Photo

Acne Scar Treatment Diary / Tca Cross Method - With Photos

scar treatments acne acne type scars tca adult acne candida makeup make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

i have a question. i have a indented scar for about 6 mounths.. It was very ugly, but now it has almost disapared.. It been 6 months and it 50% gone. Do i have a change in the next 6 months to fade 80%??

No one can answer that question for you. You're asking us to predict whether your body will heal itself. That's impossible. You might see improvement and you might not. If it really bothers you, seek advice from a dermatologist.

#22 AnnonmMam

AnnonmMam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

i am asking if there is a change to heal if i moist and take vitamin c and b6 every day...
That is what i am asking. If there is a change to heal and fill up with colagen..
so??

#23 Meg M

Meg M

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm sorry that I've left this forum for a while. I've been working 50-hr weeks. I hope your skin is much better than it was, Gracie. Let us know how you've progressed when you get a chance. I think I'm going to make an appt for TCA CROSS soon.

Edited by Meg M, 09 June 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#24 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

i am asking if there is a change to heal if i moist and take vitamin c and b6 every day...
That is what i am asking. If there is a change to heal and fill up with colagen..
so??

it really depends on your body's healing mechanism and damage level of your scars, but i am sure zinc and vitamin would help...!

#25 LZOMG

LZOMG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

so??

No, even thoguh Vitamin A, C, and Zinc are essential for collagen, your body sees a scar as "healed" so its not going to make collagen even though you give it all the vitamins it needs. The only way to get rid of scars is through ablative procedures.

#26 SoontobeMD

SoontobeMD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

so??

Hello AnnonmMam,

Scars of any kind undergo a remodeling process that has visual changes for up to a year. However, the MOST improvement occurs within the first 6 weeks of the initial trauma. Approximately 50% of the total improvement the scar will have can be expected in the first 6 weeks. If you have seen 50% improvement in the scar after 6 months, that is great. You will continue to see improvement for 6 more months, although the rate of improvement will be dramatically reduced. So the answer to your initial question is yes, you have a CHANCE for 80% improvement, and you will certainly see some improvement, but only time will tell how much.

#27 PittyWoman

PittyWoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

I was hoping the original poster came back. I have the same sort of nose scars as her and was wondering how it worked out!

#28 Gracie B

Gracie B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hey Everyone,

Sorry - I know it has been a long time since I updated anyone on my progress. It's been almost 6 months to the day since I had the TCA treatment. Here is an update.

For at least 3 months the treated areas stayed noticeably red. It was very hard to cover up. I was trying to fill in the deep red holes with make-up - let me put it lightly... it was not a good look!

By month 4, my skin started to even out a little bit more and the discoloration wasn't as apparent. In my previous posting I mentioned that many of the treated areas had become noticeably deeper after the treatment. Well, I'm sadly confirming now that is still the case for a majority of my face. The scaring on my nose became deeper and wider. The problem area that I mentioned before in my postings, my chin, (see previous photos), the area treated on the center of my chin - actually did improve! Before it was a giant crater of a hole, over the last 6 months it completely filled in. The only downside is that the area is hyper pigmented and is at least 3 shades lighter than the surrounding skin (better lighter than darker, right? Ha). Besides that one singular improvement, most of the treated areas did not improve much. In contrary, the results are easily negated by the fact that my scars became much deeper ice-pick scaring.

I decided not to do any more TCA treatments.

Last month I went to see another dermatologist because I was having several break-outs. He prescribed me Atralin. OMGGGG.... Why didn't I find this miracle cream earlier!!! I can not even explain how much my complexion has improved. I used to have very dull, combination skin - my T zone was super oily and my checks and jaw line were super dry and flaky. Now my skin has no break-out, is brighter and softer. I also noticed that all my little fine lines around my eyes disappeared... yes, it improved my wrinkles!!! So I went back to his office and asked him about how the cream worked. He said its a type of retinoid ...which is vitamin A derivatives that unclog pores, boost collagen to reduce fine lines, and speed cell turnover to even out discoloration and smooth the skin.

The doctor also said that I should try CO2 Fractional laser to treat my nose scaring. The only downside is that it's SUPER expensive. About $2500+ for your face. I think I'm just going to keep using the miracle cream, Atralin. After all, treatment IS covered by my health insurance and I don't have to come out of pocket for it.