accutane claravis eye dry

4 replies to this topic

#1 brinkelz

brinkelz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey everyone! So I've been on Accutane (Claravis) for a little over two weeks. I've already noticed a big difference, and my face doesn't produce hardly any oil. But my eyes have been very dry, and I'm wondering what the best type of eye drops are to use? I don't wear contacts, so that's not a problem. Any help would be great, thanks! Posted Image

#2 Peck

Peck

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Not getting acne.

Achievements

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

^yeah ditto the above comment. I'm 2 months in and my eyes have really started to dry up since I had my dosage upped to 60mg. Advice greatly appreciated.

#3 Ninergirl

Ninergirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:NFL,Kickboxing, MMA,

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

systane eye drops work wonders for me. You can buy it at a local drug store like Walgreens. They are for severely dry eyes. Im currently on my third round of accutane and am having dry eyes and its the only thing I have found that helps

#4 brinkelz

brinkelz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks, I'll have to try some! My eyes were dry even before Accutane but now there like insane, haha.

#5 Betty Lee

Betty Lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Shopping:)

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hey everyone! So I've been on Accutane (Claravis) for a little over two weeks. I've already noticed a big difference, and my face doesn't produce hardly any oil. But my eyes have been very dry, and I'm wondering what the best type of eye drops are to use? I don't wear contacts, so that's not a problem. Any help would be great, thanks! Posted Image

^yeah ditto the above comment. I'm 2 months in and my eyes have really started to dry up since I had my dosage upped to 60mg. Advice greatly appreciated.

Dunno if this is common knowledge, but the pharmacist told me that I should use liquid drops (the ones I use are called Refresh I think, they're pretty good) for mild dryness, but if it gets more severe I should be using gel drops. Apparently they coat the eye better and stick around for longer. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users