accutane: day two.

1131 replies to this topic

#1121 sammy0521

sammy0521

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

So happy for you! I'm in month one and have a TON of breakouts-- can't wait for clear skin like you! What did the plastic surgeon say about your scarring? Are you going to get anything done? Thank you!!

#1122 teresa*

teresa*

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

OMG i've read this entire log, lol, its taken me about two weeks! You guys seem so lovely and its been nice to read the support you have given one another. Im two weeks into my accutane course, reading this log and all of your experience I know it will be worth it and I can't wait for the end result. Its helped me learn a lot about what to expect and I feel prepared for all that may come my way over the next 5 months.

Thanks for a good read guys!!

Accutane started 24/10/2012

Month 1: 40mg

Month 2: 40mg

Month 3: 40mg

Month 4: 40mg

Month 4: 40mg

Month 6: 40mg

#1123 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hello! I miss my buddies on here & it's been a while since I've posted but I've been off Accutane for a little over 2 months. I have not had one pimple. I'm incredibly grateful for the condition that my face is in. :)

I went to a surgeon to see what could be done about my scars, and unfortunately, I cannot have any procedure done on my face until one year post Accutane. Bummer. I am planning on having something done for the slight amount of indented scars. They're not awful, but of course we're all our own worst critics, so they stick out now that I have no acne.

As hard as it was to go through six months of Accutane, I would do it again if I had to. :D

So happy for you! I'm in month one and have a TON of breakouts-- can't wait for clear skin like you! What did the plastic surgeon say about your scarring? Are you going to get anything done? Thank you!!

Thanks!!! Month one was horrible for me. The first three months are the worst, but after that things start to get better! The plastic surgeon cannot do anything for my scarring until next year. Ugh. Oh well!

OMG i've read this entire log, lol, its taken me about two weeks! You guys seem so lovely and its been nice to read the support you have given one another. Im two weeks into my accutane course, reading this log and all of your experience I know it will be worth it and I can't wait for the end result. Its helped me learn a lot about what to expect and I feel prepared for all that may come my way over the next 5 months.

Thanks for a good read guys!!

Aww! I'm glad our experiences with Accutane could help other people thinking about going on the drug or just starting their course. I hope your course is going smoothly with no crazy side effects! :)

23 year old Female, 133 pounds

Light/Moderate Acne

Previous 'Tane treatment May '09 - July '09

Claravis 80mg/day

Start date: March 28, 2012

Month 1 - April : 60mg/day

Month 2 - May : 60mg/day

Month 3 - June : 80mg/day

Month 4 - July : 80mg/day

Month 5 - August : 80mg/day

Month 6 - September : 80mg/day

Finished September 28, 2012!! Posted Image

My Accutane Log

#1124 Tiger 1

Tiger 1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, reading, champagne and being a super mom

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you are doing follow up posts! I am 37 days post tane and so far so good. I am super happy to hear you haven't had one problem. Did you have oily skin before and has any of it come back? Besides praying I don't break out, I am praying my oily skin doesn't come back. I was really oily before and it was a big pain in the butt. I'm sure some it must have come back a little cuz I 'm not super dry anymore but right now I'm just right - not oily and not dry, it's incredible. My biggest issue was hair shedding in the last month and then it kept going in the month after that but thankfully it seems to have stopped. I have lost a noticeable amount of volume but so far it seems to only be noticeable to me. I am hoping it all grows back quickly but at this point I am very happy it seems to have stopped now that the accutane is out of my system. I still have one more blood test to do - I'll be happy to get that over with and not to have to go to the stupid lab once a month! I hope things stay good with your skin and I hope school is going well! :)

#1125 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you are doing follow up posts! I am 37 days post tane and so far so good. I am super happy to hear you haven't had one problem. Did you have oily skin before and has any of it come back? Besides praying I don't break out, I am praying my oily skin doesn't come back. I was really oily before and it was a big pain in the butt. I'm sure some it must have come back a little cuz I 'm not super dry anymore but right now I'm just right - not oily and not dry, it's incredible. My biggest issue was hair shedding in the last month and then it kept going in the month after that but thankfully it seems to have stopped. I have lost a noticeable amount of volume but so far it seems to only be noticeable to me. I am hoping it all grows back quickly but at this point I am very happy it seems to have stopped now that the accutane is out of my system. I still have one more blood test to do - I'll be happy to get that over with and not to have to go to the stupid lab once a month! I hope things stay good with your skin and I hope school is going well! Posted Image

Stacey!!!!! :D

I definitely want to keep up with the post-tane posts! I'm glad that everything has been good for you, as well. My skin was semi-oily before tane, but no oil has returned after 2 months. I still can go 4 days without washing my hair, which is surprising. The hair loss had become an issue for me, as well. Especially at the end of my course. It has definitely gotten much better. I'm not losing as much as I was. I'm so happy that we both got through Accutane & now things are looking good! Yay to us. <3

Light/Moderate Acne

Claravis 80mg/day

My Accutane Log

#1126 Tiger 1

Tiger 1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:fitness, reading, champagne and being a super mom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you are doing follow up posts! I am 37 days post tane and so far so good. I am super happy to hear you haven't had one problem. Did you have oily skin before and has any of it come back? Besides praying I don't break out, I am praying my oily skin doesn't come back. I was really oily before and it was a big pain in the butt. I'm sure some it must have come back a little cuz I 'm not super dry anymore but right now I'm just right - not oily and not dry, it's incredible. My biggest issue was hair shedding in the last month and then it kept going in the month after that but thankfully it seems to have stopped. I have lost a noticeable amount of volume but so far it seems to only be noticeable to me. I am hoping it all grows back quickly but at this point I am very happy it seems to have stopped now that the accutane is out of my system. I still have one more blood test to do - I'll be happy to get that over with and not to have to go to the stupid lab once a month! I hope things stay good with your skin and I hope school is going well! Posted Image

