Photo

Documentary On Genetically Modified Foods (They're Deadly & We Eat Em)

141 replies to this topic

#101 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

Some progress... "EU Says Monsanto Plans to Withdraw Applications for GM Crops"

http://www.bloomberg...m-crops-1-.html

#102 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

France’s last-remaining experimental open field trial of GMOs has been stopped

http://sustainablepu...e/#.Ue5UwxZ2_8t

#103 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

GMO's being called out in ELLE Magazine.  Finally getting some mainstream attention?

http://www.elle.com/...y-modified-corn

#104 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Scientists Link Monsanto’s Glyphosate To Birth Defects

"Our examination of the evidence leads us to the conclusion that the current approval of glyphosate and Roundup is deeply flawed and unreliable. In this report, we examine the industry studies and regulatory documents that led to the approval of glyphosate. We show that industry and regulators knew as long ago as the 1980s and 1990s that glyphosate causes malformation – but that this information was not made public. We demonstrate how EU regulators reasoned their way from clear evidence of glyphosate’s teratogenicity in industry’s own studies to a conclusion that minimized these findings in the EU Commission’s final review report(3)(4)."

http://www.getholist...-birth-defects/

#105 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Bicolano farmers uproot golden rice

“Agrochemical TNCs, which are protected and abetted by the US government, gained millions of profit from GMOs even at the expense of the health and livelihood of Filipino farmers and consumers. They don’t care if it’s unsafe, as long as they get their profit. Such is the fate of GM corn farmers. Farmers who shifted to GM corn farming suffered the most, as the price of GM seeds and other inputs skyrocketed. The farmers are now in debt, most of them lose their land to corn traders because they are unable to pay. Once Golden Rice is commercialized, this will only lead to the privatization of our rice. Agrochemical TNCs have been waiting for this opportunity, to finally control the rice seed industry. This would mean more profit to them, as rice is the staple of Filipinos and the people of Asia” added Autor.

http://www.remate.ph...e/#.UgTLNZK-2Sp

#106 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

A good sign of what is on the horizon?

Monsanto Stock in Danger, Investor Warns

In his column, “Monsanto:  A food stock with a bad aftertaste,” he shares: “it’s just as important to know what stocks to avoid as it is to know which ones to invest in. Most growth trends don’t last forever and you don’t want to be stuck holding the bag when growth disappears or reverses.” Here is an investor who is recognizing the “battle raging between consumers and Monsanto” that could leave fallout for investors left holding the bag when consumers take back their right to know what is contained in the food they eat.

#107 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:29 AM

Mass deaths in bee colonies may mean disaster for farmers--and your favorite foods

So what's killing the honeybees? Pesticides — including a new class called neonicotinoids — seem to be harming bees even at what should be safe levels. Biological threats like the Varroa mite are killing off colonies directly and spreading deadly diseases. As our farms become monocultures of commodity crops like wheat and corn — plants that provide little pollen for foraging bees — honeybees are literally starving to death. If we don't do something, there may not be enough honeybees to meet the pollination demands for valuable crops. But more than that, in a world where up to 100,000 species go extinct each year, the vanishing honeybee could be the herald of a permanently diminished planet.

http://www.time.com/...l#ixzz2bzM0aw40

Edited by onefatalgoose, 15 August 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#108 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Victory for Willamette Valley Farmers and Public as Oregon Governor Signs Moratorium on Canola Production

Center for Food Safety (CFS) had sued the Oregon Department of Agriculture after seed and organic vegetable farmers objected to a controversial decision to permit canola production in the Willamette Valley. In court filings, Center for Food Safety argued that canola readily cross-pollinates with brassica specialty seed crops like broccoli, kale, and cabbage; spreads plant diseases and pests to brassica vegetable and seed crops; and can contaminate pure lots of vegetable and clover seed, rendering them unsalable in international and local markets. The vast majority of canola is genetically engineered, which contaminates organic and conventional varieties, as well as cross-pollinates with weeds, creating new invasive species problems, as herbicide resistant traits spread to native weed populations.

http://www.centerfor...nola-production

#109 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Thought this list might come in handy for all you organic shoppers out there:

http://eatlocalgrown...s-to-avoid.html

#110 LovePlastic

LovePlastic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

I am going to re

• I DO think that GM foods are the future, and with more research and study, they will be the solution to an ever-growing population.
In the mean time, let Bill Gates do his research to try and further humanity. You continue to eat organic, and I'll continue to eat my Agent Orange carrots.

What a joke. Yeah and let's die and let robots take over their the Future DUDE!!!

#111 tritonxiv

tritonxiv

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I am going to re

• I DO think that GM foods are the future, and with more research and study, they will be the solution to an ever-growing population.
In the mean time, let Bill Gates do his research to try and further humanity. You continue to eat organic, and I'll continue to eat my Agent Orange carrots.

What a joke. Yeah and let's die and let robots take over their the Future DUDE!!!

Produce, fish, meat, water, and air irradiated by the ever increasing Fukushima fallout will kill us all long before GMOs do.

#112 LovePlastic

LovePlastic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

I am going to re

Produce, fish, meat, water, and air irradiated by the ever increasing Fukushima fallout will kill us all long before GMOs do.

lol we would have died DECADES ago....

not like GMO makes the situation better.

#113 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Here's a real shocker...

"Agriculture Secretary Bill Northey announced he has hired former Monsanto lobbyist Mike Naig as deputy secretary."

... and so the revolving door continues

http://blogs.desmoin...?nclick_check=1

#114 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

GMOs being discussed in Forbes.  Progress?

"So the question is why?  Why am I part of a huge, and growing, group not willing to believe the “facts” (according to its proponents) about the benefits of genetic modification?  Why am I against the creation of Golden Rice, even if it may stop millions of children from going blind?

The basic answer is simple: trust.

Science has a credibility problem.  It has for too long been used to distort food and twist the natural into long lasting Twinkies and nutritionally void Lunchables.  Tobacco was good for us, we were told, and DDT was fine to spray on our fields.  Food dyes are all still considered safe for our kids to eat, and “natural” foods, we are made to believe, are made of naturally occurring ingredients.

In all cases we have been misled, and today it is not “false fears” that has bred skeptical consumers, it is experience."

http://www.forbes.co...-is-a-bad-idea/

#115 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

U.S. House votes to extend "Monsanto rider" on GM crops

http://www.gmwatch.o...der-on-gm-crops

#116 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I can't believe there are people supporting gmos. They are bad for everything except their creators pockets. People who grow them have to pay every year to buy new seeds instead of natural plants that give fertile seeds. In fact they commit suicide twice as frequently as growers who use natural seeds. They are exposed to dangerous chemicals and not only them.. bees,butterflies, underground water, people living nearby, non gmo plants. The crop itself could be dangerous for consumers health. Wildlife or surrounding crops can turn to gmo through pollination. There are so many things in stake that continue beyond us as generation! The problem of malnutritioned people is not the seeds. It is a combination of political and economical issues, climate, water supplies etc. Having to pay for seeds and pesticides will only add to their problems.

Edited by maria199, 24 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#117 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

I can't believe there are people supporting gmos. They are bad for everything except their creators pockets. People who grow them have to pay every year to buy new seeds instead of natural plants that give fertile seeds. In fact they commit suicide twice as frequently as growers who use natural seeds. They are exposed to dangerous chemicals and not only them.. bees,butterflies, underground water, people living nearby, non gmo plants. The crop itself could be dangerous for consumers health. Wildlife or surrounding crops can turn to gmo through pollination. There are so many things in stake that continue beyond us as generation! The problem of malnutritioned people is not the seeds. It is a combination of political and economical issues, climate, water supplies etc. Having to pay for seeds and pesticides will only add to their problems.

People mistakenly believe the GMO crops increase yields, need less water, etc. and there may be some. But the giant chemical ompanies like DuPont & Monsanto are creating plants that need lots of their chemicals to grow. And Monsanto is trying to take over and control all agriculture, and our government.. But the news media never reports those details. Sarah Palin is right about one thing. We have a lame stream media.

#118 maria199

maria199

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Medicine, Physics-Chemistry-Maths, gardening

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

People mistakenly believe the GMO crops increase yields, need less water, etc. and there may be some. But the giant chemical ompanies like DuPont & Monsanto are creating plants that need lots of their chemicals to grow. And Monsanto is trying to take over and control all agriculture, and our government.. But the news media never reports those details. Sarah Palin is right about one thing. We have a lame stream media.

This is the source of many problems...

#119 Gladiatoro

Gladiatoro

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Herbalism , data research , RC airplanes , skiing , movies , AC/DC , UFC and my custom Mustang GT.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

http://www.naturalne...als_cancer.html

#120 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

http://www.naturalne...als_cancer.html

Yep, and this is the product that is going to be sprayed on consumer quality corn.  They don't eat this corn, that is, Monsanto.  They know damn well what the health risks are, it's just that when you are a corrupt, selfish, piece of shit...you just don't care about the well being of others.  That's just how it is.  They want to push GMO's, but the weeds are adapting to the current herbicides.  So what do you do?  Use a stronger herbicide.  And one that is still causing cancer/health issues in vietnam veterans.  Yes, let's spray that stuff on our crops.  As alternativista stated, this stuff just isn't mainstream media, which is why they can get away with it.  It's all behind closed doors because too few people are trying to force it out into the open 

Also:

This is...good.  Really good

"A controversial legislative rider added by Monsanto to the Agriculture Department budget last spring will no longer be effective after Sept. 30 under a draft stopgap government funding bill being drafted by Senate Democrats."

http://www.politico....ider-97301.html

Edited by onefatalgoose, 25 September 2013 - 11:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users