lots of time to get a treatment regime perfected that works. Sometimes it takes using multiple products (see my regime below) to finally get acne controlled. Don't be put off when your derm wants to start over at square one with treatments you have tried before. Every year you are getting older and your skin and hormones are changing...so treatments that may have not worked before might work now. I have personally experienced this.

Don't get side tracked by what is working for other people. Everyone's skin is different. You have moderate acne and it looks like it has been resistant. Try to see a derm that is the best one in your area. These derms know more about treating resistant cases of acne. Some derms just want the easy cases...that's fine but you need one who will stick with you until you get a combination of meds that works. And you have to stick with it too. I think this is the biggest mistake younger people make...if whatever they're doing doesn't clear things up in a month they think it isn't working. I was like that. Here's the truth...for resistant cases it can take months and months to make a difference. Yes. Research has shown this over and over. So you have to stick with it. That said, a good derm will modify things as you go along and maybe add meds to help.

You will also want to avoid all dairy products. There is tons of research that says dairy is not good for acne prone people. Why? because the hormones that are natural in milk cause inflammation in acne prone skin. Also avoid sugary foods and junk foods that can spike insulin levels. This too causes inflammation.

Hope this helps!

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#7 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Here's what I think. Stick with whatever treatment you derm prescribes. Do it faithfully. Take pics as you go along to show your derm how your skin is behaving. By doing this your derm will be able to modify your regime for your particular skin. It takes time...lots of time to get a treatment regime perfected that works. Sometimes it takes using multiple products (see my regime below) to finally get acne controlled. Don't be put off when your derm wants to start over at square one with treatments you have tried before. Every year you are getting older and your skin and hormones are changing...so treatments that may have not worked before might work now. I have personally experienced this.

Don't get side tracked by what is working for other people. Everyone's skin is different. You have moderate acne and it looks like it has been resistant. Try to see a derm that is the best one in your area. These derms know more about treating resistant cases of acne. Some derms just want the easy cases...that's fine but you need one who will stick with you until you get a combination of meds that works. And you have to stick with it too. I think this is the biggest mistake younger people make...if whatever they're doing doesn't clear things up in a month they think it isn't working. I was like that. Here's the truth...for resistant cases it can take months and months to make a difference. Yes. Research has shown this over and over. So you have to stick with it. That said, a good derm will modify things as you go along and maybe add meds to help.

You will also want to avoid all dairy products. There is tons of research that says dairy is not good for acne prone people. Why? because the hormones that are natural in milk cause inflammation in acne prone skin. Also avoid sugary foods and junk foods that can spike insulin levels. This too causes inflammation.

Hope this helps!

Very helpful post. I'll try to be more patient, I think that's one of my bigger problems at this point. After four years of this and trying product after product, using them for a few months at a time before trying new ones, I really want a quick fix aha. I'd like to see some improvement in the first week, and then just wait it out until my acne is gone. I really doubt that is going to happen though aha. Thanks for the advice.

#8 Akaao

Akaao

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

hey do you apply any hair product???hair products cause loads of acne...my face was also filled with acne but since i stopped using hair products acne has decreased a lot...i guess u have pus filled acne u can try this simple home made tips this works try it
TIP FOR ACNE WITH PUS:

Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, pinch haldi, 2 or 3 drops glycerine. Mix n apply twice a day. Use salicylic acid bar (soap) to wash ur face.

#9 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Accutane is the only thing that worked 100% for me.

YMMV.

#10 Czarny

Czarny

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

I have just registered to this forum and this is my first reply and I would like to apologize that I am going to be straight about what I ma thinking about it. My story of acne is very long since I was really young form two times accutane intake to everything else like. vit B5,Omega3, threelac, anticandida diet etc. From my experience the only thing that cleared my in 99% was cleanse with enemas and starving my self I do not remember but it was about 10days on it I was just eaten apples. After it I used to be on strict diet similar to the one that brendon or somebody like that posted on this forum and I was really clear. I took supplements as well and it helped, but it was impossible to live like this, as far as I got good effects I started sometimes to drink a beer etc. as you want to be social it is normal thing so the pimples came back very fast. There is to much to write about it but, basically after long time I have finished fasting I was really in bad skin condition again especialy when I came back from Portugal from my holiday and I was drinking and getting to much sun that afterwards when I came back I went straight again on accutane I did not have to much strength to go on diet so I was looking for easy fix like magic pill:). Now I know what was the reason of my acne (any kind of alcochol, weed, to many carbohydrates, high GI level food etc.) as I am sure that several acne sufferers mostly have got genetic skin disease . In my family nobody before got acne, buy my brother and I we were really bad sufferers of acne and I lost him by this shit it was really good looking guy and clever one but acne affects him so much the same as me so I undarstend most of the sufferers here. I am sure that it is not my fault of eating etc. but my genetic and the way we live is just protectin us from irritating our genetic to keep insulin in level. I finished accutane 12months course about 3 months ago, and it helped me on the beginning but not so good as profesional cleanse and it has got really many side efects and of course acne came back I do not recomend it to anybody to many side effects foggy brain, liver damage and all of others one. After the course, if you go to doctor they will tell you that you have not got liver damage, but you can feel it that something is wrong if you will eat something more difficult to digest and so on so on. I do not want to lie you my friend but we are in big sh.t. and I do not think there is solution for us and it can be only worse with the food we are eating, air polution and other factors which one can affect healthy person so what about us it is a killer for us:( CVD wrote before, that we should keep pushing on dermatologists to get effects, but personally I think that the way she live cleared her up like and spironolactone can help a little bit as I but not for us guys.
low fructose allergy diet - no wheat, dairy, sugars, alcohol, caffeine, etc.
zinc picolinate, l-glutamine, quercetin with bromelain, multi-vitamin, fish oil omega-3, citrical + D3, probiotic
walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily

