Running Out Of Ideas, Considering Accutane. *pics

probiotic red mark makeup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Playing_In_Traffic_*

Guest_Playing_In_Traffic_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

So....I'm sure most of you can relate to the feeling...exhaustion, anyone? I'm seriously tired of battling my acne. I've tried many things..here's the short list:

1. dairy-free/gluten-free for over a year now
2. No caffeine for the last several months
3. Minimal sugar
4. have tried every acne system imaginable, including Dan's regimen, Proactive, Exposed, Paula's...the list could go on.
5. tried Differin
6. tried spiro

Yeah. I currently take 2 gummy multivitamins(iodine-free), primrose oil, a probiotic(dairy-free). I was with Purpose to remove makeup, and manuka honey in the morning. I use Paula's 2% BHA at night.

I'm 21 and have had acne since I was about 9. Pustules and such as a child, cystic acne and whiteheads now. Minimal blackheads, some pustules. I know you've seen more severe acne, but mine is really persistent. I wake up with a new cyst almost every day, and the red marks linger FOREVER on my skin.

Anyway, I'd like to try Accutane, but I'm not sure if I'd be a candidate? Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'm fresh out.

(That's Manuka honey + baking soda on my face.)

Edited by Playing_In_Traffic, 08 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#2 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

i think the "honey shine" is making it look worse in the pics. but i dont think its all that bad, but derms are saying yes to anyone who wants accutane these days i hear. but if u tried everything like antibiotics and are using great products and still no imrovement then ask ur derm.

#3 evertonyo

evertonyo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

So....I'm sure most of you can relate to the feeling...exhaustion, anyone? I'm seriously tired of battling my acne. I've tried many things..here's the short list:

3. Minimal sugar
4. have tried every acne system imaginable, including Dan's regimen, Proactive, Exposed, Paula's...the list could go on.
5. tried Differin
6. tried spiro

Yeah. I currently take 2 gummy multivitamins(iodine-free), primrose oil, a probiotic(dairy-free). I was with Purpose to remove makeup, and manuka honey in the morning. I use Paula's 2% BHA at night.

I'm 21 and have had acne since I was about 9. Pustules and such as a child, cystic acne and whiteheads now. Minimal blackheads, some pustules. I know you've seen more severe acne, but mine is really persistent. I wake up with a new cyst almost every day, and the red marks linger FOREVER on my skin.

Anyway, I'd like to try Accutane, but I'm not sure if I'd be a candidate? Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'm fresh out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What prescription stuff have you done? I see Differin, but antibiotics? Other topicals? I'm sure your derm will want to try other stuff before isotretinoin if you haven't... Definitely make an appointment and see what your options are. Best of luck. Posted Image

#4 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

bactrim is the strongest fastest antibiotic that is almost 100% guarentee to clear acne in a matter of 2 weeks. the only problem is that like 50% of americans are allergic to this drug because it is a sulfa drug. the only way you can fin out if your allergic is by taking it and finding out.. but if you arent allergic its supposed to be the miracle pill. anyway as for topical use. i would use finacea if i were you. it almost looks as if you have a mild case of rosacea and not acne. finacea will take a good bit of time to work marbe 4-7 weeks. im currently on week 8 myself and i still have almost half of my tube left. its brought pratically all of the redness out of my face. it burns and itches extrememly badly when you first put it on for about the first 5 mines then it goes away and that will only happen fo the first week. after that your face gets used to it. i started using it twice a day(as recommeneded) immediately. although id recommend starting once a day because it does dry out your skin at first. you need to exfoliate with cotton pads as well because finacea is a reacurring acid that pretty much uncloggs your pores leaing dead dry skin on top but a cotton pad gently rub across the face is all you need about 3 times a week to take care of that. it will feel like you need moisturizer but you wont just that cotton pad will get rid of the skin i promise. good luck.

#5 wll37

wll37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think you may start with oral antibiotic. go ask a derm and get prescription. I started with clindamycin 300 mg and it shows result in 1 week. acne was still there but less inflamed before antibiotic. later on, antibiotic failed and now I'm on accutane. I'm hoping for the bestPosted Image.

#6 fccs

fccs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

If you find something that works well please post in here. My face is fine but my shoulders look very similar to this. It seems that if I can sit in the sun or be in seawater all day it helps but obviously I can't do that so I'm running out of ideas. I have tried the same as you.

#7 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Your skin looks super oily. You need to control that to prevent bad breakouts. Honestly, it doesn't look that bad compared to what I've seen here.. You shouldn't go on Accutane yet.Have you try a raw diet? high intakes of vegetables and fruits. It will make your skin look natural, etc. Low fats, high veggies./fruits is the way to go. You need to stop applying products as it is making your skin oily. Let your skin get air with no chemicals on your skin.
Hopefully this work for you if you decide to do this. ^^

Edited by EddieE, 01 April 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#8 gia1

gia1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

have you tried going on birth control may be it is hormonal. just a suggestion but we had our water tested and our ph and bacteria was so bad in our water that we couldnt even use it for cooking. i only wash my face with poland spring water. My cystic acne cleared when i went on the candida diet and i think that by ingesting/washing my face with our tap water and taking antibiotics it gave me candida. i looked up high ph water and it can cause havic on the skin. Just a thought but ya never know.

#9 jaxmd0315

jaxmd0315

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi there!

I would definitely suggest accutane. It looks like your having a little problem with oil, which accutane actively prevents oil production in your skin. I know there is a lot out there about this particular drug, but it is honestly a miracle worker. I had extremely minimal side affects and a very succesful experience with it. As another person commented, it is much easier to get it from your derm now than it was before, I would definitely suggest asking about it. You won't be sorry! :)

Jackie

#10 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

3. Minimal sugar
5. tried Differin
6. tried spiro

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting Food Allergy testing for Delayed Response will save you lots of trial and error. Besides that, did you try Soy Free yet? Or Egg Free? There are about 600 foods that your allergic reaction to could cause Acne. Not just Milk & Gluten.

PS you might not be allergic to Milk or Gluten which is why you still get Acne.