Photo

What Is The Most Embarrassing Moment Your Acne Has Caused You?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rjavi10

Rjavi10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Fortunately, even with my cycles of severe cystic acne I have not endured many embarrassing moments where I just wanted the earth to swallow me up. Just the ocassional "dude you're breaking out" or "what the hell happened to your face?" My dad even told me that I need to get a girlfriend to have sex with, which would apparently calm my hormones and cure my acne. What he doesnt understand that it's kind of hard to get a girlfriend when you have low self esteem and are real self conscious about your skin. My acne has cleared up now, but the scarring remains.

But, I digress. What was the most emberrasing moment your acne has caused you?

#2 masterwong888

masterwong888

Oxytetracycline + Differin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 34
About Me

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

I got drunk, passed out, when i woke up my friends played dot to dot on my face using my acne as dots....The embarrasing part is that they somehow managed to join a penis together. Oh and they used a permanent marker, the worse thing was that we finished most of the spirits the night before so it was practically impossible to rub it off >.>

#3 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Let me just point out that when your father suggested... intimate company with a female, he actually WAS going on about a VERY common misconception when dealing with people who have acne. It's like a old wives tale: "Those who have acne suddenly find it fading away when they have more sex". No joke. But this "study" is widely unaccepted amongst controlled groups when researching skin disorders, such as acne. In my mixed opinion, it's actually the coming of adulthood that naturally allows people to get RID of their acne on their own, not the act of sex. When we get older, we find people we want to be with... but when we get older, we ALSO find out that many of us will have our acne fading away, and then people will try to assume that it was something they DID, not father time itself. It's like if I wait in my house for a week until my hand eczema will go away... because I was washing dishes at work and aggravating it with water. Sex and acne is a VERY old wive's tale, and one that I am so sick and tired of hearing. And THEN there's the masturbation part of the story, where people claim that THAT actually CAUSES acne!! Ok... so whether or not someone is in your presence makes ALL the difference??? Oh please... But I wouldn't completely blame your dad, he was sort of half right because it's very common for people to assume this for some reason. He probably heard it growing up, or when he asked a recent coworker.

As for me, I've had several embarrassing moments with my acne, mostly with my cysts along my forehead and jaw line. There are too many moments to count, but one of the WORST moments was when I was tutoring a young boy in his Chemistry class. I knocked my pen off the table when explaining atomic bonds to him, and when I reached down to grab it, the corner tip of the hard covered chemistry text book bumped DIRECTLY in the center of one of my cysts I had poking out of my forehead. The bump wouldn't have done anything except cause a little tickle on a normal person, but when you TOUCH your cysts in that way, it causes EYE WATERING pain. I actually cursed out loud and covered my hand over my forehead while he looked at me with confusion and shock. It was so bad I walked to the women's bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror until the pain went away. My eyes were watering NOT because I was upset (well I was, but not "crying"), but because bumping a cysts on a tight and sensitive spot on your ace causes it to SHIFT it's nastiness under your skin and somehow allows your eyes to go red and dry for a minute, thus allowing them to water for the duration of the time. Humiliating.

Edited by TreatAcne, 03 April 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#4 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

As for me, I've had several embarrassing moments with my acne, mostly with my cysts along my forehead and jaw line. There are too many moments to count, but one of the WORST moments was when I was tutoring a young boy in his Chemistry class. I knocked my pen off the table when explaining atomic bonds to him, and when I reached down to grab it, the corner tip of the hard covered chemistry text book bumped DIRECTLY in the center of one of my cysts I had poking out of my forehead. The bump wouldn't have done anything except cause a little tickle on a normal person, but when you TOUCH your cysts in that way, it causes EYE WATERING pain. I actually cursed out loud and covered my hand over my forehead while he looked at me with confusion and shock. It was so bad I walked to the women's bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror until the pain went away. My eyes were watering NOT because I was upset (well I was, but not "crying"), but because bumping a cysts on a tight and sensitive spot on your ace causes it to SHIFT it's nastiness under your skin and somehow allows your eyes to go red and dry for a minute, thus allowing them to water for the duration of the time. Humiliating.

Ouch!! It's been a while since I had acne on forehead, but it came back like a month ago, but way back when it was worse, I used to always get hit on my forehead with something... that hurts a lot. that's why I have bad scarring Posted Image I am trying not to hit the pimples on forehead. Hm, I think this one is the worst breakout on forehead ever!
I need to apply chemicals, even though I am trying not to.. but I have no choice! I will just apply on forehead. I want to remove blackheads because I think that's causing breakouts.

Anyways, nothing embarrassing happened to me. I'm too shy and quiet so I am usually lonely and I stayed away from students.

Edited by EddieE, 03 April 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#5 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Probably the time when people at school thought I'd been beaten up because my face looked so bad. I went along with it and made up this whole story. It was that, or tell them, "No, this is just what I look like after picking at my acne for an hour straight like a crazy person". :rolleyes:

#6 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

too many to mention. The most recent one was a couple of days ago. I was sitting on the bus listening to mp3, there were a group of teenagers sitting at the back calling Me spotty and shouting "YOU'VE GOT SPOTS! YOU'VE GOT SPOTS!" they obviously thought i couldn't hear because i had my ear pieces in but the battery in my mp3 went and i heard it all, even worse was everyone in front of me on the bus was turning round and staring at me, i just pretended to be listening to my music and that i couldn't hear anything.

Most embarassing of all time was probably after a night out a couple of years ago. My friend and i stayed round his female friends house who came out with us that night who i had never met. The next day he left before i woke up, and she was there with her sister and her sisters boyfriend, they said i could stay there for the next hour until my bus was due. I was standing on the balcony with them while they had a cigarette and out of nowhere the female friend of my friend stated "do you have to stand out here . . .i don't want people to think i pulled you". to make it even more degrading her sister said very loudly "awwwww" which made me feel pathetic, a few seconds later a male friend of theirs walking by in the street yelled up hello to them and they shouted hello back but she also felt it nescessary to shout to him at the top of her voice "i didn't pull this last night, and neither did she" in reference to me. I made my excuses and left, i prefered standing in the freezing cold than being insulted by people i had known for 2 minutes.

There's loads more, too many to write.

Edited by omarcomin, 06 April 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#7 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

too many to mention. The most recent one was a couple of days ago. I was sitting on the bus listening to mp3, there were a group of teenagers sitting at the back calling Me spotty and shouting "YOU'VE GOT SPOTS! YOU'VE GOT SPOTS!" they obviously thought i couldn't hear because i had my ear pieces in but the battery in my mp3 went and i heard it all, even worse was everyone in front of me on the bus was turning round and staring at me, i just pretended to be listening to my music and that i couldn't hear anything.

Most embarassing of all time was probably after a night out a couple of years ago. My friend and i stayed round his female friends house who came out with us that night who i had never met. The next day he left before i woke up, and she was there with her sister and her sisters boyfriend, they said i could stay there for the next hour until my bus was due. I was standing on the balcony with them while they had a cigarette and out of nowhere the female friend of my friend stated "do you have to stand out here . . .i don't want people to think i pulled you". to make it even more degrading her sister said very loudly "awwwww" which made me feel pathetic, a few seconds later a male friend of theirs walking by in the street yelled up hello to them and they shouted hello back but she also felt it nescessary to shout to him at the top of her voice "i didn't pull this last night, and neither did she" in reference to me. I made my excuses and left, i prefered standing in the freezing cold than being insulted by people i had known for 2 minutes.

Many people are pathetic. People like them, I ignore and don't get along. They suck!

Edited by EddieE, 07 April 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#8 Rjavi10

Rjavi10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

I fucking hate people like that. It sounds so cliché but its true, they feel high and mighty by degrading people around them. Fuck them, they'll get what's coming to them eventually. I too had a similar experience back in high school. The table I usually sat with my friends was full, so I went off to sit by myself in a random table. A couple of minute later two girls showed up and sat in front of me. Right in front of me they started talking about my "disgusting pizza face." I felt like shit and just kept my head down the whole time. I regret not standing up for myself. If any guy said anything like that to me today, I swear I would beat the shit out of him. All these years of suffering have made me real aggressive

#9 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I fucking hate people like that. It sounds so cliché but its true, they feel high and mighty by degrading people around them. Fuck them, they'll get what's coming to them eventually. I too had a similar experience back in high school. The table I usually sat with my friends was full, so I went off to sit by myself in a random table. A couple of minute later two girls showed up and sat in front of me. Right in front of me they started talking about my "disgusting pizza face." I felt like shit and just kept my head down the whole time. I regret not standing up for myself. If any guy said anything like that to me today, I swear I would beat the shit out of him. All these years of suffering have made me real aggressive

Tell me about it, if you scratch beneath the surface of these people then you find they are just small, pathetic and insecure people. I've had many embarassing moments before at the hands of people i thought were friends who have decided to humiliate me because of my acne (and not in a messing around kind of way that friends do but a real personal, deep, meant to offend and belittle kind of a way) and these 'friends' have always been people with deep personal issues but that is still no excuse, i have personal issues mostly related to acne but i'm not so small minded that i have to seek self approval and validation by insulting someone over what they can't help. Whenever i'm in an embarassing situation i just try to think to myself how one day i will hopefully find a way to rid myself of acne but these people will never be able to rid theirselves of their stupidity and ignorance and are going nowhere in life, kind of makes it more bearable.

#10 icefairy88

icefairy88

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Also, i was at school in the lunch line..a guy i didn't even know looked at me and said "People with gross acne go to the END of the line!" i wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

#11 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Also, i was at school in the lunch line..a guy i didn't even know looked at me and said "People with gross acne go to the END of the line!" i wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

there are some pathetic people in the world!

#12 nick93

nick93

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Read through your posts, and your right people tend to be shallow assholes. When I was volunteering a little girl asked me why I looked like a racoon, at that time I had bad acne near the tops of my cheeks under my eyes, and the people my age laughed. It wasn't a big deal, I could laugh that one off. At a family get together my younger cousin ran around the house yelling about the ugly red dots I had on my face. She is only like 8 years old, and I was just like that at that age too, so can't say I was angry, it was just pretty embarassing. There was a time in high school when a guy told me he was glad he wasn't covered in ugly red spots like me. Somehow, I managed to laugh that off too since I was around friends. It gets to you though, takes away your confidence and your ability to be outgoing.

#13 IronBull

IronBull

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

That's easy. I was at the movies with a friend and this was when my acne was slightly improving, but I had quite a lot of whiteheads. This was also when my friend had very severe chin acne and he was depressed from it. While we were waiting in line for our tickets, we saw a girl from school behind the counter. Mind you that this certain girl was your typical slut who slept with everyone and treated everyone like dirt. I asked for a ticket and she just stood there and said "Wash your face more.". She didn't even say anything like "Enjoy your movie." or whatever people say to customers at the movies. Then she crossed the line by laughing hysterically at my friend by yelling "Nice chin beard." and everybody stopped and looked at my friend. I know there is a law against hitting girls, but I would of knocked that girl out on the spot. I should of, but I didn't. Wasn't worth it anyway.

#14 Rjavi10

Rjavi10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

That's easy. I was at the movies with a friend and this was when my acne was slightly improving, but I had quite a lot of whiteheads. This was also when my friend had very severe chin acne and he was depressed from it. While we were waiting in line for our tickets, we saw a girl from school behind the counter. Mind you that this certain girl was your typical slut who slept with everyone and treated everyone like dirt. I asked for a ticket and she just stood there and said "Wash your face more.". She didn't even say anything like "Enjoy your movie." or whatever people say to customers at the movies. Then she crossed the line by laughing hysterically at my friend by yelling "Nice chin beard." and everybody stopped and looked at my friend. I know there is a law against hitting girls, but I would of knocked that girl out on the spot. I should of, but I didn't. Wasn't worth it anyway.

If she was working at the movies, I would have asked to speak to the manager and try to get her fired on the spot-that's no way to treat a customer! I don't give a shit If she would call me a snitch at school or whatever-the bitch deserved to lose her job!

#15 Macqwerty

Macqwerty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

If she was working at the movies, I would have asked to speak to the manager and try to get her fired on the spot-that's no way to treat a customer! I don't give a shit If she would call me a snitch at school or whatever-the bitch deserved to lose her job!

I agree. I would of taken the matter further and made a complaint. Human filth at its finest.

#16 reckon2012

reckon2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

Most embarassing was when my fucking little 10 year old cousin and I were playing video games and he said: Jesus what's wrong with your face? Use proactive or something...
I was under antibiotic treatment and I'm a 19 year old guy who just went to the basement and started crying.

#17 TheBSides92

TheBSides92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Not nearly as bad as some of the humiliating ordeals you guys have been through :(, but this one still makes me cringe...

I had to go into work very early one morning last Spring, because I had a huge workload to get through and was training an apprentice at the same time. At the time, I think I was struggling to find a cleanser that didn't dry out my face. So, I woke up, showered, did my make-up and drove to work. After I'd been there for about six hours and had spent most of the time sitting closely with the apprentice and walking her through some of our procedures, as well as liaising with various colleagues at close range, a lady in the reception department came in and asked me a question. She was standing quite close to me, which is something always unnerves me regardless of the state of my skin. Suddenly, as we were talking, she exclaimed, "What have you got all over your face?!" And started to laugh. She looked at the girl I'd been training and said, "And you haven't said anything to her?!"

I darted off to the toilets, looked at myself in the mirror and realised I had very flaky skin, that had just worsened during the day. It looked horrible. I looked horrible.
Any confidence I had before that moment immediately disappeared. I made myself go back in to the room, and I mumbled something about my skin being a bit dry when she looked at me. I proceeded to help her out, but I kept my head down and my eyes on the ground, which I hated myself for, but I felt so, so embarrassed. I think the lady was embarrassed too, as she didn't comment on my appearance afterwards, but when she left she said, "Sorry about your face!" and laughed a bit sheepishly.
"Me, too," I said.

I carried on as before for the rest of the day, but I felt incredibly self-conscious and couldn't wait to go home. The apprentice, a girl I am very good friends with now, was too polite to say anything, but it makes me cringe to think that she and others must have been looking at me during the course of the day thinking, "What's with her face? Can she not take care of herself?"

The next day, the lady apologised to me in person. I immediately told her it was okay, but I had been struggling with my skin for years, and that's why I reacted like I did. I didn't tell her this, but maybe if she had taken me aside and mentioned it to me instead of making it into a big deal, it would have been a lot better, and I might have even thanked her for letting me know.

Sorry for the long post! My constant fear as an acne sufferer is people looking at me and wondering why I can't take care of myself when they see the state of my skin and make-up mishaps that a lot of us must go through during trial and error periods. It really sucks!

#18 Portis

Portis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

My heart goes out to you, that is roally F'd up.

I got a lot of looks of disgust while in grade school. I'm 27 now, so all the bad experiences just kind of blend together and its hard to recall them. I'm kind of at an age now that you don't get too much rude comments, or maybe I've just leanred to avoid situations that would possibly expose me to them.