Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back Acne - Mouthwash Topical?

3 posts in this topic

I started applying scope on my upper back yesterday. I just went to check and there are no new pimples, only fading pimples that were there before, and it looks much less "inflammed" than before.

I won't use it on my face right now, in case it actually makes things worst. Easier to use my back to experiment since I can hide it if it makes it worst.

I tried use baking soda three days ago (it starts to sting quickly) and it was a bad idea, I ended up with big whiteheads the next day.

But I thought about using Scope yesterday and it didn't sting, and so far the results are good. I'll use it every two days and report back:)

Why are you using scope? Because of the alcohol?

BP works good. There's also OTC body acne stuff now. You may want to look into that too. You can try hibiclens to clean your back.

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

Thats very interesting eusa_think.gif

Let us know how that works. I've not heard of using mouthwash to kill acne bacteria.

So far so good. My back is clearing up, but I can't say for sure if it's just a coincidence, it sometimes clears a bit on its own. I'll keep doing this and if two weeks from now I don't have problems, I think I'll be able to recommend it.

I was wondering why Scope as well. The alcohol? I imagine you'd have to take a shower after that because it's sticky (sweeteners) or do you leave it on? Interesting.

No I do it after taking a shower, I leave it on. It's not very sticky actually. I use the mint one.

Well after trying it for a few days, I can't say if it helps, but I can say I still get pimples on my back, so it's not a solution.

Wash with an antibacterial and use BP on it.

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.