Photo

Any Insight On Lush Products?

cleanser lush soap regimine fresh farmacy oils cetaphil united kingdom britain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Claire Missy Barton

Claire Missy Barton

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi guys, I'm struggling really hard to find a cleanser in the UK. I've looked at alot and they have alot of pore clogging stuff! :(

(i do the dkr regimine , using panoxyl and cetaphil cream) just cant get a cleanser!

I used to use acne.org cleanser, but since customs in UK lowered the Custom value fee to anything over £15 gets a charge, anything i order now will come with a huge customs fee of £22 it's terrible. :(

I can't get hold of cetaphil anymore either the product has come so hard to come across, :( and do be honest when you wash your face it never feels that clean

I live right by a lush store but never really tried anything from there, they have a soap and they say it's GENTLE which was words i was looking for.

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction, Elderflower Decoction, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Lavender Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rose Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume

This is whats inside, I don't really have any problems with SLS, my main concern is the, rapeseed oil and coconut oils, if it's too heavy for acne prone skins?

icant really find much on rapeseed oil, at all, :( any help on this would be very much appriciated.

also if anyone knows if there body soap would be ok as well?

thanks. :)

#2 Tat77

Tat77

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Do you mean the Fresh Farmacy soap?I'm using that on my neck at the moment.It's gentler than Coalface from Lush.I bought their Teatree Water toner and Grease Lightning recently and they are mild,but the Grease Lightning hasn't been helping me with redness from pimples,or making them go away quicker.

#3 English_Rose

English_Rose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

I have used Lush body and hair products in the past but never used them on my face.

For a cleanser my recommendation would either be Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish or Elemis sensitive face wash.

#4 Chinup89

Chinup89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

I LOVE Lush *nomnom* smell sooo good. But I agree with the above poster, I wouldn't use their cleansers on my face. Used their face masks on occasion with no problems.
I'm using Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser atm for my oily skin. It's very gentle, ph balanced, easily available in Boots and I've been using it for months with no breakouts. Here's the ingredient list if you want to check it out:
(Sorry for the angry caps, was written like that on their website and I'm too lazy to fix it xD)

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). WATER (AQUA). DECYL GLUCOSIDE. POLYSORBATE 20. CETEARETH-60 MYRISTYL GLYCOL. DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE. GLYCERIN. SODIUM LAUROYL. SARCOSINATE. METHYL GLUCETH-20. BENZOIC ACID. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. CUCURBITA PEPO (PUMPKIN) SEED OIL (CUCURBITA PEPO). DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). GREEN 5 (Cl 61570). LACTIC ACID. PHENOXYETHANOL. YELLOW 5 (Cl 19140). ZINC GLUCONATE

Edited by Chinup89, 29 April 2012 - 02:01 AM.

"help me help myself, so that i may help others. help me realize my true beauty. help me ask for what i know i deserve. help me give more, worry less and love myself"

#5 PLONKER

PLONKER

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Fresh Farmacy broke me out BADLY with cysts. Awful stuff.

#6 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

anymore insight on Fresh Farmacy? I've been looking into it.

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

#7 lair de rien

lair de rien

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've had a completely different experience with Lush face cleansers than every one else it seems! I've never used Fresh Farmacy as I've always had dry skin, but I have used Angels on Bare Skin for about 3 years now; it is by far my favourite face wash. I don't use any other wash, nor have I ever thought to (which in my opinion is the sign of a decent product). I started using it while my acne was flaring up (severe, very painful) and while I wasn't on any acne treatments. It helped even my skin tone very quickly (~3 days) and definitely helped me reduce the amount and frequency of moderate acne on my face. I think it still helps to take the 'hit' off of any spots that I do get to this day. Usage wise it lasts a VERY long time, I'd estimate ~6-9 months if not longer. 

Before buying a Lush cleanser, however, I would recommend going into the shop and asking for samples - just because you can. Get samples of all of the ones you want to try - they've never said no to me before. Then you can know whether you like them or not and not have to commit to a big tub. 

#8 Geeking

Geeking

Nowhere Fast. Lightning Fast.

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I wish I had a store near me, I have to order online (just soaps, basics).

"...But for now we are young, let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see..."

#9 lair de rien

lair de rien

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I wish I had a store near me, I have to order online (just soaps, basics).

Well, if you're still interested in their cleansers, you can always order one with ingredients you know are OK for your face. I apply this to absolutely anything that I buy, Lush or otherwise, and it hasn't failed me. I always recommend samples beforehand because it's easy to get swept away by advertising or packaging if you don't look at the composition (i.e. because a product says 'Gentle' on it it'll be gentle for your skin, which is complete fabrication). At the end of the day every cleanser will be suited for different people because everybody's skin is unique. 

Worst case scenario is that if you feel that the ingredients are OK, you get it and it doesn't work for your face, you can always use it to clean somewhere else. Why not dive in and give it a go? :)

#10 seekingadvice

seekingadvice

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

My routine on lush products is angels on bare skin then tea tree water then vanishing cream! Literally leaves my skin feeling so soft and cleansed!

#11 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Try black soap.  It has very limited ingredients and no chemicals.  I use SheaMoisture black soap, but I do not think they are available in the UK yet.  You want to get raw black soap.  A $10 bar will last you six months if you cut it up into smaller pieces.

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion  SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer 

PM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash  ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask /  moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed 

#12 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

I went to Lush the other day and most of their products contain SLS and whole host of other harsh chemicals. They have great products for the body, not so much for the face! :P

#13 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Try black soap.  It has very limited ingredients and no chemicals.  I use SheaMoisture black soap, but I do not think they are available in the UK yet.  You want to get raw black soap.  A $10 bar will last you six months if you cut it up into smaller pieces.

You can order african black soap in the UK on the Akamuti website - its the fairtrade/organic/raw stuff, I tried Fresh Farmacy cleanser from Lush and the ABS is just so much better. (and less ingredients and no chemicals).

#14 real maverick

real maverick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

If you're in the UK, you can't go wrong with Johnson's baby top-to-toe wash. It's super cheap and about as good as you'll find. Excellent alternative to Acne.org Cleanser.

#15 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

check reviews -- http://www.acne.org/...t-in-the-world/

and remember to review

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> Cure Acne Guide <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerousmuch comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence. 

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

* evil people have profiteered off of the expense of others long enough,

* so remember im only sharing this guide for those Few people

* that will actually care and appreciate it. im doing you a Huge favour~