Photo

The Regimen With Clindamycin And Retin-A?

regimen retin-a clindamycin sensitive

1 reply to this topic

#1 alecwhardy

alecwhardy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have been battling my acne now for about a year. I began by using the Acne-Free system (benzyol peroxide), but that made no difference at all for 5-6 months. After having no success, I saw my Derm who gave me Clindamycin and Retin-A (and Doxycycline pills). I use clindamycin both in the morning and at night, and retin-A as a spot treatment every other night. I have been using this for a little over six months.

Recently, within the past month, my entire face has gotten extremely red and irritated. When I step out of the shower and it dries it feels as if my entire face is chapped (liek chapped lips). I bought a moisturizer (cetaphil) and have been using that, but to no avail.

Having very little success for six months with both the BP systems and the regimen that my Derm gave me, I am thinking about switching. I now know that when I was using BP I was using waaayy too little, but I still have some faith in my clindamycin/retin-a.

Does "The Regimen" work with Clindamycin and Retin-A instead of BP? Can I use BP along with one of the two? Or should I just switch over to BP only.

I have VERY sensitive skin.

#2 frackgirl33

frackgirl33

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 44
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

As far as if you should completely quit the Clinda and Retin-A, well I just don't know. But I do know that if you want to use both, do NOT use the Retin-A and the BP at the same time because they "deactivate" each other. I use Clinda/Retin-A/doxy as well and a variation of the regimen and it has worked out great for me. I basically do Dan's regimen in the morning, with the only difference being I mix my cllindamycin and BP in my hand before applying it to my face. I've read that using BP with clindamycin actually helps to prevent antibiotic resistance. At night, I cleanse, sometimes I use witch hazel to tone if I'm feeling especially oily, wait about 10 min, apply clindamycin, then wait another 20-30 and apply the Retin-A. I started Clindamycin/Retin-A 5 months ago, and added the doxy and the BP regimen along the way... and I am sooo happy to report that I've just had my first week of being completely clear in about 15 years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users