I have been battling acne now for over a year. I have seen my dermatologist, been given Retin-A, Clindamycin, BP, Doxycycline, a decent moisturizer and cleanser, yet I still battle acne and extreme redness/dryness. I have extremely sensitive skin, and I spend a lot of time outdoors/in the sun, so my acne situation is very difficult. Anyways, after a year of on and off success and failure, I have decided to create a new regimen given all of the resources I have now.
- Cetaphil Gentle Daily Skin Cleanser (or similar cleanser)(Update: Try oatmeal cleanser)
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (or similar moisturizer)
- Retin-A (or other tretinoin/retinol solution)
- Clindamycin Phosphate
- Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5% - 5%)(Optional 10% for spots or backne)
- Sulfur mask (use once a week, and only once a week)
- First thing, take a warm shower.
- (Optional) Shave.
- For 30 seconds, clean your face with Cetaphil Gentle Daily Skin Cleanser. Rinse with lukewarm water. Gently pat-dry your face.
- Mix 2 parts BP and 1 part clindamycin topical lotion. Apply to entire face. Allow to completely dry/absorb into face.
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to entire face. Allow to completely absorb into face.
- (Optional) Apply sunscreen.
- Either take a shower or rinse off face with lukewarm water.
- Cleanse using the Cetaphil cleanser. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Clindamycin to troublesome areas on face.
- Apply a thin layer of Retin-A to entire face.
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion to entire face.
- Make sure you clean your pillowcase once a week (or more).
- Apply sulfur mask to entire face. Allow to dry for at least 30 minutes. Shower afterwards and rinse face well with lukewarm water. Moisturize afterwards.
I am going to begin on this new regimen starting tomorrow morning. I will post back with status updates. Please post your comments or concerns, I am no dermatologist so if something is wrong with this regimen or you have any suggestions, please let us know!
Upgraded Regimen? This Will Work!regimen benzyol-peroxide retin-a clindamycin moisturizer cleanser doxycycline
1 reply to this topic
Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:54 AM
It might work. I'd leave out the clindamycin at night because it may interfere with the retin-a. SPF won't be optional if you're using retin-a. Also, expect very dry and irritated skin with all of this, especially with retin-a, and for awhile. And expect a major IB bc of retin-a.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users