Ok , my conclusion what can I advise you:

I got pimples on head as well and one thing is healing it up really great and overall it is good for acne drinking thyme about half of the glass three times per day it is really helping to destroy the bacterias that are in your acne.

Do plenty exercices and go to sauna to sweat, but you have to take ahower straight after it it is just to take the toxins out.

Niacin with flush one was very good as well for me, especially when I ate more carbohydrates.

Do not eat bread, drink alcochol, no drugs, in another words low Gi organic diet is the best like paleo one, I am not on it yet but I am going to be as I know that nothing else can help me and I can not live without clear skin I am thinking all the time about it so basically I have not go choice.

On your place I will go on fasting and afterwards healthy eating as just healthy eating is not going to help this is just from my experience.

Always use logic, if there are no effects from dermatologist help it means that it worthless, it can not be that somekind of gel is going to cure you, so if you will get pimple on your head what will you do, they will give you speciall shampoo that will not help or on your lips, or maybe butt trust me mostly they are just making money on us, as I met last time with one of the best one in my country and he told me that they can not fix acne as it is impossible so it means that they are making money on us especially most of them will tell you that accutane is clearing 90% of people, but please just read people comments I do not believe that it is 5% it depends what kind of acne people used to have. What will you do if you will finish university of medicine and go to work as a dermatologist and you will know that you can not help people you will be still doing it, as what are you going to do in your live maybe work at restaurant as a waitress instead of it:)

I am testing now new products as well so I will see if they can help I write it down, as I spent plenty of money on things like this in my live so do not do the same mistake as I like buying magic pills.

Sorry for my long post :) and English, but I am foreigner.

Take care about yourself.

#11 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

I used to use hair product all the time, but I haven't been lately. I used to use it when my hair was mid-length, and over my forehead, but now its really short. If the product doesn't touch my face do you think it will still cause acne?

Yeah, accutane can work miracles. I just don't want to try it at this time, maybe if my acne gets much worse. The possible side effects are pretty scary.

Thanks Czarny. There was some really great stuff in that post!!

hey do you apply any hair product???hair products cause loads of acne...my face was also filled with acne but since i stopped using hair products acne has decreased a lot...i guess u have pus filled acne u can try this simple home made tips this works try it
TIP FOR ACNE WITH PUS:
I used to use hair product all the time, but I haven't been lately. I used to use it when my hair was mid-length, and over my forehead, but now its really short. If the product doesn't touch my face do you think it will still cause acne?
Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, pinch haldi, 2 or 3 drops glycerine. Mix n apply twice a day. Use salicylic acid bar (soap) to wash ur face.

Yeah, accutane can work miracles. I just don't want to try it at this time, maybe if my acne gets much worse. The possible side effects are pretty scary.
YMMV.

Thanks Czarny. There was some really great stuff in that post!!

#12 Akaao

Akaao

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

u cannot stop hair products touching your face its impossible because when u sweat all sweat especially comming from your hair on which u have applied your hair product runs down onto your skin as hair products contain lots of oils they clog pores and causes break out dont even put any cream whether sun block or moisturizer on your face whether it must be non comodogenic....if u wanna apply moisturizer use johnson baby oil o your face!!!!!
try this method i hope ur acne will be fine...

#13 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

YMMV.

You haven't tried the natural approach then.
After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.
Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:
-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.
-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.
-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)
-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.
-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.
-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.
-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.

#14 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

You haven't tried the natural approach then.

Says who? I cut out all breads, pasta, wheat, dairy, and sugar for almost a year. It was a miserable failure.

