Photo

Acne Is Gone! Now The Red Marks...

red marks scars candida garlic probiotic red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 overthis

overthis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

First of all, I wasn't sure where to put this because it spans across a few topics...

I was diagnosed with candida in September 2011. This is what I looked like in June, before I was diagnosed:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Immediately upon diagnosis, I cut out yeast, wheat, alcohol, vinegar, and sugar. I began taking Grapefruit Seed Extract, 10 drops per day, Oil of Oregano capsules, 2 per day, probiotics in high doses, and garlic. Yes, it was difficult, but yes, it worked. Here is my skin in November, 3 months in:

Posted Image Posted Image

And now, April 8, 2012, my acne is 99% gone. I began using Clinique Acne Solutions along with my holistic treatment around the end of December 2011. Today I have one active acne blemish. The rest of what you will see is red marks. Last night I started using Clinique Even Better Clinical for dark spots and acne scars. I will update as my skin progresses. Here is my face this morning (links cause they were pretty big):

http://i.imgur.com/gJosUh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tD14Bh.jpg

#2 SarahJessica

SarahJessica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Wow what an improvment!!! How did you get diagnosed with that....or I guess how did you figure out that those were the things making your face break out like that?

#3 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Congrats on your success! So happy for you, your skin has come such a long way!! Thank you for sharing your story with us.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#4 overthis

overthis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Wow what an improvment!!! How did you get diagnosed with that....or I guess how did you figure out that those were the things making your face break out like that?

I went to a holistic doctor! She did some tests and had me send off some labs and it came back with an extreme overgrowth of yeast. I've always had recurrent yeast infections. Apparently it's been caused by a lifetime of antibiotic overuse combined with a preexisting yeast sensitivity.

#5 SarahJessica

SarahJessica

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Interesting, I'll have to see if I have any holistic doctors around me. Maybe that's something I'll have to check out if this current med I'm on doesn't work. I never would have thought of that n a couple years ago I had the same problem with yeast infections, it never failed I always ended up having one.

#6 overthis

overthis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Interesting, I'll have to see if I have any holistic doctors around me. Maybe that's something I'll have to check out if this current med I'm on doesn't work. I never would have thought of that n a couple years ago I had the same problem with yeast infections, it never failed I always ended up having one.

It could definitely be candida. Please don't use antibiotics for acne! Even if it clears up initially, it will come back because all it's doing is masking the underlying problem. Trust me, I've been there.

#7 Finlow

Finlow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Having stumbled upon this thread at 3am after a sleepless night of battling off depression - Reading your post was like a light-bulb going off in my head and you have to tell me more about your diagnosis and treatment. Bit of my own back-story:

I've had Tinea versicolor, a skin yeast infection over the whole of my upper body and arms since the age of about 17 which as I look back (I'm 19 now) - was when I started to notice the onset of more persistent acne and red marks that refuse to go away. I manage the tinia versicolor (when I don't get lazy) with a special foaming solution that holds it off for a few months. I can't speak on excessive use of antibiotics but I've been on doxy and minocycline each for a few month stretches. Red marks that refuse to fade have always been my problem; whilst only ever having 1 or 2 active pimples at a time and sometimes none, my face has gotten consecutively worse over the 2-3 years because of the persistent bombardment. It certainly isn't as bad as your original photos and I would presently place it as being in a moderately worse condition than you latest photos (fantastic progress by the way!)

I'm going to make an appointment with my derm first thing and bring this up (I don't think he even knows I have Tinea versicolor as it was diagnosed and treated by my GP - I never thought to bring it up). Can you tell me about the kind of diet you went on to avoid yeast, wheat, alcohol, vinegar, and sugar? What kind of foods were you sticking to and what were you avoiding at all costs? Could you also tell me anything more you know about the connection between yeast infections and acne?

#8 CJAloe

CJAloe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

I am so glad you found a way to handle the condition.
I have been left with marks on my face after acne in my early years. After more than 10 years of trying different products, I just gave up.
2 years ago I was introduced to Aloe Vera products. Growing older, I started using Aloe products to stay healthy. I drink Aloe Vera gel. My face creams are all Aloe Vera based. Even the makeup I use has Aloe Vera in it.

The totally unexpected but welcome result of this is that all the marks on my face have lightened considerably. And this in only 2 years. I was amazed! I am so impressed with the products that I started selling it online.
It's not expensive and the results are amazin. Start by using the juice and face cream. I can suggest specific ones for you if you can give me some more information.
For immediate relief on your face and back I can suggest the following creams.
1. Aloe Vera Gelly
2. Aloe Propolis Creme

There are 2 different lines of daily creams that I use every day, depending on your preference.
Try the serum, R3 & moisturing cream

If you combine this with detoxing from inside, you'll see a remarkable improvement in your skin and quality of life in a few months.
Whats next?
Go to www.aloe-vera-products.co.za and sign up for the monthly newsletter
Click on the 'order now' to go to the website to see more information and order your products.

You can order from anywhere in the world and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Instructions on the website www.aloe-vera-products.co.za