scar accutane hypertrophic keloid rolling red

2 replies to this topic

#1 abalabazn

abalabazn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

I had severe cystic acne for about 6 months before I started accutane. Now that I'm on the tane, the cysts have calmed down, but I still break out every month. The worst part is that I didn't start accutane before I was left with these giant, hypertrophic scars. Some are pretty raised to the point that they look like acne itself, but it's not, they're cysts. All of them are extremely red. I attached some pics, any help at all would be appreciated. This is really hurting me psychologically.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (8).JPG
  • photo (9).JPG

#2 *Can*I*Live*

*Can*I*Live*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

some gentle exfoliation perhaps...? thats just what my gut is telling me. be sure to do as much research as you can on this.
The name is a referance to a song from the Reasonable Doubt album. Incase you were wondering...

#3 charlie700

charlie700

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi, there :) I haven't experienced hypertrophic scarring, but some have successfully flattened raised scars by using silicone sheets. Don't lose courage! It's demoralizing and extremely stressful to deal with acne *and* scarring, but think of how the options for treating scars continue to improve. I had indented scarring on both cheeks for over a decade, and I had resigned myself to living with scars, but they've shown improvement under a new treatment. A year ago, I would have thought that was an impossibility.

I don't know whether you ought to treat scars while on Accutane; it's something your dermatologist can tell you. But I hope it's a comfort to you that when you're ready, treatments do exist to reduce the appearance of scars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users