1131 replies to this topic

#41 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Day 24

Here I am again. I know I just posted yesterday but I realized after looking through pre-Accutane pictures that my acne was BETTER prior to starting Accutane. I’m having one of those days where I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel & my mom is sick of hearing me complain about my face. I’m paranoid that I won’t get the results that I want. My face actually hurts today. It’s a combination of itchy & throbbing. My zits are pretty much causing my face to hurt. I have a brand new cystic looking pimple to go along with what’s already on my face.

I’m probably not going to update my log again until I have something positive to say...

#42 Guest_*Spiro*_*

Guest_*Spiro*_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I know what you mean Kaydon. I am having the same issues as you. I swear nothing is happening with my face. My back and chest are crystal clear but my face seems to be taking a beating. My mom is sick of hearing my complain too. I must mention how pissed I am nothing is happening like 5 times a day. Or pointing out that I have a new zit or something. She is sick of me just plain ol sighing because she knows it involves my face. haha

I am into month 2 and nothing is going on. Month 3 better be as great as everyone else is saying it will be. Good luck

#43 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

I know what you mean Kaydon. I am having the same issues as you. I swear nothing is happening with my face. My back and chest are crystal clear but my face seems to be taking a beating. My mom is sick of hearing my complain too. I must mention how pissed I am nothing is happening like 5 times a day. Or pointing out that I have a new zit or something. She is sick of me just plain ol sighing because she knows it involves my face. haha

I am into month 2 and nothing is going on. Month 3 better be as great as everyone else is saying it will be. Good luck

This is driving me insane, even though I try to stay positive. I tell myself it's going to get better. I look at people's successful experiences on here. But I'm feeling so down about my appearance. I knew it would get worse - but I didn't expect it to get this bad & I thought my IB would only last a few weeks. I'm sorry you're still going through a rough time in month two. :( But you're right - month 3 better be the "miracle month" as opposed to month one being the "disaster month".

#44 Betty Lee

Betty Lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Shopping:)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Day 24

Here I am again. I know I just posted yesterday but I realized after looking through pre-Accutane pictures that my acne was BETTER prior to starting Accutane. I’m having one of those days where I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel & my mom is sick of hearing me complain about my face. I’m paranoid that I won’t get the results that I want. My face actually hurts today. It’s a combination of itchy & throbbing. My zits are pretty much causing my face to hurt. I have a brand new cystic looking pimple to go along with what’s already on my face.

I’m probably not going to update my log again until I have something positive to say...

I'm sorry that you're so miserable! You should be looking at your last post-accutane face to see the light at the end of the tunnel! And btw, you are gorgeous! You have such unusual features. I was joking when I said the thing about Vogue by the fall, but now that I've seen those pictures, well...hey there pretty lady! Also - You shouldn't not update until you have something positive to say. That's what we're here for - to listen to each other bitch because all of our loved ones are sick of hearing about it!

#45 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Day 24

I'm sorry that you're so miserable! You should be looking at your last post-accutane face to see the light at the end of the tunnel! And btw, you are gorgeous! You have such unusual features. I was joking when I said the thing about Vogue by the fall, but now that I've seen those pictures, well...hey there pretty lady! Also - You shouldn't not update until you have something positive to say. That's what we're here for - to listen to each other bitch because all of our loved ones are sick of hearing about it!

Thanks for this reply & for your positive words, it means a lot. Posted Image I was actually just looking at a picture of me without makeup post-Accutane. That was the first time I would leave the house without makeup. I am willing to go through hell if it means that I can have that again! And aw - thank you for the awesome compliment!

But you know what - you're right. I'll definitely update sometime soon, even if it isn't something positive. I'm just being so impatient & letting it get to my head. I swear my last round of Accutane cleared me up & didn't make me break out like this. I wasn't expecting a massive breakout, but like I said. It's worth it if clear skin is at the end of all of this. And you know what...no one understands what we're really going through, it's great to have this log & each other for support through treatment!

Edited by kaydon, 20 April 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#46 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

This may sound weird, but maybe it's a good thing your breaking out like this.. maybe when you took accutane the first time it didn't get everything out that it was supposed to and this course is making sure every little thing is out of your skin. And I agree with Betty Lee, don't not update us, we all are going to bitch about this, because it's an extremely harsh thing to put our bodies through, and we deserve to bitch! You deserve to. So do it, and we will listen, we're all here for you :) Try to not focus on your face til like, month 5 and then take a good, hard, look in the mirror and I bet you will smile at what you see. The first three months, and even people experience it in the forth month, can be hell, but it wil turn around for you. I hope you had a great day!

#47 ghillieman24

ghillieman24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

I broke out with cysts everyday for 3 months straight. i had a 3 month IB. my ib was so bad in the first month i had to go on prednisone for over a month and when i got off it it returned.....dont worry about your little IB :)

#48 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

This may sound weird, but maybe it's a good thing your breaking out like this.. maybe when you took accutane the first time it didn't get everything out that it was supposed to and this course is making sure every little thing is out of your skin. And I agree with Betty Lee, don't not update us, we all are going to bitch about this, because it's an extremely harsh thing to put our bodies through, and we deserve to bitch! You deserve to. So do it, and we will listen, we're all here for you Posted Image Try to not focus on your face til like, month 5 and then take a good, hard, look in the mirror and I bet you will smile at what you see. The first three months, and even people experience it in the forth month, can be hell, but it wil turn around for you. I hope you had a great day!

