Photo

Finally Agreed To Accutane

accutane claravis teenager acne help tips zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Soo anyone else ever experience this on Accutane...?

My acne HURTS. Like i mean a weird hurt. I always get the sore, tender ones that hurt to touch like here and there, but these are different since Accutane. They sting. Like almost an itchy, burny feeling. Like if i pick at one of my zits it burnsss like HELL afterwards. Or when I touch them with my makeup sponge they just like sting. Anyone else get this feeling or am i just a total weirdo..? O.o

Oh and look whos a veteran member now Posted Image ahaha i feel old.

Mine really hurt too. Worse than I have ever had a zit hurt. Yesterday I popped two along my jaw line. My face was throbbing and red and hot. I had to use a ice pack on my face afterwards. It was just some whiteheads. Geez.
Today its a different story, all red and irritated now. Great, thats what I get for picking though.

#42 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

My acne HURTS. Like i mean a weird hurt. I always get the sore, tender ones that hurt to touch like here and there, but these are different since Accutane. They sting. Like almost an itchy, burny feeling. Like if i pick at one of my zits it burnsss like HELL afterwards. Or when I touch them with my makeup sponge they just like sting. Anyone else get this feeling or am i just a total weirdo..? O.o

Mine hurts as well. I broke out last weekend with new zits and OUCH. My mom asked me what was wrong because I was obviously upset, and I told her that my face literally hurt. I have a bad picking problem & after picking, it stings like hell!

#43 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I know what you mean about the ones which sting, I accidently brushed past one with my hand and suddenly it felt like being pricked with a hot needle

Pheww glad im not the only one guys! haha i felt like something was totally wrong with my face. But yes thats exactlyy the feeling i get too! Never before Accutane have they felt like this, so I'm guessing its from that.

#44 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I know what you mean about the ones which sting, I accidently brushed past one with my hand and suddenly it felt like being pricked with a hot needle

Pheww glad im not the only one guys! haha i felt like something was totally wrong with my face. But yes thats exactlyy the feeling i get too! Never before Accutane have they felt like this, so I'm guessing its from that.

Waa.. I wanna have some side effects so I can join in the conversation! It's probably just your acne spots getting really angry cause they know they're going to be killed off..

#45 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Mine really hurt too. Worse than I have ever had a zit hurt. Yesterday I popped two along my jaw line. My face was throbbing and red and hot. I had to use a ice pack on my face afterwards. It was just some whiteheads. Geez.
Today its a different story, all red and irritated now. Great, thats what I get for picking though.

Ahhh ME TOO :( I am so bad at picking my skin. My close friends, family, even my boyfriend will like snatch my hand away from my face cuz sometimes I wont even realize im doing it. But I just hate going out places or to work and all that with a big 'ole whitehead on my face, or a scab, so i cant help myself trying to make it look somewhat better. Sorry your face feels like that and is so red now though :(

#46 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Ahhh ME TOO Posted Image I am so bad at picking my skin. My close friends, family, even my boyfriend will like snatch my hand away from my face cuz sometimes I wont even realize im doing it. But I just hate going out places or to work and all that with a big 'ole whitehead on my face, or a scab, so i cant help myself trying to make it look somewhat better. Sorry your face feels like that and is so red now though Posted Image

I have a bad habit of scratching my face at night when I'm watching tv, I don't have inflamed acne but the bumps make my skin sooo uneven and a horribly bumpy texture, so I'll just scratch at my forehead and cheeks and by the time I realize it, I'll be a big ole tomato. ;(. On Accutane, I will not scratch! I hope...

#47 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Mine hurts as well. I broke out last weekend with new zits and OUCH. My mom asked me what was wrong because I was obviously upset, and I told her that my face literally hurt. I have a bad picking problem & after picking, it stings like hell!

Awh yeah i know how you feel! Posted Image Thats how it is for me too, they sting! Ah i have a badd picking problem too which just makes things 100 times worse :/

Waa.. I wanna have some side effects so I can join in the conversation! It's probably just your acne spots getting really angry cause they know they're going to be killed off..

Thats how i used to be too! Day 10 now and im finallyy just starting to see some. Haha yes that must be it. Good, its their turn to suffer! Posted Image
And me too!! When im watching tv is the absolute worst time for my face. I get distracted by the tv and my hands are just sittting there doing nothing so where do they go? Straight to my face. Blahhh. Yeah I have some inflamed ones scattered all around which bug me the most, but then its like every pore is filled almost and red and makes my face so bumpy and it just feels gross. I cant wait for the day when I can run my hands over my face and it feels smooth..

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 19 April 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#48 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Awh yeah i know how you feel! Posted Image Thats how it is for me too, they sting! Ah i have a badd picking problem too which just makes things 100 times worse :/

Thats how i used to be too! Day 10 now and im finallyy just starting to see some. Haha yes that must be it. Good, its their turn to suffer! Posted Image

What side effects are you seeing? and acne does deserve to just die die die die die. Just as long as they don't leave their markings behind on our faces >:(!

