Photo

I'm Working On A New Treatment

probiotics probiotic aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 windnbreeze

windnbreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I test stuff for a living and I decided to take my acne problem into my own hands. Below is a correspondence I'm having with a dermatologist. I'm not sure if anyone is interested but I'll use this forum to let you know about progress with this experiment. If I proceed, I'll be posting photos and graphs. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Dr.,

I've developed a new risky acne therapy. I would like for you to evaluate the ingredients and check for contraindications or promotion of a bacterial infection. The basis of this treatment is based on the following study: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17039652 The treatment has 4 phases:

1. Peel: 20% Salycylic Acid

2. Absorption: Bentonite Clay mask is used to absorb and surface dead skins cells, excess sebum and acne promoting bacteria. See related study: http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/6219137

3. Disenfection: Manukla Honey Mask. I've had a chronic acne infection under my nose. I suspect some variant of staph might be involved. 5 dermatologists have refused to biopsy. I've had this infection/area of breakouts for three years. Among other benefits, manuka honey can kill MRSA. Here is the most relevant study: http://onlinelibrary...4993.x/abstract

4. Colonization: This mask will consist of Streptococcus salivarius and 12 other variants that will proliferate on the surface on my skin and exclude p. acnes and other staphs from forming.

Note on sebum production: I've managed to reduce my sebum through diet and the hormonal changes of age. Diet changes (omega ratios in check, antioxidants, low GI) has caused my sebutape (http://www.cuderm.co...ebutape_rd2.php) readings to go from 4 to 2. Click link for visual aid on sebutape readings:

https://store03.pros...864a0abc1_l.jpg

I hope that you understand that the current route of antibiotics is not sustainable. I've always respond well to antibiotic at first. Then they get so much stronger. All I'm asking a clear evidence that there will be an infection or averse reaction. Not a hunch. If you cannot give evidence, I assume the risk and take full responsibility.

Optional Information:
Person's Age: 30

Already Tried:
Everything: Accutane, metrogel, Retin A, Benzoyl Peroxide and tons of antibiotics

Posted Image
Your Expert needs more information

From Dr.Sasi Attili

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:19 PMEST

Hi. I will do my best to advice. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor
Hi, I can answer your query but would require some time, is that all right with you? If not then you are free to relist the question which can be attempted by another dermatologist. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Do let me know.

You replied

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:34 PMEST

Yes that would be great. Here is the list of products for your convenience:

1.AHA: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PLUZL8/ref=oh_o01_s00_i05_details

2.Bentonite Clay : www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014P8L9W/ref=oh_o01_s02_i02_details

3.Manuka Honey: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DBC8K0/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

4. Probiotics: www.probiotic-lab.com/cysticacnetreatment16/ingredients46.html.

The website is unprofessional but its the only topical probiotic product that had supporting anecdotal evidence.

http://www.acne.org/...ab-bacteriocin/

Posted Image

Your Expert needs more information

From Dr.Sasi Attili

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:44 PMEST
Thank you..I will get back to you at my earliest.

Edited by windnbreeze, 11 April 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#2 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Topical treatments aren't very that effective though, or atleast they are temporary.

#3 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Indeed, topical is only temporary.

I have already tried all of these at different times, they do help a little. I think it's very possible that they will work really well together, but as we said, only temporary.

#4 someonefromabove

someonefromabove

straight ahead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Topical treatments aren't very that effective though, or atleast they are temporary.

I researched demodex and finally ended the senseless struggle. Topical. Never had a problem with skin again.

Edited by someonefromabove, 12 April 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#5 windnbreeze

windnbreeze

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well my hope is that the 12 bacterial variants proliferate down to the level of the papilla and exclude acne causing bacteria from forming. Its a change in the chemistry of my skin. My problem is not excess sebum but weak immune to fight infection.

If the bacteria proliferate the switch has been flipped. If the blood vessel and maybe even some sebum provides nutrients to thrive, they will exclude p. acnes and other lesion forming bacteria. My hope is that its self-regulating after that.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

Edited by windnbreeze, 12 April 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#6 holisticnutritionistcat

holisticnutritionistcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi!
Fist off i want to say your treatment sounds amazing. It sounds like you are covering all avenues for clearing your acne topically. I just wanted an update to see how it was going. Recently i have become intrigued by the use of topical probiotics for acne treatment. I just seems to make so much sense to me. After reading this post last week I tried to order some from the company. Yesterday I received an email from them saying they were out of stock, yet on the website they still had them for sale, only 10 dollars more. I have emailed the company 4 times in the last week and they have never gotten back to me. Just want to know if you have had good results with the topical probiotics from them. Any info would be great! Also definitely keep up with that manuka honey. Between a high UMF manuka honey and a lavender infused jojoba oil, they are clearing my skin better then any chemical ever has!

#7 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

great stuff! i started today by popping my probiotic pill and mixing it with water. i then applied it to my face. i will let you know how my acne fares. like you said this really makes the most sense out of anything i have ever looked at.

#8 holisticnutritionistcat

holisticnutritionistcat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

im not sure if the strains of probiotics in capsules are able to stay alive or be activated on your face? It has to do with proper ph, and also giving the bacteria something to eat to proliferate, so im just not sure if using a basic intestinal probiotic will do the trick, but let me know how it goes for you!