Thigh Acne

5 replies to this topic

#1 soogently

soogently

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Is it normal to have acne only on the face and the front part of the thighs? I don't have acne on the chest, back, arms... I think its a bit strange. While I think the acne on my face may be hormonal, I am not sure about the acne on the thighs. Maybe the sport, or wearing jeans that cause irritation. By the way I am male. Does this happen to any of you?

#2 5ive

5ive

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Sometimes I get this when I wear jeans that are too tight (acne mechanica I think its called). Also you might be allergic to something you are eating. I completely broke out after having a lot of milk and one of the pimples I got was on my thigh!

If your jeans aren't too tight, I think this type of acne shows you that your acne is cause by hormones and that you are more prone to it. Its not your fault!

#3 ClearDreaming

ClearDreaming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

I had a boyfriend with completely clear skin (or you'd have thought) but he used to have acne on his thighs. I'm not sure why it is, but I always wondered if it was due to aggravation due to rubbing (trousers, or his other thigh I guess). Might be worth checking if they are ingrown hairs instead.

#4 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Are you sure its acne? Folliculitis on the thighs and buttocks is common in males. You might want to use a body wash with SA to help clear it up.

#5 soogently

soogently

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

I didn't know about folliculitis until now, and from the info I read on the internet, i think that my problem is more likely to be folliculitis than acne on my thighs. Thank you very much. By the way, what effective body wash with SA would you recommend to take care of this folliculitis?

#6 alaskahaynes

alaskahaynes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Ingrown hairs tend to look a lot like pustules (white heads). Try a salicylic acid wash, and topical ointment. Salicylic acid is an exfoliant. You could even crush an asprin (It's the same stuff. Salicylic acid is derived from willow bark) and make a paste out of it. The most avaliable would be Neutrogena body clear wash. Burt's bees also makes some, too.

Edited by alaskahaynes, 18 April 2012 - 12:32 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users