Photo

Water Only, No Touching

vitamin b vitamin b1 vitamin b12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 whathavewehere

whathavewehere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

In this log I am going to see whether the water-only method will be effective at healing up my skin.

I've had acne for four years now. I had typical teenage acne throughout high school... not a problem. Then, shortly before 11th grade prom, I decided to start regularly "cleaning" my face with a salicylic acid scrub. Needless to say, not long after that, my face erupted and has never been the same since. I can safely say I've used almost every acne treatment under the sun short of Accutane. I've been on derm-prescribed antibiotics twice, derm-prescribed BP once, Dan's Regimen for a year and a half. I've used countless over-the-counter cleansers, masks and spot treatments. I've altered my diet in more ways than I can name and have taken every vitamin of the alphabet. I've abstained from masturbation for a month and I've tried urine therapy, both internally and externally.

I have read several success stories about people who have gone water-only and have, over a period of several months, been able to heal their skin... not stop breakouts, just return their skin to a stronger, less irritable and less acne-prone state. Currently, my face is a right mess: I've got cystic acne on my mouth and jaw region, as well as a little bit near my nose. For a while now, I've also had what seems like a dermatitis flare-up on my nose and inner cheeks... meaning red, dry, flaky skin concentrated in that area. A lot of the mouth region acne was caused by a recent two-week bout of taking vitamin B12, a decision I now sorely regret. I have yet to pinpoint the cause of my dermatitis.

There are two reasons why I am intent on trying this regimen. One is the fact that, as mentioned previously, my first encounter with severe acne came not long after I decided to start using cleanser / scrub. Two is that, from around October '11 to February '12, I slacked tremendously with Dan's Regimen, which I was on at the time (light spot treatment maybe once every three days, almost no cleanser and absolutely no moisturizer) and my skin / acne looked better than it had in a whole year of religious cleansing, applying BP and moisturizing. Most importantly, I stopped getting cysts, which I had been getting consistently while applying BP. It felt very liberating... unfortunately I ended up royally screwing up my diet and breaking out again (I think it was due to starting unnecessary vitamin supplements of some kind), panicking because I thought the breakout might be due to lack of BP (completely unfounded, I had gone four months without using BP and now a breakout?), and jumping headfirst into what I thought was a "healthy" regimen of BP, urine therapy and vitamin supplements. From there, my skin only got worse. Around two or three weeks ago I recognized the main problem and cut out the vitamins, albeit continuing cleanser and BP. Since then, my mouth region acne has been slowly healing, but now I really want my skin to heal in more ways than just having cysts vanish.

Anyway... I started this on Sunday and I'm going to keep updating once a week, to avoid unnecessary stress. Basically all I do is rinse my water with lukewarm shower water every morning, and then leave it alone for the rest of the day, unless I happen to exercise and sweat a lot, in which case I'll do another rinse. Frequency is really not that important however, all that matters is the fact that it's temperate water and ONLY water - no hands, no cleansers, scrubs or chemicals. I'm not expecting magic and I'm not expecting instant results. I'll keep at it all through the summer if I need to. This has worked for people and I want to see if it will work for me. If not, that's fine... I'll go back to cleansers. Perhaps they are a necessary evil.

I attached a couple pics of the current state of my face... they don't do reality justice though, as the light diffuses most of the redness. I used a contrast filter on the pic of my T-zone just to show the extent of my dermatitis, as it was barely visible in the original pic.

Edited by whathavewehere, 12 November 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#2 The Darkest Cloud

The Darkest Cloud

|TheComeUp|

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

In this log I am going to see whether the water-only method will be effective at healing up my skin.

I've had acne for four years now. I had typical teenage acne throughout high school... not a problem. Then, shortly before 11th grade prom, I decided to start regularly "cleaning" my face with a salicylic acid scrub. Needless to say, not long after that, my face erupted and has never been the same since. I can safely say I've used almost every acne treatment under the sun short of Accutane. I've been on derm-prescribed antibiotics twice, derm-prescribed BP once, Dan's Regimen for a year and a half. I've used countless over-the-counter cleansers, masks and spot treatments. I've altered my diet in more ways than I can name and have taken every vitamin of the alphabet. I've abstained from masturbation for a month and I've tried urine therapy, both internally and externally.

I have read several success stories about people who have gone water-only and have, over a period of several months, been able to heal their skin... not stop breakouts, just return their skin to a stronger, less irritable and less acne-prone state. Currently, my face is a right mess: I've got cystic acne on my mouth and jaw region, as well as a little bit near my nose. For a while now, I've also had what seems like a dermatitis flare-up on my nose and inner cheeks... meaning red, dry, flaky skin concentrated in that area. A lot of the mouth region acne was caused by a recent two-week bout of taking vitamin B12, a decision I now sorely regret. I have yet to pinpoint the cause of my dermatitis.

