The Differin Diaries

503 replies to this topic

#501 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

On four months of differin use and skin is all broken out as it was before treatment. My expectations for improvement is zilch. Feeling like crap.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#502 Smillie24

Smillie24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:04 AM

Been on differin 0.1% gel for just one week. Was prescribed it for super oily skin and hyperpigmentation/old red scars from where I used to have acne on my cheeks.

What a fantastic product. Within one week the redness of my scars/hyperpigmentatuon has gone down by about 60%. My skin is no longer oily or greasy. It has dried my skin out significantly - a little bit of discomfort and peeling but nothing unbearable. A couple of times i've taken a night off to let my skin stop peeling. It really does work wonders

Ok, so I don't have full blown acne and can't speak for those who do.... but it really has stopped my skin being so oily. Haven't had a single spot since starting the treatment. I'd say that, personally, the discomfort and dry skin has been well worth it.

#503 danyelleelayne

danyelleelayne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:15 AM

hey all

I'm 29 and just started differin 0.3 and minocycline 50mg BID 2 weeks ago. I've been reading this blog recently to hear others experiences. I'm really hoping this is what gets me clear before I go into my 30's!

My background - I've suffered from acne ever since I can remember. As a teen I was put on multiple topical creams, atbs, diuretics, birth control, you name it! I went through two rounds of accutane that cleared most pimples, but left blackheads and bumps under my skin. For the last 3 years I have tried multiple OTC treatments and some helped, but nothing cleared me, including the regimen (BP is too drying for my skin). I decided to try going to have professional extractions at a dermatologist. My esthetician wanted me to see a dermatologist for a perscription and that lead me to what I am doing now.

Reading through all of the previous posts has me hopeful and discouraged at this same time.

I'm definitely going through the IB with so many of the bumps coming to the surface. My blackheads on my nose have decreased in just the 2 weeks of using differin. My forehead and chin look horrific. Especially in certain lighting. You can see hundreds of bumps all over . It's exciting to see them finally surfacing, but it sucks going through it!

I've decided to continue with differin for at the least 6 months before switching to something stronger. I'm hoping to hear more encouraging experiences on this blog because I think we all need it!

#504 ihateusernamesx

ihateusernamesx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love make-up, gaming & aviation. Another great interest of mine is trying to achieve clear skin 😊

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:41 PM

Jeez I just read through ALL of this and it's been enlightening!
I am on week 7 of Differin 0.1.
Had just finished my 2nd course of accutane and within 3 months I had 50+ closed comedones spread over my cheeks. My derm gave me Differin and I was skeptical because topicals have never worked for me before. Then I did my research and the skepticalness turned into fear from horror stories of IB's!
Coming up for nearly 2 months of using this I couldn't be happier!
I had no horrifc IB. In fact in hindsight I didn't even realise I was having one because I expected massive cysts and papules. In fact most of the comedones seemed to have melted away and the few that became inflamed didn't even grow much bigger!
Week 5 I was 100% clear but I had a slight breakout on Week 6 but I was literally 2 tiny whiteheads and one moderate sized papule. This has gone and I am clear again (for now :P )
My skin is smooth and the texture has improved to the best it's been since I was honestly about 11 which was 13 years ago...! I hope things improve further because this is really working for me and maybe some scar reduction would be nice but I'm not gonna get upset if it doesn't fix that!
Just throwing my 2 cents in for anyone who is deliberating over whether to use Differin!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users