doctors healthcare sugar

110 replies to this topic

#101 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

highly doubt when someone dines at McDonald's they're utterly oblivious that what they're eating is unhealthy. They know, they don't care. It's a fact of life. 

It's not ignorance it's will. You could teach a health class full of unhealthy obese people and try to explain everything you know in regards to nutrition and I guarantee you not one of them would listen to you. 

Doctors sometimes only prescribe a drug to treat a disease that could very well be managed by lifestyle instead only because they know their patients won't stick to a diet. 

Compulsion and addiction is behind obesity, not hidden additives. It's very psychological, trust me. 

????  Why do you keep talking about obesity?  This isn't about obesity. Its about our disaster of a health care system which applies to all people in which the doctors are clueless about nutrition.  

You are awfully dismissive of those obese people, btw. That's mean.  They do listen and learn and make changes and get better.  People obese or not make lifestyle changes and reverse their health care issues. Because that's the right way to do it..

Why would I trust you?  You've said nothing but silly things. 

Edited by alternativista, 28 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#102 Wishonastar

Wishonastar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

Also you are human like everyone else. Your body will break down eventually and you will age and die. It may be sooner then you think despite your best efforts, you never know when the Big C will hit for instance. You aren't immortal just because you indulge in salads with organic dressing, you are going to die one day like everyone else. 

#103 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Also you are human like everyone else. Your body will break down eventually and you will age and die. It may be sooner then you think despite your best efforts, you never know when the Big C will hit for instance. You aren't immortal just because you indulge in salads with organic dressing, you are going to die one day like everyone else. 

More silly pointless comments. I'm going to die???? Oh no.  And you tell me I am hateful and bitter.

The planet is filled with populations with very high numbers of centenarians living healthy active lives. Because they've always eaten a natural diet not loaded with crap and they've lived active lifestyles.  While this country is filled with people on mobility scooters bankrupt by drug costs. 

And I rarely eat salads, btw.  Quit imagining things to make up for what you don't know.

And the fact that you seem to think that obesity is the only negative consequence from our diets shows that you are clueless about health and nutrition. When you eat stuff. Stuff happens.

Edited by alternativista, 11 August 2014 - 09:52 AM.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

#104 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Article reviewing one doctors book on the reliability of medical testing: 

http://articles.merc...t_rid=964452621

I'm curious about the recent Consumer Reports on pesticides & contaminants in food.  Their list of what you should only eat organic and what is ok to have conventionally grown is very different from the EWG.org's Dirty Dozen & Clean 15 lists.  I want to know why it's different.  Has something changed in growing methods in conventional ag? unlikely. Or is there some problem with testing methods.

#105 FvckAcne

FvckAcne

John Dough

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Balls deep in acne research, among other things.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

You are going to die one day like everyone else.

He who dies with the most antioxidants, wins.

Edited by FvckAcne, 07 June 2015 - 10:26 PM.

The only out-of-control weeds that need strangulation at the roots are the corporations themselves.

#106 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:professional editor, researcher & writer.
    Interests: movies, traveling, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle
    My Grocery list (low histamine diet): http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/340189-my-grocery-list/

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

ADHD is not a real disease according to neuroscientist. What do you think of this???
http://themindunleas...oscientist.html
Supplements: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements, magnesium citrate [sometimes]. 

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list: http://www.acne.org/...y-grocery-list/

** Find the cause, find the cure **
** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

#107 FvckAcne

FvckAcne

John Dough

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

The health care system isn't just bad, it's a full-blown scam.

The advent, consumption and promotion of GM crops is nothing more than a power grab and an attempt to control the global food supply through patents and a clandestine operation to subtly poison the population.

A quote from the book silent spring says it perfectly: “It is ironic to think that man might determine his own future by something so seemingly trivial as the choice of an insect spray”. Were it not for the application of these sorts of chemicals during her own time, I'd have to say that the foresight by this author was incredible.

However, the more things change the more they stay the same as they say. Nothing but truth there.

Nothing has really changed since DDT. It's the same old bullshit wrapped up in new packaging and under a different trade name for a new generation. Our entire food supply is a complete joke, and an utter f-ing disaster of epic proportions. The companies that market and sell this trash are an untold burden on the world.

More studies are showing just how bad they are. But had people's common sense not been drowned out by a steady stream of propoganda or simply ignorance of how these companies operate, we might have arrived at a similar conclusion over a decade ago. Now it's to the point that our system is practically beyond repair and it's not like you can count on politicians to do shit about it, because they're probably in bed with those same companies. Hell, last time I checked, hillary clinton is still advocating them.

Edited by FvckAcne, 20 June 2015 - 07:06 PM.

The only out-of-control weeds that need strangulation at the roots are the corporations themselves.

#108 FvckAcne

FvckAcne

John Dough

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

Mood swings, weight gain, joint pain, tummy problems―you name the ailment, there's a pill for it. And you, the American consumer, are helping Big Pharma sell it. Don't believe it? Well, it's happening right before your eyes, and believe it or not, the United States is one of only two countries in the world that allows this to happen.

