Here's a list of the products I've tried (that I can remember)
- Ozonated Olive Oil -- Amazing for healing acne and other things: Ozonated Olive Oil
- Rashti Anti-Acne Scrub-- This is my doctor in L.A. His anti-acne scrub and anti-acne serum are the best non-prescription products I've used--seriously. The anti-acne serum contains benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (and you don't need a prescription). I noticed an immediate difference from the first time I use the scrub (I literally said, "Whoa--this is real deal"). I didn't like his anti-acne wash though. He sells them on Etsy: Anti Acne Scrub salicylic by RashtiMD on Etsy
- Doxycyline--I use this occasionally when the break outs are out of control. It does work, but it's only masking the symptoms. The problem is, when I try to stop taking it, the acne comes right back.
- Retin-A--This really works well. It gives me an even skin tone. It also helps to reduce fine lines around the eyes.
- Bentonite Clay Mask--I have tried dozens of face masks and this is by far the best one. It's all natural. You can absolutely feel it drawing out the impurities from the skin. Afterwards, your skin is so much softer. (This is the one I tried: http://livingclayco.com/ ).
- Proactive System-- Didn't help.
- Bio-Wave Generator--This is cutting edge therapy in Germany for many diseases. I believe it does work for some people, but it did not work for my acne. (You can find a lot of info here: http://www.biocytoni...m/booklets.html ).
- Differin Gel -- Didn't help--at all.
- Cutting out coffee -- I felt very clean, but it didn't help the acne.
- Drinking more water--Feeling hydrated is great, but zits won't go away.
- Eating raw vegetables--Great for my energy and body, but still had acne.
- Hormone test -- I had a low level of estrogen and high level of testosterone. So, I used Estrotep cream for 5 months to balance my hormones. My skin did not improve, but my hormones balanced out. Now I know that my acne isn't hormonal.
- Spironalactome -- Prescription that helps to lower testosterone. If you have acne on your chin, neck chest and back, physicians say it is most likely due to over production of testosterone (in women). But, this didn't work for me. It could work for others.
- Accutane -- Extremely bad for you, but I was desperate (and also 20 years old). It worked better than anything. For five years, I had flawless skin. But, my acne came back...worse than ever. It probably did a lot of damage to my body. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.
- Every single over the counter cream you can buy at the pharmacy -- nothing helped.
- Sodium Luarel Sulfate -- I just read on another thread to check your shampoos for soduim laurel sulfate. I am changing shampoos immediately.
- Nizoral -- For acne on the scalp, back, chest and around the hairline, I just read that washing with Nizoral soap twice a day will help. I'm going to try it.
- Foliculitis -- ? I am learning about it and how to treat it. I'll take any comments please!
- Candida (See below)
- Leaky Gut
There is no quick fix. Good luck to you all. I hope you will share your stories as I have.
THANK YOU ACNE.ORG!
Edited by veronicamar11, 02 April 2012 - 08:47 AM.