Stacey!!!!! Posted Image

I definitely want to keep up with the post-tane posts! I'm glad that everything has been good for you, as well. My skin was semi-oily before tane, but no oil has returned after 2 months. I still can go 4 days without washing my hair, which is surprising. The hair loss had become an issue for me, as well. Especially at the end of my course. It has definitely gotten much better. I'm not losing as much as I was. I'm so happy that we both got through Accutane & now things are looking good! Yay to us. <3

Whew! I'm happy to hear your hair shedding slowed down too. I was starting to freak out there for a few weeks. And of course I tortured myself by reading all the horror stories of people losing their hair for months to years afterwards. It's pretty normal for accutane to cause excessive shedding but once the medicine is out of your system it is also typical for it to all return to normal. I have fine hair but I never realized how much of it I had, every time I saw how much was in the shower drain I felt sick but like I said, it seems to have slowed down and returned to my normal shedding so now I'll just have to wait for it to all grow back in. But I am loving my skin for now!! Overall I am still so glad I did it. Not having a painful mess on my face is unbelievable! I'm glad your oil hasn't returned yet either. I'm crossing my fingers it all stays good for both of us and all our other buddies that finished. :)

#1127 sammy0521

sammy0521

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

So so happy for you! It's give me hope! What is your skincare routine like now?

#1128 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Almost three months post tane!

Still acne free and very happy! There IS hope!!! :D

So so happy for you! It's give me hope! What is your skincare routine like now?

Thank you!!!

My skincare routine is very simple now. I use Neutrogena Morning Burst face wash in the morning and then CeraVe AM moisturizer (sometimes I don't need it though.) Then I remove my makeup at night with a simple makeup remover. I haven't had to use any acne products since 'tane which is amazing!!!

Light/Moderate Acne

Claravis 80mg/day

My Accutane Log

#1129 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

7 Months Post-Tane Update

It's been seven months since I've stopped taking Accutane. Two weeks ago I was looking back at a picture of my face this time last year and I was almost in disbelief. It was pretty bad. I was all ready to make an update on how I haven't had a single zit since I've stopped taking the medication, but then I developed this bump on my forehead which was relatively small. Not sure if that was even acne. I put some old cream from the dermatologist last year on it, and it went away but left a red mark. Then today I wake up with a VERY small whitehead. Very tiny - nothing like the big ones that I used to get.

However, I'm scared. I don't know if this is a sign that my acne will return. I don't understand how I'm even getting little zits - I haven't even been off the drug for a whole year. And I went over my cumulative dose by a lot, so it's not like I didn't get the right amount of 'tane.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my face stays clear. I don't care about a small zit here & there, but my nightmare is to wake up to what I had to deal with for many, many painfully embarrassing years.  I finally have myself back now that I am acne-free. I can go out of the house without makeup sometimes. I don't hate when people take pictures of me anymore. I'm so thankful for Accutane...I just want my face to remain clear.

The scars are still there, especially on my left cheek. I'm hoping to get laser-resurfacing done someday. The scars aren't awful, but of course I notice them.  I was talking with a friend who had acne over the weekend, and he asked me if I picked when I had acne. I said yes, and he said "I can tell."   I'll take scars over acne any day though.

Light/Moderate Acne

Claravis 80mg/day

My Accutane Log

#1130 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hello people of the Accutane Logs!

It's been almost 8 months since I've stopped taking the 'tane. Yes, I've had a few random but tiny bumps appear. They were not acne, I don't think. I'm still not sure what they were, but they disappeared and I haven't had any problems in the past couple weeks, thankfully.

So I was looking through some old photos when my acne was at it's worst....and I honestly forget just how bad my acne was in highschool. I never posted these photos anywhere. Don't mind the horrible hair and eyebrows.

58162ca1-1e53-465b-a64e-8c80fe570213.jpg

That's when I was 17 and my dermatologist at the time wouldn't put me on Accutane, and of course I didn't fight for it. I should have.

Anyway... things look good now compared to then, and this time last year!

20130518_174733.jpg?t=1368914298

I have some pink marks from those bumps that haven't faded, and the texture of my skin will probably never be even. But I'm content with the overall condition that my skin is in currently.

Thank you again, Accutane.

Light/Moderate Acne

Claravis 80mg/day

My Accutane Log

#1131 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Update: It's been almost two years since I stopped taking Accutane and I am STILL CLEAR! This drug was a miracle. Getting through those six months were anything but easy, but I wouldn't take it back for the world. I am very happy with the condition of my skin after a year and a half off the drug.

PreTane.jpg

9bd35490-070a-4d6f-b377-1c3b07649fce.jpg

Light/Moderate Acne

Claravis 80mg/day

My Accutane Log

#1132 Kim0728

Kim0728

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, watching movies, wine tasting and skin care (I'm a reluctant skin care news/info maven)

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

Wow! You look great! Thanks for the pics...I'm sure that will keep a lot of us going. :)

Month One: 40 mg Zenatane, taken with breakfast

Month Two: 60 mg Zenatane, one taken w/lunch, one w/dinner

Month Three: 80 mg Zenatane, one taken w/lunch, one w/dinner

Skin care regimen:

a.m.: Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA exfoliant, PC skin balancing antioxidant serum, PC Hydralight moisturizer and Resist SPF 30 moisturizer

p.m.: Kirkland cleansing wipes, Paula's Choice acne wash Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, PC Hydralight toner, PC 2% BHA, PC Skin Replenishing moisturizer

Supplements: calcium, fish oil, B12, and D3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users