oily skin

5 replies to this topic

#1 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Have any of you oily skin folks ever gone through basic training? I'm considering joining the national guard, but am worried about not being able to "deal with" my oily/acne-prone skin while in basic. I have to blot constantly which would be difficult in that kind of environment, so I'm a bit worried.

#2 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:World of Warcraft, Music, Movies, Working out.

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

My friend literally asked me the same question last night. lol.

For the most part there was nothing that could be done. I did basic with a group of my friends a few years back and we were at the mercy of the schedule. When we found time we would wash real fast or even when going to the restroom you can use the toilet paper as a quick blotting paper. But other than that I was mildly broken out by the end of basic. Once it's done though you can get right back on your regimen and it's okay. Plus most of the people don't care about what you look like, they just want basic to be done as fast as possible. Your mind will be thinking at 100 mph so acne isn't even on your mind. Things might have changed since then, but I doubt it. (Talking about 6 years ago) Good Luck!

#3 mbbento

mbbento

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured there wasn't much to be done about it. I just hate the thought of having a miserably shiny/sticky face all day long for 8-9 weeks.

#4 timoffiiee

timoffiiee

Juice Box Ninja

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:Hmmmmm, well for starters I really love working out and trying my best to be healthy =P. I like to play guitar, sing badly, build computers, play video games, and really just chill and make new friends. :)

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, man. Everybody there is going to be sweaty and nasty. Hell, you may even luck up and your skin may improve while you are there! Honestly though, you probably won't even have time to think about it. :P Do what you can, when you can, and forget about it the rest of the time.

#5 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Stereotypes are true.
    Half Italiano so I love my pasta. But...
    I'm also half Japanese so I like my Terriaki Chicken too!
    100% Hapa
    Studying til I pass out!

Achievements

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Have any of you oily skin folks ever gone through basic training? I'm considering joining the national guard, but am worried about not being able to "deal with" my oily/acne-prone skin while in basic. I have to blot constantly which would be difficult in that kind of environment, so I'm a bit worried.

Trust me when I say... when your in basic training, the LAST thing you will be worried about is how oily your skin is. Even if you do care, nobody else will. Besides, everyone will be so sweaty from running miles on end, everyone will have that oily appearance. If basic training is that important to you, you CAN'T let your oily skin get in the way with that. Best of luck to you bro.

#6 CreoleLadyJ

CreoleLadyJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

I suffer from moderate acne and have very oily skin. I went to boot camp a few years ago in Texas (Air Force) and I don't know what happened, but my skin was the clearest it had ever been in my entire life... even with the crazy Texas heat. But honestly, like most people have said, your skin is really the last thing on yours and everyone else's mind. You'll be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users