Photo

My Progress Thread

vitamin vitamins vitamin d garlic ginger gluten red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

I honestly have not tried a banana since I started this diet a year and a half ago, mainly due to initially avoiding high sugar/glycemic foods. Haven't gotten around to reintroducing it yet. I've been sticking to berries as my main fruit intake, but lately I've been moderating it again, only going for it when it's in season.

FODMAPs involves avoiding short chain carbohydrates and monosaccharides. It's an ancronym for all the main scientific sources you should avoid. It essentially involves starving the bad bacteria in your gut and aids in poor absorption.

Herbs are a godsend! I've never heard of herbs breaking out people before. Weird. That sucks.

Hey man, you have AMAZING self-control. No banana for a year and half? I eat a banana once a month, not sure if that is safe for me though.

Can you eat an unlimited amount of ground beef without breaking out (granted it is grass-fed).

Do you eat any dairy at all (i.e. cheeses or butter)?

Also, regarding avocados... isn't two avocados a day too much avocados? Do you still eat two avocados a day, or do you alternate it with something else?

Which name-brand extra virgin olive oil do you consume?

#22 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

This thread has really inspired me to get my diet on track, which I have been doing for the past few days, but I've definitely made some mistakes already...

I've ate quite a few bananas, thinking I was doing a good thing! I'll remember bananas (all the time) are a no-no from now on.

I'm not entirely sure where to start though...I can easily cut out dairy, but you never know what contains wheat and gluten these days. What things should I avoid by all costs? Don't worry I won't derail the thread haha, I just want some tips then I'll leave! smile.png

Thanks! 

Edited by LewisS, 07 May 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#23 takenimpulse

takenimpulse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

There's nothing explicitly wrong about consuming a banana once a month, or a couple times a week for that matter. It all depends on your goals and individual body needs. For me it was about initially adopting a low sugar/glycemic load diet. But honestly, I'm not that crazy about fruit as most are. I'd rather load up on leafy greens and meat! :P

Can you eat an unlimited amount of ground beef without breaking out (granted it is grass-fed).

Also, regarding avocados... isn't two avocados a day too much avocados? Do you still eat two avocados a day, or do you alternate it with something else?

1) I eat quite a fair amount of beef (not always grass fed, but I 98% mostly try to go for hormone & anti-biotic free), but I also make sure to rotate it with other ruminating animals (lamb, goat, elk, buffalo).

2) Dairy is out for me. I just have no inclination towards consuming it ever again. Not to say that I'm against others consuming it, just my personal choice.

3) Yes, it probably was (especially on a weekdaily basis, which goes against my rotation diet), but I was wanting to get in those extra calories. No, I don't eat avocados daily anymore, since I wanted to adopt a low omega-6 diet. I can see myself adding them back in with a daily rotation of nuts or EVOO.

4) ^ See above. I was buying something called Saporito, or something like that. A good bottle of EVOO should state the acidity content.

What things should I avoid by all costs? Don't worry I won't derail the thread haha, I just want some tips then I'll leave! smile.png

Thanks! 

No problem. Well, I would say look into and adopt the paleo diet for starters, but that's my bias. tongue.png Probably obvious, but avoid processed/packaged foods, sugar, gluten, soy & [controversially] dairy. Once you get into "healthy" foods that could possibly cause acne, it gets... complicated. I would suggest doing your own research and gauging your priorities from there. The top common food allergies are: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.

Edited by takenimpulse, 09 May 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#24 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

There's nothing explicitly wrong about consuming a banana once a month, or a couple times a week for that matter. It all depends on your goals and individual body needs. For me it was about initially adopting a low sugar/glycemic load diet. But honestly, I'm not that crazy about fruit as most are. I'd rather load up on leafy greens and meat! tongue.png

1) I eat quite a fair amount of beef (not always grass fed, but I 98% mostly try to go for hormone & anti-biotic free), but I also make sure to rotate it with other ruminating animals (lamb, goat, elk, buffalo).

2) Dairy is out for me. I just have no inclination towards consuming it ever again. Not to say that I'm against others consuming it, just my personal choice.

3) Yes, it probably was (especially on a weekdaily basis, which goes against my rotation diet), but I was wanting to get in those extra calories. No, I don't eat avocados daily anymore, since I wanted to adopt a low omega-6 diet. I can see myself adding them back in with a daily rotation of nuts or EVOO.

4) ^ See above. I was buying something called Saporito, or something like that. A good bottle of EVOO should state the acidity content.

>

What things should I avoid by all costs? Don't worry I won't derail the thread haha, I just want some tips then I'll leave! smile.png

Thanks! 

No problem. Well, I would say look into and adopt the paleo diet for starters, but that's my bias. tongue.png Probably obvious, but avoid processed/packaged foods, sugar, gluten, soy & [controversially] dairy. Once you get into "healthy" foods that could possibly cause acne, it gets... complicated. I would suggest doing your own research and gauging your priorities from there. The top common food allergies are: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.

how much grams of beef do you consume per meal (or whatever meal you do consume it)?

Also, what fat sources make the bulk of your diet now?

#25 takenimpulse

takenimpulse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

1 lb. I've eaten upwards of 2 lbs before. I would actually like to make that the norm, but due to convenience and money...

Meat, fish, coconut & macadmia nuts

Edited by takenimpulse, 11 May 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#26 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

2 lbs? Isn't that like 1.4k cals of meat?

#27 takenimpulse

takenimpulse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yes sir. Roughly between 1400-1800 calories.

#28 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yes sir. Roughly between 1400-1800 calories.

I dont know why, but when I follow a paleo diet where I eat lots of grass fed beef and fat, I get really bad stomach aches. I am afraid this is going to lead to breakouts.

What the hell should I eat instead? 

#29 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Did you notice less bloating and gas when you eliminated your trigger foods? Cos that's a sign that your gut is starting to heal

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **