t3wanter

[Pics] How Should I Go About Fixing These Scars

7 posts in this topic

See attached. I've had most of these for several years and the derma said they are pretty shallow which is good but they haven't changed/faded at all really. Is laser the only way to fix this? It's really hampering my self-confidence

post-63522-0-35406600-1333324506_thumb.j

post-63522-0-04628300-1333324516_thumb.j

Edited by t3wanter

What kind of scars? I was doing SA peels and they helped quite a bit for a boxcar and rolling scar

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

I have some scarring that looks similar and has been there for a looong time. I'm starting the peels tomorrow to see if it will help. I'm trying the glycolic though.

What kind of scars? I was doing SA peels and they helped quite a bit for a boxcar and rolling scar

yep those -- mine are shallow too but are def visible

im scared of burning off my face lol

Well, you should be, I've done it a few times myself!

I would try a 20% SA peel--I know a lot of people say that they aren't great for scars, but they worked for me--and use it only on the areas that you are trying to fit.

It's pretty cheap ($20.00 for an ounce I think), which should last at least 5 full peels, so if you're spot-peeling, then it would last more.

I saw at least a 20% improvement on the deeper areas and it made the shallower part of the scar disappear completely.

Edit - Again, I don't know if it will work for you, but it worked well for me (I was trying to control acne actually)

Edited by Lange

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

I want to try Lactic acid peel myself...it's very mild peel so less risk of burning off your face...lol...I am scared of burning off my face, too...!

When I did my peels, I started with like 1min and washed it off. Then I moved up in 30 second increments.

It works far better on boxcar scars than rolling scars tho. I did see some improvement on rolling scars, but not nearly as much as on the boxcar I have on my cheek.

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream