Photo

Has Anyone Used Cornstarch On Their Skin To Combat Oil?

oily skin cornstarch makeup foundation setting powder

2 replies to this topic

#1 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I was reading these makeup reviews for cornstarch, used as a setting powder over makeup, and they said it helped oily skin stay matte throughout the day. Has anyone tried this? Is it safe to just use the cornstarch from your cupboard, or is it better to buy cornstarch baby powder?

#2 paigems

paigems

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I tried this, and it didn't work as well as powders specifically designed for oil control. I really like Kryolan Anti Shine. Actually, my whole makeup routine is Murad oil control lotion, Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation, and then Kryolan Anti Shine Powder. I am very oily, and that combination keeps me looking good for most of the day. I mostly attribute it to the Hourglass foundation though. I once applied it to my skin while it was covered in oil, and it literally absorbed it. Not sure how it does that, but I'm not going to question it since it works.

#3 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Thanks, I'm going to look into these products! I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I used cornstarch baby powder over my foundation today and sadly it didn't work. It just made my face look really cakey by the end of the school day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users