Photo

Doxycycline Side Effects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 pugrocker

pugrocker

VAN HALEN ROCKS!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well, I've been on 200mg of Doxy now for 2 weeks and my face looks great, but Im having nasty side effects like headache, feel sick, kinda in a foggy state, and no energy. Not sure if I should stop cause like I said, my face looks great and Im hoping the side effects may pass, What to do? Posted Image

#2 AuguriesofInnocence

AuguriesofInnocence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I dont know...same with me, it works pretty well with my skin but I am afraid of the side effects in the long term. ..at the very least take probiotics or yogurt. It cant hurt.

#3 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I've never had a single side effect. Well, nausea was an issue once or twice but it would only be a passing thing if I didn't drink enough when taking the pills, so that was my own fault. Otherwise, no problems at all. If it carries on, might be worth checking with your doctor. :)

#4 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've never had a single side effect. Well, nausea was an issue once or twice but it would only be a passing thing if I didn't drink enough when taking the pills, so that was my own fault. Otherwise, no problems at all. If it carries on, might be worth checking with your doctor. Posted Image

I had a reaction to one antibiotic. I couldn't swallow. It was quite painful so, I imagine I was allergic to it. Its nothing compared to what I read about accutane in the wrong person but, accutane and side effects > crater face scars.

#5 ohhhhhhnooooooo

ohhhhhhnooooooo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hey, I know exactly how you feel! Before taking the pills, try to eat a little snack! Always works for me.

#6 sandsstorm

sandsstorm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

I've been using doxycycline for about 3 weeks now and haven't had any noticeable side effects. To avoid getting nauseated, take it with a meal. I take it with breakfast and dinner and it's been working well for me.

#7 Jc08

Jc08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hey,

I was on 200 mg a day, but i was sweating like an animal everyday and it tripled the amount of white heads i got on my face and body. I cut it down to 100 mg every other day and i'm starting to break out horribly on my face now.

#8 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

its destroying your gut flora, ditch that stuff asap. find another way to "improve your health" and not just "improve your acne". im high lighting a goals/methods/results philosophical analysis here that i hope you'll appreciate and take advantage of.

Antibiotic use and the development of Crohn's disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14724158

#9 Norvegicus

Norvegicus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

Just like you, I saw great effectiveness with doxycycline but suffered from side effects (nausea). Here is what worked for me:

1. Dose reduction. I reduced my dose all the way to 40 mg per day.

2. Right after each dose of doxycycline, eat a meal or large snack. It was surprisingly helpful.

3. If you get nauseous anyway, eat a few crackers and drink some juice. Put something non-provocative in your stomach. Going hungry made it worse, for me at least.

For more details, see my log.