Photo

Bodybuilding supplements

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 knicks3

knicks3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:58 PM

I am starting accutane today. I didnt realize it would effect my working out. Andro's of any kind are out of the question Im sure.

Anyone in here workout? Whats safe? Creatine?

#2 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:04 PM

I work out regularly and every supplement i've tried has broken me out BADLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I mean like REALY bad!! Worst one being creatine. i had never seen pimples like that on my face and i wasn't overdosing or anything.... goign by directions.

recently, i decided i'll start taking protein since i knew Creatine was out of quesiton for me but i wanted to take something........ not surprisngly this broke me out HUGELY too for a few weeks the pimles kept coming.

i'd sugges you stay away and just work out naturally like i do. My six pack and grea body form is there now but i'm not BIG.... but i can't be until acne goes away anyways because i'm not sacrificing my face to have a bit bigger biceps.

#3 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

I had my worst breakout in my life due to Creatine.

That stuff is pure sugar and refined carbs like that are BAD... very bad.

Stay away. im barely recovering from that right now... its been about a month and im doing better,, all natural

#4 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Sep 24 2004, 10:38 PM)

Stay away. im barely recovering from that right now... its been about a month and im doing better,, all natural

View Post

Creatine itself has no sugar...you must be talking about the creatine with special "delivery system". I wouldn't use that either...

[sig-img:479]

#5 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Jimmy @ Sep 24 2004, 06:38 PM)

View Post

Yup same here. Creatine gave me the worst breakout of my life and took away a MONTH of my life.

then being the idiot i am, a year later i tried Protein shakes so no creatine and same happeneed sad.gif

So fuck supplements for now...... I'll get bigger when i beat acne but till then i'll keep working out naturally.

#6 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(sinashgh @ Sep 24 2004, 09:16 PM)
Yup same here. Creatine gave me the worst breakout of my life and took away a MONTH of my life.

then being the idiot i am, a year later i tried Protein shakes so no creatine and same happeneed sad.gif

So fuck supplements for now...... I'll get bigger when i beat acne but till then i'll keep working out naturally.

View Post

thats how i feel. With protein shakes, I have to use milk and two glasses at that, twice a day.. thats 4 cups of milk. I didnt realize it then but now that I look back, protein shakes were also a contributing factor with my battle over acne.

And I apologzie.. it wasnt just pure creatine. I got this EAS creatine plus powder you mix with water... it's like three times as sugary and strong as a normal glass of koolaid.

33 carbs, 33 sugar carbs per scoop.

#7 knicks3

knicks3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:53 AM

Its really sad that this "condition" limits these things. How did you guys respond to protein from food choices? Creatine is great but you can live without it. Protein however needs to be high or you cant grow. Im going to try various food choices to see what works and what doesnt.

#8 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:08 AM

I use GlycerLean by Designer Whey. It's just time released whey protein, and it's really low in sugar/carbs. Easy to mix too. I've never taken creatine and don't plan to so I don't know whether or not it would break me out. I don't even care if protein supplaments do break me out (although I doubt they do), I would rather have a few zits and an amazing physique than no acne and no physique.
Acne sux

#9 stever82

stever82

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:09 PM

Bottom line is if u wanna get bigger your gonna need protein. Its up to you to choose what you want , do u wanna get bigger or do u wanna get clearer skin

#10 deadliftda

deadliftda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

I have been bodybuilding for 16 years and battling acne for 20 (on and off). Most would say I am a pretty serious lifter. This is what I can tell you from my own experiences:

Heavy weightlifting in general will spike your natural testosterone levels. If you lift heavy, you may notice yourself, at times, feeling a little short tempered or impatient- especially the day after a heavy session. This is due to the natural test elevating. This can cause breakouts.

I have never broke out from creatine. However, I never mixed it with all the sugar that most of the companies promote. Try buying pure creatine (just the white powder) and mixing it with oatmeal. I truly don't believe you need all the sugar that these companies try to sell as "transport systems". The sugar will leave you bloated. Not to mention cause breakouts because of the ectremely excessive amounts of sugar ingested.

As far as extra protein goes, I can only say that I regularly ingested 300 grams from lean meats, protein powders and, yes, even milk. I cannot say I could ever correlate a breakout with protein.

Stay away from andros and steroids at all costs. Usually you will not break out while on them, but when you come off, your hormones will be off balance and NOTHING will control the breakouts until your liver values and natural test levels are restored.

I really feel that some breaking out has got to be expected from bodybhuilding. It is just part of the territoy. ome might not agree. But that has been my experience.

#11 canuckman

canuckman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:07 PM

I used to think their was a connection between acne and protein shakes but after I took a 6 month break from working out and protein shakes my acne didn't improve at all. eusa_doh.gif

#12 andy777

andy777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:31 PM

I have been using whey protien shakes and tribulus while accutane and haven't noticed any break outs...

#13 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:46 PM

great read deadlifta!!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge/experience with us!