There are two reasons why I am intent on trying this regimen. One is the fact that, as mentioned previously, my first encounter with severe acne came not long after I decided to start using cleanser / scrub. Two is that, from around October '11 to February '12, I slacked tremendously with the regimen (light spot treatment maybe once every three days, almost no cleanser and absolutely no moisturizer) and my skin/acne looked better than it had in a whole year of religious cleansing, applying BP and moisturizing. Most importantly, I stopped getting cysts, which I had been getting consistently while applying BP. It felt very liberating... unfortunately I ended up royally screwing up my diet and breaking out again (I think it was due to starting unnecessary vitamin supplements of some kind), panicking because I thought the breakout might be due to lack of BP (completely unfounded, I had gone four months without using BP and now a breakout?), and jumping headfirst into what I thought was a "healthy" regimen of BP, urine therapy and vitamin supplements. From there, my skin only got worse. Around two or three weeks ago I recognized the main problem and cut out the vitamins, albeit continuing cleanser and BP. Since then, my mouth region acne has been slowly healing, but now I really want my skin to heal in more ways than just having cysts vanish.

Anyway... I started this on Sunday and I'm going to keep updating once a week, to avoid unnecessary stress. Basically all I do is rinse my water with lukewarm shower water every morning, and then leave it alone for the rest of the day, unless I happen to exercise and sweat a lot, in which case I'll do another rinse. Frequency is really not that important however, all that's important is the fact that it's temperate water and ONLY water - no hands, no cleansers, scrubs or chemicals. I'm not expecting magic and I'm not expecting instant results. I'll go trough the summer if I need to. This has worked for people and I want to see if it will work for me. If not, that's fine... I'll go back to cleansers. Perhaps they are a necessary evil.

I attached a couple pics of the current state of my face... they don't do reality justice though, as the light diffuses most of the redness. I used a contrast filter on the pic of my T-zone just to show the extent of my dermatitis, as it was barely visible in the original pic.

Hey man! First of all I wish you the very best of luck with this regimen you've got. I too am doing water only with about a month and I've definitely seen improvements and I'm excited to see what it'll be like after another month. I've read some notice stunning results after one month but for most it's around 2 months. Check out my log in my signature if you like, I try to update it fairly regularly..although I've no pictures posted. I don't even want to take pictures of my skin :( I might post a pic when my face FINALLY clears though just for the sake of it. My thread is a bit messy because I changed my regimen..anyway you'll see it if you wanna look. Btw man your skin isn't bad at all. Trust me, it would be considered very light if the redness eased up a bit :) all the best man

One Love

#3 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

my advise to you is to wash your hand first before you wash your face with the water + hand, the hand will help to exfoliate and better get rid of dirt ;p and other enviromental stuff,

think it like washing a dish with food you wouldnt just run it under water , the stuff would still be attached to the plate

#4 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I`m really interested to see how this goes. Keep us posted! good luck

#5 whathavewehere

whathavewehere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hey man! First of all I wish you the very best of luck with this regimen you've got. I too am doing water only with about a month and I've definitely seen improvements and I'm excited to see what it'll be like after another month. I've read some notice stunning results after one month but for most it's around 2 months. Check out my log in my signature if you like, I try to update it fairly regularly..although I've no pictures posted. I don't even want to take pictures of my skin Posted Image I might post a pic when my face FINALLY clears though just for the sake of it. My thread is a bit messy because I changed my regimen..anyway you'll see it if you wanna look. Btw man your skin isn't bad at all. Trust me, it would be considered very light if the redness eased up a bit Posted Image all the best man

One Love

Thanks, I will check out your log. Good to hear another semi-success story. I've heard that it gets worse before it gets better, so that's what I'm bracing for... after a couple weeks I'm looking forward to smoother sailing.

My skin used to be much, much worse... I wish I had some pictures. I think the recent clearing can be partially attributed to dropping milk (which I had been drinking consistently around two or three times a day) from my diet and replacing it with green tea. I miss milk though, so after my skin has improved I'm hoping to re-introduce it and see if it really has that much of an impact.

my advise to you is to wash your hand first before you wash your face with the water + hand, the hand will help to exfoliate and better get rid of dirt ;p and other enviromental stuff,

think it like washing a dish with food you wouldnt just run it under water , the stuff would still be attached to the plate

I've considered using hands, but at the same time I've read success stories by people who have used the hands-free method. I'll go as long as I can without any contact, then if the grime just gets overwhelming I'll exfoliate a bit. I've also read that over time, the need for exfoliation will decrease.

