Photo

My Trials, Errors And Successes Over 15 Years.

vitamin d candida trials

3 replies to this topic

#1 veronicamar11

veronicamar11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

It's great to have options to treat the symptoms of acne, BUT, I think the best thing to do is get to the root of what is causing your acne. I wish someone had told me that when I was 20. There are a number of contributors (hormones, diet, poor digestion, stress, vitamin deficiency, etc.). ALL of these thing ARE under your control. With some research and tests, you can discover why you get acne....and make the proper adjustments.

Here's a list of the products I've tried (that I can remember)
  • Ozonated Olive Oil -- Amazing for healing acne and other things: Ozonated Olive Oil
  • Rashti Anti-Acne Scrub-- This is my doctor in L.A. His anti-acne scrub and anti-acne serum are the best non-prescription products I've used--seriously. The anti-acne serum contains benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (and you don't need a prescription). I noticed an immediate difference from the first time I use the scrub (I literally said, "Whoa--this is real deal"). I didn't like his anti-acne wash though. He sells them on Etsy: Anti Acne Scrub salicylic by RashtiMD on Etsy
  • Doxycyline--I use this occasionally when the break outs are out of control. It does work, but it's only masking the symptoms. The problem is, when I try to stop taking it, the acne comes right back.
  • Retin-A--This really works well. It gives me an even skin tone. It also helps to reduce fine lines around the eyes.
  • Bentonite Clay Mask--I have tried dozens of face masks and this is by far the best one. It's all natural. You can absolutely feel it drawing out the impurities from the skin. Afterwards, your skin is so much softer. (This is the one I tried: http://livingclayco.com/ ).
  • Proactive System-- Didn't help.
  • Bio-Wave Generator--This is cutting edge therapy in Germany for many diseases. I believe it does work for some people, but it did not work for my acne. (You can find a lot of info here: http://www.biocytoni...m/booklets.html ).
  • Differin Gel -- Didn't help--at all.
  • Cutting out coffee -- I felt very clean, but it didn't help the acne.
  • Drinking more water--Feeling hydrated is great, but zits won't go away.
  • Eating raw vegetables--Great for my energy and body, but still had acne.
  • Hormone test -- I had a low level of estrogen and high level of testosterone. So, I used Estrotep cream for 5 months to balance my hormones. My skin did not improve, but my hormones balanced out. Now I know that my acne isn't hormonal.
  • Spironalactome -- Prescription that helps to lower testosterone. If you have acne on your chin, neck chest and back, physicians say it is most likely due to over production of testosterone (in women). But, this didn't work for me. It could work for others.
  • Accutane -- Extremely bad for you, but I was desperate (and also 20 years old). It worked better than anything. For five years, I had flawless skin. But, my acne came back...worse than ever. It probably did a lot of damage to my body. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.
  • Every single over the counter cream you can buy at the pharmacy -- nothing helped.
  • Sodium Luarel Sulfate -- I just read on another thread to check your shampoos for soduim laurel sulfate. I am changing shampoos immediately.
  • Nizoral -- For acne on the scalp, back, chest and around the hairline, I just read that washing with Nizoral soap twice a day will help. I'm going to try it.
  • Foliculitis -- ? I am learning about it and how to treat it. I'll take any comments please!
  • Candida (See below)
  • Parasites
  • Leaky Gut
I think I am finally narrowing down the cause of my acne: Poor digestion. I went to a highly knowledgeable hematologist who specializes in natural medicine (Dr. Hugh in San Diego, CA-- www.biocytonics.com ). He analyzed my blood and said I had an over-abundance of Candida and Parasites. Poor digestion was also evident (called a "leaky gut" syndrome). So, basically, I have a ton of toxins pouring out of my skin from improper digestion. The ONLY thing that will fix my acne is improving my colon function. We all have parasites and sometimes candida. When there's an overgrowth of these organisms, it's important to cleanse them out because they are thriving off of the nutrients your body needs. So, one step at a time. Kill the candida and parasites, improve my digestion and, eventually, cure my acne from within. Posted Image

There is no quick fix. Good luck to you all. I hope you will share your stories as I have.

THANK YOU ACNE.ORG!

Edited by veronicamar11, 02 April 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#2 cherrycat

cherrycat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thank you for the wonderful post! Keep us updated on how your new digestion plan works!
Also, I found it really interesting that you were acne free for (5!!!!!!!) years after accutane, and you still wrote that you do not recommend it. I hope that others might reconsider accutane, if they see that even 5 years of nice skin is not worth the problems..

#3 veronicamar11

veronicamar11

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thank you for the wonderful post! Keep us updated on how your new digestion plan works!
Also, I found it really interesting that you were acne free for (5!!!!!!!) years after accutane, and you still wrote that you do not recommend it. I hope that others might reconsider accutane, if they see that even 5 years of nice skin is not worth the problems..

Thanks CherryCat! I actually just met someone yesterday that went through TWO treatments of accutane. She regrets it as well. Through her diet, she's been able to completely rid her acne. I think people are waking up. :)

Since I did my initial research on this site, my acne has completely cleared! There's so much information on this site about "leaky gut syndrome." I started taking L-Glutamine (strengthens intesitinal walls), probiotics, digestive enzymes with every meal and Keifir (all supplements bought at whole foods--not a drugstore).

I learned a great trick--use fresh lemon as a toner. Leave it on for 15 min. Then wash it off. It's pretty amazing.

#4 lasnoblur

lasnoblur

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:cool stuff.

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

For foliculities aka scalp acne, i used to have it pretty bad in few years back.
Now im using SLS and paranban free shampoo.

Have 1 pea size hole and one slightly larger hole being caused by scalp acne. Hair cells were killed by them. zz

My derm prescribed selenium sulphate shampoo (pretty cheap) for it. along with dalacin T. That is like the final treatment that managed to work for me. dalacin T is really good as its liquid based and u can apply on the scalp pimples easily. dries them fast.

Previous presciptions of other anti bacterial wash were a failure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users