pain acne pop

2 replies to this topic

#1 Karin Maaka

Karin Maaka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I am 23 years old. I have had pretty bad acne since I was about 13 years old. The worst part is that my acne is so painful. When it starts to swell and become visible, it also becomes painful and I feel like I need to pop it to take the pain away. The black heads aren't painful unless they are near my lips. I have tried many over the counter medicated face washes and none of them have reduced the pain associated with the acne. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I am unable to see a dermatologist. Thanks in advance!

#2 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Why can't you see a dermatologist? Painful acne is usually deep acne that may cause scarring and you want to avoid that. You can ice painful lumps and also take ibuprofen for the pain. Tylenol works too. Avoid dairy...it has hormones that can make acne worse. Usually deep acne requires prescription medications. Although Dan's routine is good too because the BP kills the acne bacteria which in turn is causing the inflammation and painful infection. But your acne may even be too deep for BP and you may need to do monthly microdermabrasions to help open the pores so the BP can get in them better to kill the acne bacteria.

If you're not going to a dermatologist because of cost...think instead of it as being an investment in your skin's future. I suffered needlessly for years trying all kinds of natural and low cost remedies but nothing worked until I saw a dermatologist. Meanwhile I got scarring both physical and emotional. Don't do this to yourself. These days there are many ways a derm can help. Just be sure to be up front about your finances and exactly how your skin is behaving. Take pics so the derm can see what it looks like when really inflamed. This helps!

Status - 99.9% clear

Morning - Panoxyl 4 Cleanser (BP), Cleocin-T, DML Lotion, Physician's Formula SPF 30 Mineral Pressed Powder, Spiro 100 mg

Night - Cetaphil Antibacterial Bar, DML Lotion

Monthly - Professional microdermabrasion

Diet - Whole high nutrient unprocessed foods.  Avoid oils, dairy, sugars, bread, nuts, alcohol, caffeine, and fermented foods.

Supplements - Opti l-zinc, citrical + D3

Daily - Walk, breath deeply, meditate and do yoga daily, wear hats for sun protection 

#3 looknoo

looknoo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Maybe you could try changing your diet too. Avoid sugary food/drinks instead drink water. Focus on your nutrition. Try having fruits and vegetables in every meal. I believe that it might be a good idea to heal from the inside. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users