cetaphil redness pimples dry skin irritation

5 replies to this topic

#1 NLO010

NLO010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm a 16 year old girl and have struggled with acne since middle school. I have tried EVERYTHING, and i recently came up with a new "routine" that works a little better than the other routines. I washed my face twice a day with Cetaphil, and rinsed with very warm water for about 2 minutes (continuously splashing the warm water on my face). It helps better than my other routines in the past did, but my face is still not very good. My pimples and blackheads are small, but very, very red and my skin appears irritated. i was wondering if maybe washing my face very well twice a day was too much? would it make sense for me to wash my face only once a day and give my skin more time to heal? i was thinking that if i cut down on the amount of times i wash my face, it will be less red/irritated. i'm a bit worried though, since im afraid that my acne will just get worse.

has anyone ever noticed a difference with their skin depending on the frequency they wash it? (like, is less really more?) and could my washing be the cause of the irritation? i always use cetaphil, which is supposed to be a very calm cleanser. any feedback is welcome:D

#2 Prim

Prim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

You are right, the frequency of the washing does affect your skin. The first thing I thought was that you shouldn't use too warm of water. Hot or very warm water is going to bring blood to the surface of your skin (hence redness) and also dry it out causing irritation. I just use lukewarm and just enough to rinse the face wash away. Washing too much or for too long is also irritating. Maybe you can get away with a water-only rinse in the morning to cleanse. I can't because my skin gets so oily, but many people do that.

#3 NLO010

NLO010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks! I'm going to try using lukewarm water-only in the morning, and save and cleanser for night. I used to have very oily skin, but now that its not so bad anymore I don't think my skin needs the cleanser twice a day. I like washing my face for a long time because I noticed that using a lot of water was preventing new pimples from popping up, but now that I think about it, I think it was just because my face was dry and now that it's long term, its just making it red. I'll try shortening the time too.

#4 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks! I'm going to try using lukewarm water-only in the morning, and save and cleanser for night. I used to have very oily skin, but now that its not so bad anymore I don't think my skin needs the cleanser twice a day. I like washing my face for a long time because I noticed that using a lot of water was preventing new pimples from popping up, but now that I think about it, I think it was just because my face was dry and now that it's long term, its just making it red. I'll try shortening the time too.

Please take my advice. You want your acne gone?? But a bunch of microfiber washcloths. Wash your face with water morning and night. NO CLEANSER. Blot the microfiber on your face with cool water. This WILL remove all oil. And thats what you want. Let nature do its job. You think the people in the 1950's used cetaphil? Everyone had great skin back then. Please girl, take my advice. Then use bp if you want, but no cleanser.

#5 Beautyofgrace

Beautyofgrace

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Please take my advice. You want your acne gone?? But a bunch of microfiber washcloths. Wash your face with water morning and night. NO CLEANSER. Blot the microfiber on your face with cool water. This WILL remove all oil. And thats what you want. Let nature do its job. You think the people in the 1950's used cetaphil? Everyone had great skin back then. Please girl, take my advice. Then use bp if you want, but no cleanser.

What about removing makeup? Most makeup removers don't get all the residue..

#6 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

What about removing makeup? Most makeup removers don't get all the residue..

Heres the way I see it. You can use eyeliner, lipstick, eyelash, and a little coverup. No foundation or any of that crud. You are going to have to sacrifice makeup for a while. If you cant sacrifice makeup for a while I dont know what to tell you. Its a very good idea to just use water and a clean microfiber cloth everytime. Just do it girl and see how you like it. It will probably clear you right up. Also gentle physical exfoliation with the microfiber is about as good as it gets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users