Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgraded Regimen? This Will Work!

2 posts in this topic

The Situation:

I have been battling acne now for over a year. I have seen my dermatologist, been given Retin-A, Clindamycin, BP, Doxycycline, a decent moisturizer and cleanser, yet I still battle acne and extreme redness/dryness. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I spend a lot of time outdoors/in the sun, so my acne situation is very difficult. Anyways, after a year of on and off success and failure, I have decided to create a new regimen given all of the resources I have now.

Required Resources:

- Cetaphil Gentle Daily Skin Cleanser (or similar cleanser)(Update: Try oatmeal cleanser)

- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (or similar moisturizer)

- Retin-A (or other tretinoin/retinol solution)

- Clindamycin Phosphate

- Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5% - 5%)(Optional 10% for spots or backne)

- Sulfur mask (use once a week, and only once a week)

The Regimen:

Mornings:

- First thing, take a warm shower.

- (Optional) Shave.

- For 30 seconds, clean your face with Cetaphil Gentle Daily Skin Cleanser. Rinse with lukewarm water. Gently pat-dry your face.

- Mix 2 parts BP and 1 part clindamycin topical lotion. Apply to entire face. Allow to completely dry/absorb into face.

- Apply 1-2 pumps of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to entire face. Allow to completely absorb into face.

- (Optional) Apply sunscreen.

Nights:

- Either take a shower or rinse off face with lukewarm water.

- Cleanse using the Cetaphil cleanser. Allow to completely dry.

- Apply a thin layer of Clindamycin to troublesome areas on face.

- Apply a thin layer of Retin-A to entire face.

- Apply 1-2 pumps of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to entire face.

- Make sure you clean your pillowcase once a week (or more).

Weekly:

- Apply sulfur mask to entire face. Allow to dry for at least 30 minutes. Shower afterwards and rinse face well with lukewarm water. Moisturize afterwards.

Final Words

I am going to begin on this new regimen starting tomorrow morning. I will post back with status updates. Please post your comments or concerns, I am no dermatologist so if something is wrong with this regimen or you have any suggestions, please let us know!

It might work. I'd leave out the clindamycin at night because it may interfere with the retin-a. SPF won't be optional if you're using retin-a. Also, expect very dry and irritated skin with all of this, especially with retin-a, and for awhile. And expect a major IB bc of retin-a.

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.