Wish Me Luck!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ice_princess83

Ice_princess83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hey Guys! I'm finally going to do something about the awful scars on my face. I'm booked for an appointment with Dr Gupta on thursday. Yay!! He's apparently one of the best doctors specializing in scar treatment in the UK. Not sure what he'll recommend but the lady i spoke to told me that for my skin he would probably suggest pixel laser. The price is a tad too heavy on the pocket so it better be worth it. Will keep you guys updated with pics! Posted Image
.....Joie De Vivre....

#2 Under The Radar

Under The Radar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

well good luck Ice_princess83.

hopefully will be joining you sometime in the near future with a procedure or two of my own. still doing lots of homework to make sure i fully understand and can accept all the possible risks etc etc.

2012 is the year of change........ i hope this can mark a positive turning point for many people as we look to grow stronger.

cheers to you and everyone else!!

#3 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Good luck! I'm in the UK too so will be interested to hear how you get on. Is he one of the doctors from embarrassing bodies? What sort of scarring have you got and has given you an idea of what results you can expect?

#4 Ice_princess83

Ice_princess83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hi guys. I met Dr Gupta yesterday. Nice man he was. He gave me a realistic picture of what to expect. Apparently my type of scars are very stubborn and difficult to treat :( He told me that because my skin is a deep olive color, he cannot increase the intensity of the laser as there is a risk of hyper pigmentation. So realistically, my results may not be extremely significant. So he told me to think about it because it's alot of money to spend if there's a chance I'm not going to be satisfied with the results.
I would recommend you go for a consultation with him because he is very honest abt what u can expect without making big claims while delivering none as many other doctors do.
As for me, I decided not to go ahead. I rather not spend all that money and stress out my skin if I'm not going to get much out of it. :((

Oh and yes he was on embarrassing bodies. :)
.....Joie De Vivre....

#5 justmeuk

justmeuk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Sorry to hear that. Did he advise on what would be a better treatment option for you? I have heard that lasers aren't so good on darker skin tones due to the pigmentation risk. Have you looked into dermarolling at all, as far as i'm aware there are no side effects from it and the results are comparable to laser treatment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users