A "Disgusting, Dishonorable" Way to Create Sales … Legal in Only Two Countries

What I'm talking about is direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising, that barrage of ads you see on TV and in magazines and newspapers, or on the radio and Internet. They're ads telling you to run right out and ask your doctor if this or that pill would be right for you.
Some drug companies have even taken to advertising highly specialized medical devices, like heart stents.
It's a marketing bonanza that's turned America into a medicated mass of people who've been brain-washed into thinking that taking pills will make everything better―even for ailments you might not have. But it's a brilliant move for Big Pharma, who has now turned the consumer into their very own sales rep, and a persuasive one at that. Not only is there a correlation between the amount of money drug companies spend on DTC advertising and the brand of drug patients request from their physicians, but the data shows DTC advertising rapidly converts people into patients.

Haha. There is so muth truth there it's ridiculous.

Here's a quote related to this topic from P. 33 of a book called “The Paradox of Choice: How the culture of abundance robs us of satisfaction” - great book, highly recommended by the way:

The latest indication of the shift in responsibility for medical decisions from doctor to patient is the widespread advertising of prescription drugs that exploded onto the scene after various federal restrictions on such ads were lifted in 1997. Ask yourself what is the point of advertising prescription drugs (antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antiallergy, diet, ulcer – you name it) on prime-time television. We can't just go to the drugstore and buy them. The doctor must prescribe them. So why are drug companies investing big money to reach us, the consumers, directly? Clearly they hope and expect we will notice their products and demand that our doctors write the prescriptions. The doctors are now merely instruments for the execution of our decisions.

I forget when, but I saw an article apparently written by Christina Sarich about the owners of Monsanto. It appears that one of the biggest individual shareholders is William Parfet. This guy is chairman and CEO of a toxicology research and drug development laboratory. I find that bit interesting.

So...

Can a protein found in a jellyfish save humanity from its own stupidity?! Our scientists common sense says no.

As I mentioned in the previous post, we have politicans (hillary clinton) pushing GMOs on the public (while themselves choosing organic, as via the white house garden).

She says, “there is a big gap between what the facts are, and what the perceptions are.” while promoting biotechnology at a 2014 conference.

FALSE.

What she really means is there is a wide gap in her own understanding of the “facts”, if not simply trying to brush them off entirely, which she pretends to be educated on. She suggests that the biotech industry just needs a new “vocabulary”. A new “spin” and an ad campaign to dupe the masses into believing they are perfectly safe.

We have a lot of wide smiles in washington and in the corporate arena, but the truth isn't always so bright.

The picture below makes the facts pretty obvious in regards to what happens when you feed rodents GMOs. By the way, consider what this does to your insides after eating for 20+ years. Say cheese:

Attached Thumbnails

• 301161.jpg

Edited by FvckAcne, 24 June 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#109 FvckAcne

FvckAcne

John Dough

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

Anyone find it odd that the companies that are genetically engineering and spraying our foods with toxic chemicals are the same ones selling us health supplements?

They advertise their dietary supplement products... why not their world-saving GMOs? You know how it goes: when diet and exercise aren't enough...

We've got to turn this ship around... be a supermarket patriot and avoid the public restroom that is isle 5!

Attached Thumbnails

• onemens.jpg

Edited by FvckAcne, 13 July 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#110 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

https://www.dailykos...il=emailclassic

Behind the Pink Curtain - Komen's Political Agenda

Article says they've worked for several years to stall or kill the Breast Cancer & Environmental Research Act. which includes funding for treatment for low income women and funding for research into environmental causes for cancer. 

And they fund studies with specific outcomes in mind such as how exposure to chemicals, pollution etc doesnt cause cancer.  which is why you can't blindly trust these  which the establishment/conventional medicine types call 'evidence-based' research while claiming the research into diet, nutrients, holistic care, etc is not evidence-based.

#111 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

This Mercola article about the wrongness of the standard advice on cholesterol included this paragragh on why American doctors are not trained in nutrition: 

"

When Dr. Diamond lectures about cholesterol to physicians, they're often astounded by what they learn. Unfortunately, their "educated ignorance" is not by accident. If studied carefully, you'll find that the medical profession's ignorance about cholesterol was crafted by careful design, starting over a century ago with the Flexner Report, funded by the Carnegie and Rockefeller foundations, who wanted nutritional science to be excised from the medical school curriculum.

They were successful in this endeavor, and for the past hundred years, most physicians have been, and still are, nutritionally ignorant. The reason for this, if you haven't yet deduced it, is because if you know how to heal with food, why would you prescribe drugs? What doctors are taught about nutrition in medical school is wrong. And it's wrong by design to generate disease that increases profits for the drug companies, which are outgrowths of the chemical industry that the Carnegie and the Rockefeller foundations supported in the 1900s. "

No sources are cited for this.

Dr Diamond teaches acourse at the University of South Florida called "Medical Ethics," which teaches students how to evaluate flawed methodology in the science on nutrition and heart disease. In 2011, Dr. Diamond also gave a lecture on his experience and on the flawed advice we've been given on diet, cholesterol and statins titled: "How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic", which has gone viral with about 150,000 views. I've included it here for your convenience. 

Edited by alternativista, 04 August 2015 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users