Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eye Irritation With Accutane

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! So I've been on Accutane (Claravis) for a little over two weeks. I've already noticed a big difference, and my face doesn't produce hardly any oil. But my eyes have been very dry, and I'm wondering what the best type of eye drops are to use? I don't wear contacts, so that's not a problem. Any help would be great, thanks! surprised.gif

^yeah ditto the above comment. I'm 2 months in and my eyes have really started to dry up since I had my dosage upped to 60mg. Advice greatly appreciated.

systane eye drops work wonders for me. You can buy it at a local drug store like Walgreens. They are for severely dry eyes. Im currently on my third round of accutane and am having dry eyes and its the only thing I have found that helps

Thanks, I'll have to try some! My eyes were dry even before Accutane but now there like insane, haha.

Hey everyone! So I've been on Accutane (Claravis) for a little over two weeks. I've already noticed a big difference, and my face doesn't produce hardly any oil. But my eyes have been very dry, and I'm wondering what the best type of eye drops are to use? I don't wear contacts, so that's not a problem. Any help would be great, thanks! surprised.gif

^yeah ditto the above comment. I'm 2 months in and my eyes have really started to dry up since I had my dosage upped to 60mg. Advice greatly appreciated.

Dunno if this is common knowledge, but the pharmacist told me that I should use liquid drops (the ones I use are called Refresh I think, they're pretty good) for mild dryness, but if it gets more severe I should be using gel drops. Apparently they coat the eye better and stick around for longer. :)