5 replies to this topic

#1 Lily26

Lily26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi All,
I have been on the regimen for about a month this time around, I used the regimen for a while about 5 years or so ago, I can't remember why I stopped (I think because it was just too much hassle and my skin wasn't that bad at that point).

My skin is super dry, tight, kind of sore, wrinkles look way more pronounced (I am 31) and I am still breaking out :( I am using probably 1/2 the full amount of BP morning and night, 1 full pump of moisturizer (even 1 pump takes forever to absorb for me, in truth it kind of never absorbs and I still look greasy afterwards), and have dabbled in using jojoba.

My skin is very dry and tight and kind of uncomfortable, and the flakes are pretty noticeable and make me feel super self conscious. I wouldn't mind the flaking so much, but I am still breaking out, both big gross whiteheads and deep cysts on my cheeks, both of which are at least as bad as they were before starting out. My forehead has cleared though, which is one thing at least, and my chin and around my mouth are better I think.

I am feeling really disheartened, I don't remember the flaking/dryness/discomfort as much last time, and I am sure my skin cleared faster, although maybe I have forgotten. Last time around Dan's moisturizer had not come out, I can't remember what I was using but maybe that made a difference?

The way my wrinkles around my eyes are look so much worse due to the dryness is really depressing, they were barely noticeable before, and now due to the dryness they are super bad, which I feel makes me look really old :(

The dryness and flaking are much better if I use jojoba oil, but if I do I feel like I get a couple of big cysts the next day, although as I am still breaking out anyway it could just be coincidence.

I feel like giving up, what should I do?
Thanks,
Lily

#2 Macqwerty

Macqwerty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

I would try lowering your dosage of BP.

Try using the BP at nights only until your skin starts to balance out.

Don't be disheartened. My face is like a desert, it is so sore, dry, red, flakey, I know how you feel.

Try also using a intensive moisturiser. I use cetaphill intensive. It is non-comedogenic so it will not clog your pores. (won't make you break out)

good luck :)

#3 Lily26

Lily26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the reply :) I think I will stick with the same dosage of BP for now, as the dryness is getting better and I want to try to get clear, don't want to go backwards at this point. I may try the cetaphil intensive moisturizer, I have heard good things about it.

Does anyone else feel like Jojoba breaks them out?

#4 Angelmichu

Angelmichu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

I've actually found that jojoba oil is the only thing that returns my skins back to normal after it gets seriously flaky. However, my husband's long time esthetician(sp?) gave me pure
squalane oil which also helps control dryness. I use it interchangeably because i have a lot of it and jojoba oil is rare and expensive where I live. However, I find that jojoba oil works better for me.

Maybe you should try the squalane oil and see if that breaks you out.

Also, there's a sticky somewhere in this forum of some1 that changed a few steps around. Instead of doing facewash -> BP -> jojoba oil -> moisturizer she did facewash -> jojoba oil -> bp -> moisturizer and that seemed to help her flakyness. I did it as well and that really works best for me. Applying the bp directly on my face seems to immediately irritate it badly causing serious flakyness. She also suggests doing jojoba oil face massages before the face wash every morning, with circular preassure in order to remove and reduce flakyness... Try doing that as well and see if it works for u.

Here's the link of the forum post: http://www.acne.org/...ess-or-flaking/

Edited by Angelmichu, 13 April 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#5 Lily26

Lily26

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

I have a feeling that massaging my skin for a prolonged period of time with jojoba would be a bad idea, lol. I do have an apricot oil cleanser I do that with, which helps with flaking, and washes clean so doesn't clog my pores. My skin has actually been a lot better lately with respect to flakes, probably because I have been at home with my kids over school holidays, so haven't been wearing much makeup (which doesn't really affect pimples, but as I use a powder mineral makeup it does make my skin feel a little drier).
Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully my less-dry skin will persist after the kids are back at school and I am wearing makeup more often, as I so don't want to give my mineral makeup up!

#6 clearbyjune30

clearbyjune30

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

I was in your situation about 2 weeks ago!! Teriible dryness and flaking and it seemed like the jojoba oil casued me more breakouts!
I dropped my BP doasge a tiny bit and it really helped. Plus I highly recommend Cetaphin Moisterizer :)
Now my skin is less dry and I was even able to up my BP to a full finger length.
Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users