Photo

Doxycycline Side Effects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 pugrocker

pugrocker

VAN HALEN ROCKS!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well, I've been on 200mg of Doxy now for 2 weeks and my face looks great, but Im having nasty side effects like headache, feel sick, kinda in a foggy state, and no energy. Not sure if I should stop cause like I said, my face looks great and Im hoping the side effects may pass, What to do? Posted Image

#2 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I dont know...same with me, it works pretty well with my skin but I am afraid of the side effects in the long term. ..at the very least take probiotics or yogurt. It cant hurt.

#3 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I've never had a single side effect. Well, nausea was an issue once or twice but it would only be a passing thing if I didn't drink enough when taking the pills, so that was my own fault. Otherwise, no problems at all. If it carries on, might be worth checking with your doctor. :)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#4 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've never had a single side effect. Well, nausea was an issue once or twice but it would only be a passing thing if I didn't drink enough when taking the pills, so that was my own fault. Otherwise, no problems at all. If it carries on, might be worth checking with your doctor. Posted Image

I had a reaction to one antibiotic. I couldn't swallow. It was quite painful so, I imagine I was allergic to it. Its nothing compared to what I read about accutane in the wrong person but, accutane and side effects > crater face scars.

#5 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hey, I know exactly how you feel! Before taking the pills, try to eat a little snack! Always works for me.

#6 sandsstorm

sandsstorm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I've been using doxycycline for about 3 weeks now and haven't had any noticeable side effects. To avoid getting nauseated, take it with a meal. I take it with breakfast and dinner and it's been working well for me.

#7 Jc08

Jc08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hey,

I was on 200 mg a day, but i was sweating like an animal everyday and it tripled the amount of white heads i got on my face and body. I cut it down to 100 mg every other day and i'm starting to break out horribly on my face now.

#8 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

its destroying your gut flora, ditch that stuff asap. find another way to "improve your health" and not just "improve your acne". im high lighting a goals/methods/results philosophical analysis here that i hope you'll appreciate and take advantage of.

Antibiotic use and the development of Crohn's disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14724158
#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#9 Norvegicus

Norvegicus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Just like you, I saw great effectiveness with doxycycline but suffered from side effects (nausea). Here is what worked for me:

1. Dose reduction. I reduced my dose all the way to 40 mg per day.

2. Right after each dose of doxycycline, eat a meal or large snack. It was surprisingly helpful.

3. If you get nauseous anyway, eat a few crackers and drink some juice. Put something non-provocative in your stomach. Going hungry made it worse, for me at least.

For more details, see my log.