#6 krlouise

krlouise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm also considering going this route. I used to use proactiv which didnt change much. I wash my face with water 2x daily and every other day I use baking soda as an exfoliant to get off all the dead skin cells.

#7 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Whathavewehere, do you have an update for us? I too started the water-only to cleanse my face, 4 days ago and my face was INCREDIBLY itchy for the first 3 days. Today, it's feeling a little less itchy, thank goodness. What I do is just wash my face at night, splashing it with filtered water and then using a clean towel to just pat it dry. Last night, I didn't even wash it at all and my skin was less itchy through the night. I stopped wearing makeup and now all my scars and pimples are right out there, for everyone to see. Kinda liberating actually.
Well, I hope things are working out for you as I really feel this is going to work, if we give it time. I'm in my 40's and look at all my friends with their beautiful skin. And the ones with the least amount of wrinkles are the ones who have always just splashed water on their face, not needing to moisturize after as they haven't stripped their face of its natural oils. As for me, I've been using glycolic acid for 15 years, damaging my face, and now I look 10 years older than my friends who are the same age as me....very frustrating....oh well, it serves me right for always trying to have "perfect skin".
Oh, I should also mention that I changed my diet a few months ago and am trying to eat really healthy, and I start my day with a green smoothie. And I'm doing yoga daily at home (just found some inverted poses online that are supposed to help with circulation). I've also been taught how to breathe properly so am trying to do that daily as well (breathing from my stomach rather than my chest). I think these things are likely helping as well, and don't take more than 10 minutes out of my day.

Edited by con eli, 19 April 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#8 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

So it's now been over a week since I've just been washing my face with water and, so far so good! I've had some days where my face felt really itchy and tight but I'm told this is normal, as your face adjusts to not using any products; therefore, having to produce its own oils again. Also, I've only had two new pimples form this entire week. One of them was gone in a day and the other one is so small that no one can notice it but me. So I'm just waiting to see what that one's going to decide to do. That's a record for me as I usually get at least 3-5 a week and they normally take 3-5 days to go away. Well, I'll keep updating this site once a week to let you know my progress.

#9 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Another weekly update: Well, as far as pimples go, I've only had 2 small ones this week. One went away in a day and the other one has been there for 3 days now but it's starting to go away on its own now.
What I found out this week is that I have seborrheic dermatitis, from being on topicals for so many years. So that's why my skin's always feeling tight and itchy and is inflamed with red patches. Not fun. So, along with the other things I'm doing which I mentioned in my original post, I'm now starting to eat even healthier and trying to eat a more alkaline-rich diet, which I'm told is good if you have acne too. One of the main things I'm doing is having lemon in my water.
Again, I'll post another update in a week.

#10 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

So I stopped drinking the lemon water and have switched to ginger water instead because the lemon water was really making my throat dry. As far as breakouts go, I've again had a couple of really tiny pimples come and go in 1-2 days (I don't think anyone can notice them other than myself because they're extremely tiny). Other than that, I've been going for a deep tissue massage on my face once per week because, supposedly, it might help with the seborrheic dermatitis. I really hope so.

#11 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

#12 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well, it's been about a month now and I did get a really large pimple on my forehead this past week. I felt a couple more underground pimples coming too so what I've done is, as the final step to my cleansing routine, I now lightly sweep my face with my hands, once only, all over. This did stop the other 2 breakouts from forming and has also helped with my seborrheic dermatitis so I'll keep doing this, at least for now. So, in general, my face is doing MUCH better than it was a month ago but I'll keep posting here for at least another month.

#13 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

So i've been on DKR for about 4months and i did see positive results but i was tired of doing it everyday precisely and tired of flakiness. So now im just watching my face with plain tap water, and im amazed of how clear my skin gotten!!!

I dont add any additional iteams such as moisturiser, just WATER! and dry DOnE! only times i was is when my face feels grimy, morning and evenings and it doesnt make a difference if i wash it muiltiple times a day cause it doesnt dry out my face ! WATER, miracle stuff! dont know why i didnt do this sooner. i guess any acne products from cleansers to moisturisers, theres gonna be some negitive effect on ur skin, best to just do it natural way with water.

If i need too, ill prob not even wash my face and it well help me clear up quicker, its weird, less washing = fast repairing. and NEVER touch ur face

#14 con eli

con eli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

So I've decided that I won't post here unless there's some drastic change in my skin because things are pretty much the same as they were last week. I only have one active pimple on my face currently so I'll just be keeping up with the water-only routine for the foreseeable future as my skin seems to really be liking it. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me. Good luck to those who are also trying no-water! The results might not be immediate but, eventually, your skin will thank you!