#49 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh sorry Taylor, I edited my post and replied to your other post in that one too Posted Image

And so far I have been getting some back pain, but its tolerable. Some major dehydration, like you read on BeautifulDisasters log, because i drink nothingg. And these stinging zits im talking about, but eh thats nothin really as long as you dont pick at them. My lips are only a litttle dry. Which most people say theyre soo dry by now, but nope not for me yet. Ha so so far its been smooth sailing. I hope it doesnt change too much though :0 Except i wouldnt mind for my skin changing and getting clear anytime now.

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 19 April 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#50 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Day 12!

I bring news!! I think I might possibly be one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a super bad initial breakout! Posted Image Cuz I am almost at week 3 now so I don't know how much worse things would get at this point in. Or so im hoping.. I'm not sure if i even exactly got one, cuz the only thing that got worse than usual was my chin. Like right now its super nasty with those big 'ole painful zits that are super sexy. But the rest of my face actually looks like its getting better! It doesn't look as bumpy and irritated as before when I started. Looking in the mirror today I realized I have NO actives on my cheeks, which were always so bad for me. SAY WHAAAAT?! Just lots of other ones slowwlllyyy but surely fading. Well and then the chin, mouth area, temples, and forehead acne to deal with still. I really really really hope this continues though on the rest of my face.

Do you think it's possible to have an initial breakout that pretty much only really occurs on one spot of your face? (like my chin) I'm really curious on this..

Okay now to side effects. yayyy...

-back pain which is annoying whenever I bend over (like picking up things, putting my shoes on, wash my face in the sink, etc.)
-only slightly dry lips, nothin too bad at all, just apply Aquaphor a few times a day
-dehydration! Omigosh people dont be stupid like me and neverrr drink water. Haha I now realize I need to drink lotsss. I thought i was gonna pass out the other day at the grocery store or throw up, but after I got home and drank lotsa water I felt fine.

Now after i listed all those it looks kinda bad... haha but honestly its been totally smooth sailing for me! Posted Image
Hows everyone else doing??

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 20 April 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#51 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Okay guys I have another question for ya. How do I get rid of this back pain?!
It's horrible. I didn't realize how bad it was till today when i was doing Zumba haha. And then at work I am always bending over and picking up stuff and putting things on the shelves, and everytime I stand back upright i have to stand there for like a few minutes trying to breathe almost and get my back to straighten out with any pain. I feel like an 80 year old!
Does anyone have any advice or certain supplements they can reccomend to help with this??

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 20 April 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#52 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Oh noo not one of those side effects :( I HATE back pain, it's the worst and you can barely move once your back is in pain for a while! I just took aleve and it helped a little but I do know my mom suffers from back pain because of a car accident, and was prescribed vicodin or however you spell it, and it gets her through, she said it goes away immediately. I know vicodin seems like too much but if it does get that bad, maybe ask if you can be prescribed it just for a couple weeks until the side effects settle down form Accutane.

#53 The Outfield

The Outfield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Wow, almost 2 weeks down. It looks like you may not have an IB, but sometimes they do not occur to much later for some people.

Sorry to hear about the back pains, that would be quite annoying. However, I am not experiencing them (at least, yet) to give you much input on what to do. But what I would do is search the forums and/or speak to your dermatologist in attempt to elicit information on what you can do about it.

Edited by White Stang, 21 April 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#54 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Oh noo not one of those side effects Posted Image I HATE back pain, it's the worst and you can barely move once your back is in pain for a while! I just took aleve and it helped a little but I do know my mom suffers from back pain because of a car accident, and was prescribed vicodin or however you spell it, and it gets her through, she said it goes away immediately. I know vicodin seems like too much but if it does get that bad, maybe ask if you can be prescribed it just for a couple weeks until the side effects settle down form Accutane.

Yess, it sucks! I've never really had much back pain so it's weird like always being like this now and feeling like an elderly person. Posted Image Ha its by farrr the worst side effect for me. Well i really don't have many side effects at all anyways.. ha which is good Posted Image And yeah that is kind of a big drug but honestly I will definitely think about that if this keeps up. Cuz its really bad and having it gone sounds wonderful!

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 21 April 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#55 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Oh noo not one of those side effects Posted Image I HATE back pain, it's the worst and you can barely move once your back is in pain for a while! I just took aleve and it helped a little but I do know my mom suffers from back pain because of a car accident, and was prescribed vicodin or however you spell it, and it gets her through, she said it goes away immediately. I know vicodin seems like too much but if it does get that bad, maybe ask if you can be prescribed it just for a couple weeks until the side effects settle down form Accutane.

Yess, it sucks! I've never really had much back pain so it's weird like always being like this now and feeling like an elderly person. Posted Image Ha its by farrr the worst side effect for me. Well i really don't have many side effects at all anyways.. ha which is good Posted Image And yeah that is kind of a big drug but honestly I will definitely think about that if this keeps up. Cuz its really bad and having it gone sounds wonderful!

