accutane acne ice pick redness retin-a stress prescription help

2 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie123

Eddie123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hello people, I never thought I’d share my story with others but I just can’t take it anymore and I need to open up. Since I can remember, I’ve always been concerned with good looks. I always had perfect skin and I don’t want to sound cocky or whatever but I felt like one lucky son of a bitch with the girls. My life changed around the age of 16 when I started having terrible acne. I’m talking huge change. I would avoid going out in public, having friends, and I even had to finish high school online. And for those wondering, no, I am not exaggerating when I say terrible acne, it’s not the “terrible acne” Katy Perry talks about…I mean bumps in my face and blood pimples. Every single day I’d be miserable and under so much stress. And it was just inevitable not to pop them, which is another major issue because now i have ice pick scars in the center part of my cheeks. And even nowadays I still get a few pimples with blood in them which I avoid to pop, but as I wash my face sometimes it happens and I get a new small ice pick scar. I am 21 years old now. Sure, my acne is not as bad as it used to be but thanks to that it caused me to develop high blood pressure, anxiety and too much stress; thankfully I control it with daily medication. Thanks to my insurance Ive been able to see a dermatologist for the past 2 years and shes been prescribing me different creams and antibiotics but nothing has worked. I believe I haven’t been able to enjoy the best years of my life and it has definitely ruined my love life as well. I had 1 laser surgery to improve my ice pick scars which cost me a thousand dollars and I saw little improved but I need to get a few more to see a true change but I don’t think it’s worth it if I will continue to get new ice pick scars. Now, my dermatologist has said it’s time for me to be on accutane. I’ve heard a billion different things from everyone and I am truly scared. She has said that I can personally talk with people who have been on accutane but I’m still scared to take the first step. Keep in mind that I’ve been on high blood pressure medicine since I was 18 and I’m scared to put more chemicals into my body. I eat healthy, I don’t drink and I don’t smoke which is a plus I guess. Oh, even my main doctor told me Accutane would change my life, I don’t know if he was exaggerating but I am so lost right now I don’t know what to do. I’ve taken FEW college courses in classroom but I am ONCE AGAIN taking online courses because I can’t deal with the frustration and embarrassment of thinking others are looking at my face.
Should I take a risk and get on accutane seeing it’s my “last” option? Are the side effects for real? My dermatologist told me I’d have to be in it for just 5 months.
Sorry if this was WAY TOO LONG but I’d like to get some opinions on the medication, experiences, long term side effects, etc. Oh, I have a family history of colon polyps (Father & uncle) and this scares me that I could do any damage to my stomach or colon…….aside from my blood pressure…seriously...I am disappointed in myself, I feel miserable...and sad….I feel that my life has been on pause to deal with these issues…I hate this...

Thank you!

#2 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Should I take a risk and get on accutane seeing it’s my “last” option?

I say go for it. RELAX, be CALM and LEVEL HEADED. Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. It seems like it coulde really do some good for you.

#3 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

My friend suffers from high blood pressure and she's been on Accutane. Luckily, it hasn't had a negative effect on her. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users