Have you ever had severe cystic acne? Maybe this diet stuff works 100% for mild-moderate acne sufferers, but my acne is heavily genetic. All males in my family had severe acne well into their thirties, regardless of their eating habits. Accutane is a miracle that allows me to maintain a normal lifestyle without the burden or worry about what I am going to eat, or what's going to pop out of my face.

I'm very pleased with my choice to take the little red pill. Then again I've always been one to see how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Cheers!

#15 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

u cannot stop hair products touching your face its impossible because when u sweat all sweat especially comming from your hair on which u have applied your hair product runs down onto your skin as hair products contain lots of oils they clog pores and causes break out dont even put any cream whether sun block or moisturizer on your face whether it must be non comodogenic....if u wanna apply moisturizer use johnson baby oil o your face!!!!!
try this method i hope ur acne will be fine...

Thanks man. I haven't used hair products for a couple weeks, so I'll just keep off them and hopefully see some results!

Yeah, I think some people may not get cured from eating and living right. What works for one person might not work for another.

#16 Akaao

Akaao

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

ya i hope it works for you....definetly what works for one might not work for other..
and try use medicated soaps or post acne soaps that helps in clearing acne and will also fade down the pigmentation caused by acne....
i am also using one..

#17 trendycat

trendycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

As someone with nearly identical skin/acne, my only suggestion to you is accutane.

I used to be like you, thinking that accutane is a terrible drug. I convinved myself not to take it at age 17, and boy was it a mistake. I'm now left with hundreds of permanent scars. Only now at age 23 am I taking accutane to once and for all get rid of my acne. The ONLY noticeable side effects I have as a result are chapped lips. If you're worried about side effects you can ask your derm to put you on 40mg instead of 80mg.

I tried all sorts of creams, anti-biotics, and even changed up my diet for 3 months. While the diet calmed my acne down a bit, it didn't stop new pimples (and scars) from forming. Diet changes are usually good for people with mild/moderate acne, but what you have is extremely severe hormonal acne. You need a strong medication because what you have is on the severe side of this disease. Trust me on this, you need to get fixed before your skin starts scarring badly. Don't bother with diets because you'll just be let down and end up having more scars in the long run. Scars are very difficult to remove, and in most cases permanent. You may not notice them now as you're just seeing the acne, but trust me they are forming under each pimple.

Edited by trendycat, 17 April 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#18 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

As someone with nearly identical skin/acne, my only suggestion to you is accutane.

I used to be like you, thinking that accutane is a terrible drug. I convinved myself not to take it at age 17, and boy was it a mistake. I'm now left with hundreds of permanent scars. Only now at age 23 am I taking accutane to once and for all get rid of my acne. The ONLY noticeable side effects I have as a result are chapped lips. If you're worried about side effects you can ask your derm to put you on 40mg instead of 80mg.

I tried all sorts of creams, anti-biotics, and even changed up my diet for 3 months. While the diet calmed my acne down a bit, it didn't stop new pimples (and scars) from forming. Diet changes are usually good for people with mild/moderate acne, but what you have is extremely severe hormonal acne. You need a strong medication because what you have is on the severe side of this disease. Trust me on this, you need to get fixed before your skin starts scarring badly. Don't bother with diets because you'll just be let down and end up having more scars in the long run. Scars are very difficult to remove, and in most cases permanent. You may not notice them now as you're just seeing the acne, but trust me they are forming under each pimple.

Thanks. Taking accutane crosses my mind everyday. I just think dealing with internal organ damage would be much worse than have a scarred face. I plan on trying to clear it up during the summer. If my acne is still bad next September, I'll go and talk to my doctor about accutane.

Yeah, I know I have scarring. It sucks, after dealing with acne I think I deserve to have a clear face. Life isn't really fair aha

#19 trendycat

trendycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks. Taking accutane crosses my mind everyday. I just think dealing with internal organ damage would be much worse than have a scarred face. I plan on trying to clear it up during the summer. If my acne is still bad next September, I'll go and talk to my doctor about accutane.

Yeah, I know I have scarring. It sucks, after dealing with acne I think I deserve to have a clear face. Life isn't really fair aha

I went through exactly the same thoughts as you. But trust me, once you start trying to enter the dating scene, or just in general want to make friends/companions you notice that people actually treat you like some kind of outcast when you have visible acne/scars. The small probability that accutane will cause some kind of damage versus being treated as an outcast is a risk I'm willing to take. In general, if you stay healthy, drink lots of water, avoid alcohol etc. accutane is actually alright. I'm just letting you know right now that you have fierce hormonal acne that is tied to your genetics and trying to clear it up with a diet won't work. I've tried it.

#20 gia1

gia1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Just a thought but have you had your water tested. We had our water tested and the bacteria and ph was through the roof. We couldnt even boil the water and use it because they said it wasnt safe. I only wash my face with poland spring water. Hey ya never know.