Aw I'm sorry your feeling like that! I have one side effect! Dry lips woohoo! It excites me. They aren't chapped or red or burning, just slightly drier than usual :D How is your Saturday going?

#56 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wow, almost 2 weeks down. It looks like you may not have an IB, but sometimes they do not occur to much later for some people.

Sorry to hear about the back pains, that would be quite annoying. However, I am not experiencing them (at least, yet) to give you much input on what to do. But what I would do is search the forums and/or speak to your dermatologist in attempt to elicit information on what you can do about it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking maybe. Cuz i mean i'm gonna be in week 3 pretty soon and so far nothings really gotten worse. Except my chin like i said. But i mean even that wasn't tooo bad. But i don't wanna like get my hopes up and then break out horribly soon. :( Cuz like you said it could maybe come later..

Yeah it is pretty annoying. Ha but hey if it means clear skin, i'll deal with it! As long as it doesn't get worse though cuz then it might be like unbearable or something. Thanks, i'll definitely go look around on here to see what other people have done. And if it's not better by my next derm. appointment i'll be sure to ask him about it.

#57 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

Any updates on your skin? Or just same ole same ole right now?

#58 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Taylor: Thanks girl, but hopefully it'll start to not be as bad then things will be all good! Oh you got a side effect? Yayy! hahaha yeah thats actually how mine are too and i'm almost done with week 2. They're really not bad at all. Yet I still panic for some reason when I realize i don't have any chapstick with me. I don't know why.. Like I feel like they'll get chapped right then when I'm doing stuff with no chapstick with me. Hahahh, it's going good! Just here at work and it's superr slow. But I get off in a half hour, whoo! How is yours so far? Posted Image

And pretty much it's just the same right now. My forehead is slowly starting to look a little better. Cuz its always been bumpy and gross. Like i haven't felt it be even somehwhat smooth in yearss, but it is starting to feel nicer! Then my cheeks have noo actives right now which is awesome! Just tonss of red marks fading for now. I really hope no new ones pop up there soon. But my chin is still pretty darn blahhh. Posted Image Oh well, guess i just gotta be patient! Anything new with yours yet?

Edited by NeedAMiracle!, 21 April 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#59 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Taylor: Thanks girl, but hopefully it'll start to not be as bad then things will be all good! Oh you got a side effect? Yayy! hahaha yeah thats actually how mine are too and i'm almost done with week 2. They're really not bad at all. Yet I still panic for some reason when I realize i don't have any chapstick with me. I don't know why.. Like I feel like they'll get chapped right then when I'm doing stuff with no chapstick with me. Hahahh, it's going good! Just here at work and it's superr slow. But I get off in a half hour, whoo! How is yours so far? Posted Image

And pretty much it's just the same right now. My forehead is slowly starting to look a little better. Cuz its always been bumpy and gross. Like i haven't felt it be even somehwhat smooth in yearss, but it is starting to feel nicer! Then my cheeks have noo actives right now which is awesome! Just tonss of red marks fading for now. I really hope no new ones pop up there soon. But my chin is still pretty darn blahhh. Posted Image Oh well, guess i just gotta be patient! Anything new with yours yet?

I'm doing great! I woke up at noon and was pretty mad at myself for waking up so late! But I've gotten a lot of homework done ahead of time just in case I start feeling exhausted and don't have the motivation to do anything, my face is da samee. I don't get inflamed acne anymore, just red bumps so I actually don't realize if I get new ones because they just are there. The texture of my skin is rough and bumpy although it doesn't look it which is good I guess, but I would just like to feel my skin and feel the smoothness. I can't wait til my skin is like that. I get the bumps around my nose and on my upper cheeks, and of course my forehead woohoo! It actually looks better when I don't wear foundation, although I want to cause of the redness, bleh. I just can't wait for all of these little bumps to flake off. My skin also is a little oily, it's never been crazy oily, but it does feel a tiny bit oily, I guess that's sort of common for a couple days, so I'm just excited for my old skin to shed, and new skin to appear! That's awesome you aren't experiencing an IB! Congrats! Where do you work?

#60 NeedAMiracle!

NeedAMiracle!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Taylor: hahah i hate sleeping in like that too! Such a waste of a day. But sometimes it's super nice when you can, like when you have no school to catch up on!:) Well that's good theres no bad inflamed ones.Because those are pain and hurt. Ha I'm still getting some on my forehead and chin right now. Yeah i have a really bumpy texture too that looks 10 times worse in the sun. Ehhh. Thats also good you can't see it too much, lucky! haha i mean not lucky at all that you have acne, just that its not that noticeable. Mines really noticeable and theres really nothing i can do about it till its gone yanno?

AH my skin is sooo oily:( Always has been. Im sure thats a big factor in my acne. This might sound weird, but i kinda cant wait till i have dry flaky skin. Haha im so sick of seeing this nasty greasy face! Itll be nice to see it shedding and leavinggg! And thanks, i really hope I never do get one, cuz todays already 2 weeks in and nothin! I work at a clothing store in my town called Red Zebra. I love shopping and clothes and working there :) haha