oily skin moisturizer cleanser newbie the regimen

1 reply to this topic

#1 VioletRose88

VioletRose88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hi. I came across this site recently, and after doing some research, I decided to try out The Regimen. I've ordered the acne.org products yesterday and I'm waiting for them to arrive. I've read about how important it is to follow The Regimen precisely, but I'm wondering if I can use less moisturizer because I have oily skin, and I've never used a moisturizer on my face before. If I use a lesser amount of the cleanser and moisturizer than what was suggested, will The Regimen still work? Two full pumps seems a bit much to me. Can I use one pump instead? Why do we have to use two full pumps of each? The products are also quite costly, so I don't want them to run out too quickly.

Thanks in advance for your help. Posted Image

#2 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hi,
I have oily skin too, and let me tell you no matter what you do you're always going to have oily skin lol. My teacher always says it's lucky of us with oily skin because we will always look young, while anyone with dry skin will wrinkle and look older faster =P
anyway. since you're new to moisturizing, you might find that a moisturizer actually helps diminish your oil. Maybe you're oily because your skin is over dry and it's working to fix the problem? or you could be like me and it's just oily. Neutrogena makes an oil free moisturizer called "combination skin" and that helps moisturize and stop the shine. I do like that moisturizer, but with all the BP I use, it's not enough to prevent flakes. So really, once you're far into the regimen and get past the dry skin, all you'll really want is a moisturized face, you won't care if you're a little shiny. you can always use oil blotting sheets =)

also try to do the regimen exactly as dan recommends. if you feel like it's too much for your face you can reduce it but don't until you try it.

Edited by whatthekell, 06 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users