bleach(?) spots

2 replies to this topic

#1 smil

smil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2003 - 11:56 PM

Does anyone know what ingredient in acne medications causes bleaching of clothes, towels, pillows etc..... It is a nightmare as I am ruining all my stuff- but I can't seem to pinpoint what is doing it.

#2 Kelly Banks

Kelly Banks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2003 - 12:09 AM

:lol: Benzyl Peroxide, the active ingredient in Proactive Solution and many over the counter acne medication will bleach clothing, pillowcases, etc upon contact.

:) www.acnelamp.com

#3 njacobs

njacobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2003 - 01:05 AM

That was the main downside to using Benzoyl Peroxide for me. Pillow cases, towels, shirt collars, jacket collars, etc. It wasn't worth the trouble or expense of ruined items. Sometimes, you won't even know you've ruined a clothing article until after you've washed it. The water activates any BP that might have come in contact with your clothes. Take your clothes out of the dryer and...tada...bleach spots! If you still want to use BP, I suggest using it in the form of a facial wash. That way, you can rinse the BP residue off thoroughly enough so that it should not do any damage. A BP facial wash will still work well to kill off the acne causing bacteria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users