Photo

soy powder....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:31 PM

Will soy protein powder make me break out....the kind that is used for protein to gain muscle.......

#2 kl1nm2

kl1nm2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

actually, my understanding is that it will help you not to break out. check the ingredients to see if it contains isoflavones.

#3 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:05 PM

ok...the next time I go to the store ill check it....and are isoflavones a good or bad thing....and what are some ingredients I should try and avoid.....stuff that might be in soy protein powder,,,,,,,,......

#4 dantecubit

dantecubit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

You should try to stick to soy that is minimally processed and cultured... miso, tempeh, etc. I read about a study where rats were given various soy products. Some can actually promote cancer (at least in rats). isoflavones are the estrogen-like substances in soy that are generally accepted as good for you. Hope this helps.

P.S. for bulking up whey protein is better
Plaquoid-mucous cleansing-type junk, liver flushing, colloidal silver, coral calcium... these are definitely NOT part of my regimen

#5 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

yo buddy DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I had plans of getting big and mascular too since i work out everyday but it's a DEFINTE NO NO for people with serious acne conditions like me and you probably since you're on this board.

I've tried Protein that i put in my milk and Creatien... (not at same time) in fact a year apart and both of them made me REGRET VERY BADLY!!!!!!!!

HAve you ever had a breakout where you didn't want to leave the house?? now multiply that by 10 and that's what i'm afraid will happen to you if you take that protein.

i know this might scare you but that's why i'm trying to do...... i dont want you to suffer like i did just 3 weeks ago by taking WHEY protein.

i only took it for 4 days but it broke me out so bad and unfortunaly pimples that it gives you KEEEP coming for a few weeks.

only 2 days ago my pimples stopped and i'm pretty sure it was from those protein.

take at your own risk.

#6 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

I dont know if my acne is all that bad...I have 1 pimple right now....

what about lifting weights....will that make me get serious acne?

What about eating alot of protein filled food...... such as eating peanuts, tuna, steak, porkchops, chicken, turkey, salmon, beek jerky etc etc etc....

And what about eating alot of peanuts....cause since I go to school...I cant exactly eat a steak in school....

or should I just forget about weightlifting and getting muscular.......and just be skinny and weak....???????d blink.gif

#7 Chloe646

Chloe646

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:55 PM

Stay away from soy protein, I don't know what it can do to guys but it made my mild acne horedndous and left me with scars, plus it made me seriously il... FYI IT IS NOT GENERALLLY ACCEPTED AS SAFE, The safety of isoflavcones is up for debate and EVERY scientist seruously questions its safety. Look up the actual studies reseraxch and documents not bullshit media reports, Even the stupi lying FDA says they qustion isoflavone safety. It f*cked me up horribley and wrecked a perfectly good complexion.
The warmth of the sun reminds her of the day-she remembers the day when things were going her way-only memories remain-of the way she used to be-She stays home every night and exaggerates her past..all the old photographs were never thrown away-what made her cry-she'll never go back again-the way she used to be

#8 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(zero @ Sep 25 2004, 04:16 PM)
I dont know if my acne is all that bad...I have 1 pimple right now....

what about lifting weights....will that make me get serious acne?

What about eating alot of protein filled food...... such as eating peanuts, tuna, steak, porkchops, chicken, turkey, salmon, beek jerky etc etc etc....

And what about eating alot of peanuts....cause since I go to school...I cant exactly eat a steak in school....

or should I just forget about weightlifting and getting muscular.......and just be skinny and weak....???????d blink.gif

View Post

You know how you have 1 pimple right now.... well try protein or creatine or any other supplement and you'll have 100!!!
It's hell man and i dont want you to go through that.

SHould you not lift weights?? No you defintely should. I do.... I workout everyday. I just dont take an supplements. It makes you look better and gives you more confidence. Dont call yourself weak either.... if you do you'll never believei n yourself..... workout.... lift weights.... sweat.... and be athletic and then wash your face clean after sweat.

also eat chicken... turkey and just GOOD FOOD!! Only time protein and stuff give me acne is when they come like supplements and are isolated not when they're in food with 100 other nutritions/minerals.

I can't personally comment about peanuts though as i havent ate them to have any + or - experiences.

work out man... get stronger... have six pack ilke me wink.gif and when our pimples go away i'll start getting BIGGER and BULKINg up... for now though i'm getting STRONGER by each workout... so do your best and i hope i helped.