Thank you Taylor! You're so right. I'd much rather have a nasty first couple of months if it means at the end of treatment I'll have clear skin. And it's so weird that things were bad yesterday - because I woke up this morning and I already see a change. It's crazy, but all of the zits are drying out and getting smaller it seems. They aren't half as inflamed as they were, and my face doesn't hurt today. Always a good sign! And I will definitely continue to update, I was just feeling very bitter! I keep going through awful days, then good days with my face. It's all worth it though. I just had my blood test today and I'm coming up to month two in one week! This is flying by already! Thanks again, I hope you have a great day as well! :)

I broke out with cysts everyday for 3 months straight. i had a 3 month IB. my ib was so bad in the first month i had to go on prednisone for over a month and when i got off it it returned.....dont worry about your little IB Posted Image

Wow - that must have been rough. But it gives me hope that my skin will turn around after all of the frustration that my IB has given me. Thanks. :)

#49 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yay! It's a good sign! Your skin is going to get better from here! Enjoy the day while your in a great mood! I am experiencing dry lips right now WOOHOO! Nothing else yet!

#50 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Day 26

Seeing some improvement from Friday - day 24, & I'm very happy about that!! The redness has kind of went away, too, which is awesome. Still have a ways to go from here.

Posted Image

So I had a few drinks last night, not even enough to get me drunk - just a little tipsy. I woke up this morning and felt like crap. I ended up throwing up.
I don't know if 'Tane intensifies hangovers or whatever...but that wasn't pleasant. And my birthday is coming up in two months - how am I supposed to not get drunk? That's the least of my worries though, I'm not a big drinker, but I am a social drinker.

I'm hoping things continue to get better. And hopefully all of you are having progress as well!

Edited by kaydon, 22 April 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#51 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Ahhhh your skin is looking magnificent!

#52 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! :)

#53 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! Posted Image

Are you kidding me!? It's looking fantastic! You should feel great! There may be some bumpy roads, but you are going to look fantastic by the end of this.

#54 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Really?! Thank you!! I'm feeling better about how much it has improved in a week! Posted Image

Are you kidding me!? It's looking fantastic! You should feel great! There may be some bumpy roads, but you are going to look fantastic by the end of this.

I am feeling great today! I almost can't believe that it's turned around in a matter of two days. It's not inflamed anymore. It's on it's way to healing & that really excites me!

#55 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I am feeling great today! I almost can't believe that it's turned around in a matter of two days. It's not inflamed anymore. It's on it's way to healing & that really excites me!

Yay! Make sure to enjoy your day now while your in a great attitude! And I promise you'll be clear soon enough woooohoo!

#56 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Day 27

Just a few things to say...
  • Got two new decent sized pimples on my chin and jawline yesterday. I know I’m not out of the woods yet.
  • Today I have to call my derm. to make sure she got my bloodwork, that everything is alright, and that she does her part of the ipledge website so I can answer my questions and drop off the script for month two!
  • I’m so thirsty today. I’ve already drank two bottles of water, and my mouth is still dry. Posted Image

Edited by kaydon, 23 April 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#57 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Tell those pimples to GTFO!

I hate having to worry about that stupid iPledge thing, the first time I went on Accutane, that didn't even exist grrr.

I've actually been VERY thirsty too! I have 4 empty glasses of water from last night :P

#58 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Tell those pimples to GTFO!

I hate having to worry about that stupid iPledge thing, the first time I went on Accutane, that didn't even exist grrr.

I've actually been VERY thirsty too! I have 4 empty glasses of water from last night Posted Image

HAHA! Oh believe me, I have been telling them that for years! It's time for them to go away forever.

iPledge is such a hassle. I've already called my doctor's office once, but with the way they are, I'll probably have to call them back a few times. I plan on dropping my script off today. I only have 3 days of medication left so I need to make sure it's filled in the next few days!

I can't believe how thirsty I was. I'm fine now, I put a piece of gum in my mouth. But wow. I felt like no matter how much water I drank I would still be thirsty!

#59 kaydon

kaydon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

UGGHHH. I'm about to freak out on my dermatologist office. I've called those sons of bitches twice today - gave them my name, my phone number, specified why I was calling. You think when they hear the word iPledge they would get the frickin' ball rolling! But no, I got a "What, say that again? You need the doctor to do what?" I mentioned the blood test and that it was my second time calling, and then they said they would need to check my records. I told them this was important and that I hope to receive a call back today. I'm starting to get all paranoid...I only have until Friday, then I am locked out. I can't have that happen.

#60 SupernatualFanatic

SupernatualFanatic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

UGGHHH. I'm about to freak out on my dermatologist office. I've called those sons of bitches twice today - gave them my name, my phone number, specified why I was calling. You think when they hear the word iPledge they would get the frickin' ball rolling! But no, I got a "What, say that again? You need the doctor to do what?" I mentioned the blood test and that it was my second time calling, and then they said they would need to check my records. I told them this was important and that I hope to receive a call back today. I'm starting to get all paranoid...I only have until Friday, then I am locked out. I can't have that happen.

I understand.. when I had my first derm appointment, she said to come back in 4 weeks, lalala, so a few days passed and she had never told me how to get my password or what I actually had to do with iPledge. My mom calls, and asks how to get my password and if I need to do anything with the iPledge system before I get my prescription, the first lady said no on the phone, the second said my password would be EMAILED that same day, and then the third said I had to answer questions that day. After an hour and a half, my mom finally realized the password would be mailed to me within 5 days.... talk about stupiditiy..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users