4 replies to this topic

#1 verge grams

verge grams

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hi everyone,

I like many others have suffered with a problem for a couple of decades now. The problem is acne, I have had acne since around twelve years of age. I always thought it would go away when I became an adult, but twenty years later and it's still present. Acne can be somewhat embarrissing and I tried everything in the book to help fight it. No matter what i've tried though nothing seems to work. So I humbly ask anyone in this forum with any knowledge of acne (more specifically The termination of it) Could you please help me ? Any and all submissions will greatly be appreciated.

#2 mckay44

mckay44

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Accutane is awesome do u have rosacea or acne?

#3 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

What have you done? Are you seeing a derm? Sometimes things that didn't work when younger will work better when you're older...especially if you've done a course of accutane. But if not...there's still tons of regimes. Your derm will experiment to find which one is right for you. See below for the one I am on right now...geez --- it's complicated but it works and without being on antibiotics which is a first for me. Some of us have complicated cases and require a complicated kind of treatment that attacks acne on several fronts...diet, pore function, sebum production, cell turnover, acne bacteria, etc. Some people are lucky and only have to use one or two products to get clear. But usually with adult acne it takes a multi-prong approach...done all at the same time. Sometimes at full strength till things clear up and then at a maintenance mode. Often adult acne has to be treated for all of one's life...because it is more about how the pores genetically are not functioning well rather than the surge of hormones usually associated with adolescence.

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#4 wingedserpent

wingedserpent

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

But usually with adult acne it takes a multi-prong approach...done all at the same time.

I agree with that. There appears to be a synergistic effect with multi-treatment approaches.

#5 ctbo

ctbo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

I have had acne longer than you have and it seems most things the derm gives like retin a or aczone etc make it only go away somewhat with me.I want to go on Accutane so i can end it for good.im really tired of acne i have had it for years and years.i want to try Accutane but i hear it can make you break out really bad at first.but my derm told me he would start at a low dose then after a few months raise the dose up does this sound right to anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users