marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hello!

Well, I started Differin and Duac in September for my sudden severe acne that developed over the summer. I had the usual retinoid madness for a couple months (cysts--yuck!) but I was pretty much clear by Christmas!

Except for these small white/clear bumps on my nose, chin, my cheeks right next to my nose/mouth, and my temple area. They didn't come to heads. They were just small bumps, and super annoying. They made my skin look bumpy and rough. I never had them before my initial bad breakout in the summer. I just accepted that it was the way it was going to be...

But a couple weeks ago, I got sick. I was so tired at night that I just rubbed the Differin on and went to sleep, without the Duac. So... I haven't used Duac for two weeks...

THE BUMPS ARE GONE!!

And not only that, my skin texture is sooooo much better. So smooth and healthy! And my skin is less oily! Its GREAT!!

Thought I'd share in case anybody was struggling with this problem!

And does anybody know why my skin improved so much after STOPPING Duac?

#2 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

you said you developed a sudden severe acne. Now I'm really curious on how severe it was...pics? If it was sudden like that, It could have been something shocking to your body which increased its stress level to make those acne appear. It could have been temporary and you might not have even needed neither of those antibiotics.

#3 marissa8161

marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

you said you developed a sudden severe acne. Now I'm really curious on how severe it was...pics? If it was sudden like that, It could have been something shocking to your body which increased its stress level to make those acne appear. It could have been temporary and you might not have even needed neither of those antibiotics.

I don't have any photos because that was literally the absolute WORST time of my entire life and I avoided cameras/mirrors/people like the plague. But I'll tell you this: I went from absolutely perfect, flawless, crystal-clear skin (no blackheads, whiteheads, dry skin, oily skin... absolutely NOTHING but perfect skin my whole life) to suddenly... BAM. In less than a week, I had 100+ active pustules all over my face. Mostly on my chin and forehead. Over the next month they spread onto my cheeks, too. It was AWFUL... it happened SO FAST and got SO BAD...

I have pics of what it looked like about a month after I stopped breaking out... mind you... all these marks are from just barely 3 months of having acne... my skin was PERFECT before that...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 tien10

tien10

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

In your case, it could have been a hormonal issue that may have caused such a drastic surge of acne...nothing else I can really think of if what you're saying is true. Going from nothing to sudden breakout like that has gotta be hormonal. Do you remember if you had like like a period or some other women stuff happening before the breakout?

#5 marissa8161

marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

I was actually anorexic at the time... I've been working really hard on recovery the past 3 months or so, and I'm doing much better. But I lost my period when I first started starving myself when I was 14... the breakout happened right before I turned 17.

Anorexia and being at an EXTREMELY low weight basically shut down my hormones. I had none of the usual "teenager" things that result from hormones, like greasy hair, BO, period, or acne. It was actually kind of nice...

MAYBE hormones caused it... because I did try recovery earlier in the summer before I broke out, and was eating a lot more and gained a bit of weight... but I don't know. It was just so DRASTIC that I can't imagine what had caused sudden response. Besides a curse from God, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users